1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Tracy McGrady Needs Now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 13, 2007.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yeah but how many proven vets like Armstrong are in the league that have enough "cred" to be the leader of the team and motivate everyone else. I thought it would be Battier this year but he doesn't seem to speak up to his teammates. Battier is one player that can lead a team just by his actions but it would be nice if he pumped the rest of the team up with words or clapping like he did at Duke. Maybe he will be more of a leader next season. I think that is one reason we did so well this season was because you always know Battier will be there to play no matter what the stakes are. I think the rest of the team feeded off of that and they never really took games off like they did in the past. As I said, hopefully it will get better and better and we can get some guys who have some talent and heart to help lead our team.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think he needs to tighten his handles some also. Too many times during the season he got the ball deflected/stripped/stolen against good defenders or in traffic.

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well he handles the ball well I think. First when he came back form that back spasm last season he turned the ball over a lot of times. He was just wooden but then he caught his shape and it was ok so i do not think he has to improve in his handle

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Tracy had you fooled. Secretly all along, Tmac was trying to get his cousin to sign with Houston next season. The tears, the trip, he had you fooled. But you're not a fool, are you?

5. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

He needs to take some serious notes. He also needs to watch the Pistons/Bulls series and figure out how to take care of business like the Pistons.

6. Vivid

Vivid Member

no kidding
    -V

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He's bulkedup alot. maybe too much. he's biceps and chest are pretty big.by big i mean compared to he's Orlando days. he needs to get back to he's orlando playing wheight here he was chiseled and lean, which inturn will mean more explosive t-mac...

8. WannaFly

WannaFly Member

I do think he need physically health ,especially his back.
    And what's others he need is better teammates. A more offensive and smart Yao . The bench should do good in fieldgoals.
    JVG is ok . Just give him one more shot. Let him lead T-mac and Yao .

He also need a team without Alston.

9. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

He needs a miracle.

This team needs a good coach, two more legitimate starters and at least one killer bench player.

But hey, I have faith this will happen in the offseason.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no jkidd can't shoot either.

again, we don't need to change much. if we had a role player like fisher/horry that is consistently clutch like they are, we go to the finals right now.

and if alston was that guy b/c he plays so much (or head), we win.

really, we don't need to change much.

and for tmac, START MAKING YOUR JUMPERS AGAIN.

12. wireonfire

Are they still really cousins? I remember they are cousins thru marriage, not by blood. And Vince got divorced recently, IIRC.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

Great point. Completely agree. Tmac can definitely get leaner and meaner.

14. wireonfire

Even Kidd is not known as a good shooter, he is definitely top 2 PGs in the league with Nash; and so far in the playoffs he has outplayed Nash. He is shooting 48.3% on the 3's in PO. He is more important to the Nets than Vince because he really wants to win. He is averaging triple double in the playoffs. That is an amazing feat.

Of course I was joking. No way we could get him. The Lakers probably regret that they didn't trade Bynum for him.

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no, kidd is THE BEST PG in the game. look at his team and look at nash. nash is kind of overrated. i mean jkidd has been great everywhere he has gone. nash has just been great playing w/ phoenix - so more of a product of a system guy.

look at kenyon martin w/o kidd. look at joe johson w/o the suns.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No. Not even close.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

jkidd averages a triple dub brother. would nash do that?

and jkidd doesn't play w/ a first teamer, an all-star, 6th man of the yr, and good shooters.

u think nash can do what kidd does w/ the nets b/c i can surely GUARANTEE say kidd can do what nash does w/ the suns if not better. :D

jkidd is so underrated b/c of all the hype that nash gets. and yet nash still plays NO DEFENSE.

while jkidd guards lebron A LOT. :eek: :eek:

now seriously, u still dont agree w/ me?

18. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

he needs to grab a jersey step on the court and play with the big 3 of nets

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A painproof spine that helps put his guts in place.

20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

like vince said he needs to ignore the critics and just play ball.

on the jkidd and nash comparison, come on nash plays on a team that can all shoot and step up when needed. any one of those players can score 20 pts on any given night. kidd on the other hand doesn't have as much depth and he still manages to dish out that many assists and get that many rebounds.

we really need to do something about the pg and pf issues but if we can add some better shooters and team players than im sure we can compete next year.