1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to Do When Your Team is Loaded in the Wrong Places

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 13, 2004.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

What do you think about Mikki Moore? I have seen hem a couple of times this season and he reminds ALOT of Tyson Chandler's game. I think he could be acquired for alot less than the other guys mentioned.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I agree also that that's the type of guy we need. Only, Swift/Bosh/Chandler are unique guys and tough to come by. I like the post looking at an attainable option like Moore, though I don't know if he fits the bill here or not. I haven't seen Moore much since early last year, and I honestly forgot him.

If we keep our pick this year, maybe we can acquire someone with that type of game--maybe without the offensive ability of those guys (because otherewise he'd go top-10) Anyone know if such a guy is coming out?

3. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I agree with Jeff's post, it is pretty obvious.
    But in the big picture what matters is nailing down Yao long term. TMac is signed. Getting the other piece to the puzzle is what matters.

We need alot of tweeking around those guys. We need to get more athletic and quicker.

We need to get younger at some spots.

We need shooters.

We had to take Howard and Lue to get TMac.
    We had MoTay and obviously we didn't pass up any great deals involving him.
    We signed 2 guards- Ward and Sura and the more athletic one is out.

JJ and Lue are supposed to hit 3's, but we didn't come up with another shooter (I don't count Ward as a shooter)

I don't know what else we could have done, but I don't expect this years team to go any purther than Yao and TMac can take them. The rest of the cast is limited role players. Nobody on this bench is someone you look to become a starter or third option type.

This years plan is to sign Yao long term, get Yao and Tmac clicking and make the playoffs.

Then after the new CBA (hopefully there will be one) Make another tweek.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81993&perpage=30&pagenumber=4

we recycled the old 6.9M exception into a new(smaller) one that doesnt expire till next year.

5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Another guy in the Swift/Bosh/Chandler-mold is Steven Hunter. But guess who snatched him up already?

The Suns...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steven_hunter/index.html