1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What teams would Phil Jackson have won the Championship with?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PhiSlammaJamma, May 12, 2003.

?

What teams would Phil Jackson have led to the Championship

1. Barkley led Suns

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Drexler led Trail Blazers

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. Stockton and MAlone Jazz

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Shawn Kemp Supersonics

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. none of the above

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Here's the question. Do you think Phil Jackson is the type of leader that could have led these perennial second place teams to the championship...Is that Phil Jackson's expertise. Is he a great leader? And a poor manager? Makes you wonder if Rudy T is the same kind of coach. A great leader. But a Poor Manager. Anyway, do you think he could have led any of these teams to the championship....

2. red

red Contributing Member

i doubt he could have made a difference in any of those teams. out of his 9 championships i think the assistant coach could have led some of those teams to championships. phil probably made a difference in 3 of those teams.

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

i believe phil could have led all of those teams to the championship. all of them.

4. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Since Phil Jackson can win a game convalescing from surgery and Rudy can't, I'll give Phil the nod here for a couple of those teams. ..

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Woofer, lol.

Interesting question. I don't think he could do a better job than Karl did with the Sonics, nor could he possibly do better than Sloan in Utah. I don't know enough about the Blazers. Perhaps he could have led the Suns to victory.

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I would probably say Clyde Drexler's Blazers and Charles Barkley's Suns. I would probably also add Patrick and the Knicks at some point during the 90's (instead of the bulls, and not beating the Rockets).

7. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

Why are so few people voting for Shawn Kemp Supersonics? Come on George Karl's just a terrible coach. Phil Jackson's miles better than him and should definitely make Sonics a better team.

BTW, who were the Suns coach and the Blazers coach at that time?

I voted for every option except Malone's Jazz because I think Jerry Sloan's at least on a par with Phil Jackson as a coach so if Sloan couldn't get them any further neither would Jackson.

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

At the time, the Sonics somewhat lacked a true superstar...

At the time, Kemp and GP were 2nd-tier stars. The Sonics were good because of quantity (depth) more than quality imo.