1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should the Rockets do about the team colors and logo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 15, 2012.

Tags:
?

What should the team do about their colors and logo?

Poll closed May 15, 2013.
  1. change back to ketchup and mustard, but with a modern twist

73.3%
  2. keep the logo and colors the same

9.4%
  3. come up with a completely new set of colors and logo

8.9%
  4. keep the current colors, but change the logo

8.4%
  1. Relentless

Relentless Member

This. You guys are ****ing insane thinking Les really cares what you guys think.

Move on.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think people who want the ketchup and mustard will either take the original design or an updated one....plus, a "modern twist" could simply mean changing the design of the unis enough to fit the cut of today's jerseys. Even LA, boston, and SA have had a modern update, despite practically looking the same.

3. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

I believe players want to look good while winning. i would be pretty disappointed if i went from a good looking franchise, to some crappy looking franchise like ours.

4. dream2franchise

I think the Lakers changed their jersey quite a bit. They were previously in the mold of the Celtics, Knicks, Rockets, Spurs, Pistons. It's interesting to note that according to Sportslogos.net, only the Bulls seem to have not touched their logo since they started. Impressive.

I've always thought the Spurs jerseys were/are weak. Perhaps it's just because the Spurs are wearing them though.

Most retro rehashes have some mods done to them. So the whole idea of going back to the retro look is done in spirit. There's still something done to it to make it seem a little more fresh. I think the late Sonics logo was a great example of it.

I think a return to K&M would be cool. Either returning to the look of the late 80's-90's or a slight twist as I, and others have proposed.

*Also cheers for the kudos in the re-brand post. Consider my reluctance to self promote as a form of protection from getting my wee feelings hurt. After all it takes hours and hours to do the work, and mere seconds to criticize it! Comes with the territory though, all good.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

For the umpteenth time, Art Eckman said they were "Rocket Red and Desert Gold" and NOT ketchup and mustard. That is all. :cool:

6. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Wow these results are pretty conclusive. Modern Ketchup and Mustard it is.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They should worry about that **** later. They have a team to tend to.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think Morey and Mchale will be sewing any uniforms. They have people who can take care of this while the basketball folks handle their own business..

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Why haven't you voted in the thread you created?

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because i knew you'd ask.

11. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Tweet to Morey! @dmorey

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Are you asking me to or telling me you did? :confused:

I'm sure Greg Smith told him about it already :grin:

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's the simplest of solutions, however Rockets management seems to have it out for the ketchup and mustard look.

I think they should just go full retro with it, but that's my opinion. Still, the biggest problem isn't the uni. It's the players and the coach. They need better quality in those departments if they are going to get people to come to games.

My money says Les just keeps compiling assets until he gets another good international player to cash in on.

14. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Tweet to Morey!!!!!!

@dmorey

15. Kwame

Why won't you vote in your own thread?

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Quit trying to make something out of nothing.

I didn't vote when I submitted the thread to avoid influencing posters as the creator of the thread with the first vote. I just forgot to vote after the poll got going. I've already done so, since you first asked, but I guess you didn't bother to check again.

If you're planning on calling me out by claiming i waited to vote with the majority, feel free to check out other uniform threads. I've always been in support of going back to the old uniform/colors.

I hope you're done with your witch hunt.

#36 RV6, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

The members on this site is obsessed with the uniforms.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

19. Kwame

Stop being so sensitive. People can think for themselves. Your vote at the beginning when you first created this thread wouldn't have had a disproportionate influence either way. That's a weak excuse. It just doesn't make sense to make a poll and/or start a thread asking people a question without voting yourself and/or offering up your opinion on the issue. It has nothing to do with you so please don't take it personally. I've asked others the same question. Here's a recent example:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6852558&postcount=72

Thanks for manning up for once and finally voting in your own thread.

20. cuddie

cuddie Member

Does anybody ever consider the impact a uniform has on a player's preferred destination? Superstars want to look good, and there's no way to look good in a current Rockets uniform.

Change it. Make it clean and timeless. Classic.