1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should be "Plan B" for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_4_Life, Jun 14, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If we are not getting either one, why in the *!*!*!! would you trade T. Rob???!!!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Blow it up and tank for Andrew Wiggins?

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Carl Landry's opting out possibly.

Sign Josh Smith and Carl Landry to seal up the 4 spot long-term. Re-sign Delfino as backup 2.

P.G. - Lin / Beverley
    S.G. - Harden / Delfino
    S.F. - Parsons / Jones
    P.F. - J. Smith / Landry
    ..C. - Asik / G. Smith / Motiejunas

Not in love with this, but wouldn't be unhappy either.

4. CertifiedTroll

If we don't make any noise in FA. I would try to trade some players to land a first round pick for this next years draft. Any pick in the top 10 of next years draft is going to be a great player.

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Chris Paul is at his best with a stretch 4 to space the court. In New Orleans he had Peja Stojakovic and David West. Greg Smith or Omer Asik isn't going cut it. Rockets need to upgrade the 4 spot.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gasol's contract expires next season right? If we trade Robinson for a euro pick in the draft, we could just outright get Gasol for a future pick and some fillers like white, Anderson and Ohlbrecht right?

That would be pretty sweet, but lakers would have to be blowing it up to get rid of pau for nothing.

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

1. I don't believe we need 5PFs on our roster.
    2. Trob's height and skill-set is "lesser" than Terrence, Greg and Dmo (the coaches apparently felt similarly).
    3. We have needs in other areas and Trob could still net us a 1st round pick.
    4. I think Glen Rice Jr is significantly undervalued by most draft sites. I don't think he'll be available at 34. I believe he's a starter level player in this league - perhaps better. I can't say the same about Trob.

8. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Wasn't Josh Smith plan A 5 months ago? I think Morey still likes him as plan B.

9. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I suggested we use Blatche at PF. He could also backup Omer. His PER was the 4th best this season among PFs (Duncan, Griffin, Amare, Blatche). I like Jeremy, but feel he would be more productive coming off the bench since his strength is not spot up shooting. He could play to his strengths by coming off the bench while Harden rests.

I do believe that Tyreke is a moderately better player. He can also play 3 positions. At 6'5/220+, he should overpower most PGs in the post. I like the idea of him and Harden playing inside out. Someone has to be double-teamed. Tyreke's shooting is slightly better than Jeremy's and he still has upside. He's only 23. Tyreke has the tools to be an all-star.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Plan B is to run with what we got. We will have better results.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

My plan B is to move up in the first round and draft CJ McCollum, Shabazz Muhammad, or Glen Rice Jr.

12. wise_man

wise_man Member

plan b.)asik/c-smith
    parsons/krover/garcia
    milsap/t-jones/d-mo
    harden/tony allen
    lin/beverly

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think Robinson could end up being a pretty decent SF off the bench. His defense may suffer a little, but all around he will be alright.

14. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I don't think Trob will ever play SF. I think he'll eventually start at PF somewhere, but I question his upside. I could be wrong. He's going to have to put in a lot of work.

15. jocar

jocar Member

16. verysimplejason

Tyreke would be a downgrade. Individually he's better but as a teammate, I doubt if Morey would actually trust him.

17. mockster

mockster Member

Plan B = get Paul Millsap or Josh Smith. We hurt the most at PF. We should go for a higher quality PF then Blatche. After that pick up some solid backups.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith is plan F, as in the Rockets off-season has completely failed if they pick him up. Doing nothing at all is a MUCH better idea.

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Plan B is to try again in 2014

20. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Are there free agents available in 2014 who are worth waiting for? Who?