1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Ronnie Brewer had to say... I met him last night.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by txppratt, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man, I'm sure all the GMs tell the rookies that.

We like you son, we will draft you.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Pssht! Tell him to 'get in line'! The Rockets have a solid history of promising to pick certain players and then changing their minds; it goes as far back as Drexler (if not further).

Anyways, that's how the league largely operates, anyways. However, it's a two-way street...remember Carlos Boozer?

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

All this considered, I'm pretty sure that this is BS. First off, I live in Fayetteville, AR and know Ronnie Brewer's 1st cousin. I talked to him before the draft and he explicitly told me that Ronnie hopes the Rockets pick him. Second, I don't think Ronnie would be in New York City on Wednesday for the draft, then fly to Salt Lake City on Thursday and have time to go out to a bar...THEN fly back to his hometown of Fayetteville, AR where his official draft party was occuring on June 30th. He was definitely in Fayetteville on the 30th, here is proof of his plans...http://www.pnoshonline.com/events.html .

Please, this is BS.

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Newbie busted?

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm so tired or rox brass.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dennis Lindsey was on the radio before the draft and he said flat out that the Rockets do not give promises to draft picks.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

the thread starter tried starting up another bs rumour several days ago. if someone's capable of search (mod?) maybe they can look up that post.

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

you guys can eat it. i don't really care what you say. he was there with dee and milsap. the night was the 27th, thursday night. i posted the comment on friday afternoon.

i don't remember specifics, but i think brown said they would all fly home for personal stuff and be back to salt lake next week.

check out this article you queers. i expect an apology.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_3997639

Along with second-round picks Dee Brown of Illinois and Paul Millsap of Louisiana Tech, Brewer attended a news conference Thursday at the Jazz's practice facility.

that night, he was at green street with the others. call and ask him. and don't make accusations like that if you want people to post. i have nothing to gain by posting this thread. it pisses me off you guys are being like that.

9. txppratt

what bs rumor? i've done no such thing. maybe you have your information confused with some other new poster.

is this how people get treated because they don't have 8000 posts yet?

10. txppratt

so because you know his first cousin, it makes you an authority to say that i made this up? haha! that sounds as silly as anything i've heard!!

"yeah i know his cousin... i am a hard-ass!" :)

11. txppratt

ha ha! i overlooked this post...

yeah you're pretty much right on, but there is a night life in SLC, albeit a small one... :cool:

12. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Not only did he say that, but he also said that he was in the same room with Rudy, and Rashard, and the last thing Rudy told him was that "they'd love to have him but they couldn't promise him", or something to that effect.

So either Rashard's memory is not very good, or both Rudy T, and Dennis L. are liars.

I would have loved to have Brewer at 8. He was my top choice if none of the fab 6 fell, but I just can't see us making an ironclad promise to him. After reading his interview he sounds very determined to improve his game, and not egotistical. I can see him becoming a thorn in our side for a long time. Heck, he might put up better stats than Battier THIS year.

Although I'm sure Morey will have some complex stat to show that Shane's better.