1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket will you compare your game too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farhan007, Jun 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Like are you a quick penetrating Francis, or a post up shooter like Yao???

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My "b-ball IQ" is too high to be compared with any Rockets players. ;) :D

3. farhan007

farhan007 Member

join the NBA!!:D

4. Toast

Toast Member

Scottie Brooks.

I'm about as tall as him, and would get just a little less PT than him ;)

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

im not saying what nba playeryour as good as. Im asking what nba player has simmilar game to you.

7. silent j

silent j Member

I'm like a 5-8 Eddie Griffin. I get a block every now and then 'cause I swat at everything. I don't mix it up inside and I chuck 3's whenever I can. But I'll bet I have a better jump hook.
    j

8. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I don't know about Rockets players, but I'm probably most like that teenager in the old Reliant energy commercial who would turn off the TV during the middle of the game out of frustration, and then turn it right back on again. :)

9. TIburon

TIburon Member

I'd have to go with Winston Garland, I think thats his name...

I'm not a true PG, not a true SG, I'm just there...

I can hit a 3, I can play defense, I'm just short for the SG position... I think Winston was like 6'3...

Well I'm really short 5'6...

10. because24

because24 Member

Clyde Drexler in his prime.

11. Just B

Just B Member

Steve no doubt. Even though it's intentional. I model my game after him, from dribbling too much (but in streetball that's a good thing!) to driving hard to the basket, I pretty much play like Steve. Only difference is I can't get up as high as he can (not many people can) but I can still get up there!:D

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Ex-Rocket Scottie Pippen..

I can pull up the three..im not a point guard but i love to pass and dribble... i can hustle on the boards and get big inside, some post up moves and also getting everyone involved...oh yea and also a tough defense. :D

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

No joke...I really compare with Steve, on a much lower level. I was the starting point guard in HS, was really fast and athletic, but didn't know jack about playing the point. I actually prefered playing inside, as football ( running back) was my best game, but the damned coach kept putting me at point because I was fast, and the track coach was his best bud. My strengths were athleticism ( I could dunk, was the 100 guy in track, etc.), speed, defense, getting to the hoop, and inside moves/rebounding..I played much bigger than my 6'1"...

My weaknesses were just about the worst handle you'll ever see on a point guard, at any level. I'm not kidding...I've seen grade school kids with better ball handling than me...I really didn't play that much, was playing football, baseball, running track, boxing and soccer...I was a decent but not great outside shooter...hot and cold, and whn I was cold, you could just step back and go for the rebound if you were playing me, no need to challenge...I was sort of a creative passer, but without the handle I was often caught trying to guard the ball rather than start a play. But aside from my handle, the worst part of my game was that i loved contact and putting on post moves...which is fine and dandy if you're a 3 or up, but in your point guard it might get you buckets, but it really doesn't make for a smoothly running offense.

We won a lot, but we were a very athletic team/school...but if that coach had had any brains, there is no way on earth I'm a 1...He was one of those guys who puts athleticism above skill, and it cost my team a few wins and a lot of headaches...BTW, my coach looked exactly like JVG.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i'd have to say a dribbling version of robert horry. bad assprin defense, pretty good outside shot, and can finish above the rim (probably because of the long arms... crackheadesque type frame). :D

15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Mr. Mean....

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Carl Herrera

17. We're Back

We're Back Member

Mad Max- I am out of control and ripped to shreds.

18. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

There is no one like me... who else can't hit a jumper to save their life but makes hooks consistently from 16 feet? :D I also can't dribble, but I'm a great passer. I'm really good at defense and pretty good at rebounding.

So I guess the closest thing is a 6-foot, 170-pound Yao Ming with no semblance of a jumper, better defense, and crazy Steve Francis-like layup skills.

19. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

me? we'll I'll say eddie griffin. I'm 6'5'' and I block a ****load of shots, thats my best part of my game, I can rebound pretty well , but I use a hook shot also, so you can decide lol :) , oh and I'm proly a lil more consistent then griffin like most lol

20. 3-a-charm

3-a-charm Member

None of the current Rockets. I am a pure shooter. I bet I can beat any of the Rockets in a game of "horse" any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I have lost less than five "horse" games in my entire life. Ice cold I can smoke any of them at the FT stripe. Except for Yao and Rice and,maybe Mobley, overall, they are a sorry bunch of shooters. Francis has improved but he is not a great shooter.