1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket player(s) would you trade for LeBron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidS, May 25, 2003.

1. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

I would trade Yao for Lebron

Lebron is gonna be awesome, people didn't think Amare wasn't going to contribute but he did. Both Amare and Lebron are man childs, their bodies are developed like a 28 year old's. There is no doubt that Lebron is gonna be the man at cleveland. I would not be surprised if Ricky Davis got moved for a role player for Lebron.

Lebron is 6ft 8 and around 240, he already bigger than 80% of the small forwards and his basketball skills are amazing. I have not seen anybody with his size and body (with the exception of Tmac) that explosive and quick. He runs like the floor like Kobe and throws it down like Amare and his passing and court vision is amazing.

Also, he is a money machine. In America, he is even worth more than Yao. What high school player has their high school games broadcastes by Dicky V and Bill Walton?

Also, for the people who say that Lebron is over hyped...the only two negatives I've heard about him is like shot and his defense. his shot and defense were petty complaints too. Almost every scout and every coach and GM are crazy about him.

Lebron all the way baby.

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

are you steve francis?

You use 0 logic you act like LeBron is playing against 3 year olds. He played against fellas his age he dominated like no man has before. If you can dominate like LeBron did please give the Rockets a call they need you.

Using your logic Darko Millic should be the first pick in the draft since hes playing against professionals..am i right? Cuz that scrub Carmelo Anthony is just playing against college scrubs and Lebron is playing against 3 year olds

3. farhan007

farhan007 Member

no all im saying you dont know how lebron will match up against the nba. He can be a star or he can be a bust. You dont wanna take that risk now with steve, since hes already proven himeself to be an all-star. To trad steve for lebron now means you want to have a rebuilding year next year. you dont wanna make a big of a risk like that when your so close in being a contender with what you have now...

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Okay that makes sense. In fact I posted eariler some where around this board on the same trade few days back and had the same opinion as you. But after seeing more and more Lebron Im convinced hes an impact player next year more so than Amare this year. So I would do the trade. In the long run it would work out. not that it matters

5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

He wont be a bust. Somethings are so obvious, it'd be silly to ignore the proof.

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Yao played in Olympic games and WBT for Chinese national team. I would he played at a much higher level than high school games. BTW, he was not playing 5'10" men, maybe 6'10" on average is closer. You can't ignore how good international BB players have become.

7. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

LeBron won't be a bust... he's not exactly playing against 5'10" men either... but then again Yao probably is in China based on how tall some of us chinese people are =P All kidding aside, both players have dominated their competition and there's no reason to believe James won't be a star. The difference between James and people like Jay Williams is that Lebron James has the size to succeed. Jay William's size is a handicap that he'll have to overcome. Not that he won't eventually, but James has an advantage athletically. all he has to do to avoid being a "bust" is to get his mental game together and work on small technicalities. However, to trade Steve for him... as tempting as it seem, I think it's a bad idea. It's breaking up any chemistry and would cause anything that was positive last year to dissipate. Trading Yao?.... besides the "are you kidding me" thought, Yao's not tradable according to his contract... doubt the Chinese will be very happy to know that we traded their National treasure to a city like Cleveland where he probably can't even get situated well. Like mentioned earlier... I think he's not even tradable according to his contract. Nice to dream about the possibilities though

8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

My post was to prove how ignorant some people were. I know Yao wasn't playing against 5'10 guys but most people were saying it anyway. There were a lot of people saying, "Ohh, he can score against those short Asian guys, but wait til Ben Wallace beats him up." I think he played against a 7 footer in the CBA finals.

Jim Rome's "LeBron is playing against 5'10 pimply white kids" quote is also wrong as well. People look at their public high schools any think, "Gee, our team doesn't look hard," though LeBron is actually playing against the best teams in the nation. He poured in 52 points in 26 minutes against 6'8 Trevor Ariza, the top recruit headed to UCLA. From that game alone you DO have an idea of how he can match up in the NBA. Is it a sure thing? No, but noone, even Carmelo Anthony, is. Both Yao and LeBron played against good competition before the draft but many fail to acknowledge it.

9. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Sometimes you have to ask, "Why is LeBron coming out of H.S. in the first place and why is Anthony not?"

Could it be that LeBron is physically ready and Anthony needed a few years of college to develop?

Some peoples bodies develop at deferent speeds. Amare's body is "man-child." He's an anomaly. LeBron has the same kind of body; matured on a muscular level. Just look at Lebrons hands, forearms, shoulders, legs...they are cut. Amare is the same way.

Now the bonus for LeBron is that he can do more than just dunk. He knows the importance of "old school" basketball. Thus, he knows the whole game, not just dunking and scoring.

whole game = passing, defense, ft, ball handling, shooting...etc...

10. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

A 3-way trade with Detroit (No. 2 pick, Darko) would be better IMO.

James to Houston.
    Darko to Cleveland.
    Yao to Detroit.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Detroit is a very well-managed and well-coached team.

11. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

You are joking right? I wouldn't... but Detriot could sure contend for a championship next year with that line up with Yao in the team though.

-G'day-

12. T-man

T-man Member

Why would Cleveland ever do that? Trade the guy they are coveting for someone they could just draft anyways at #1?
    Houston and Detroit both improve, but what is Cleveland gaining? They lose out on both the Lebron and Yao hype machines for a 17 yr old project who could be great in time but is nothing right now. They would not give us Lebron for any combination of players/future draft picks on our team including Yao, and would laugh and hang up the phone for Yao or Darko straight up. From a business perspective alone those trades are a joke, without even getting into basketball play/potential.

Also, alot on here have said anyone but Yao. Don't worry. Cleveland would not trade Lebron for Yao/any other player on the roster anyways. If they called us and offerred Lebron for Yao, we would jump all over it, but it will never happen. Lebron is worth more business and court play wise than Yao will ever be. We would have taken Lebron last year if he had come out. Anybody would have if they won the lottery.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Why does this thread even exist? There is NO WAY that Cleveland would even THINK about trading that "pick" (I personally believed that the lottery was rigged). King James is penciled in to be the saviour of the Cavalier franchise. For them to trade him away would deal a mortal blow to the franchise and would go down as the absolute worst trade in NBA history.