1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket player(s) would you trade for LeBron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidS, May 25, 2003.

1. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

thank you SLA, these Francis bashers need to come back to reality

2. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

It's not their job to...

Are they "the leader" of this team?

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The hype that Lebron is getting, it would take Kobe and a 1st round pick to pry him from Cleveland. It being said, I wouldnt trade Francis for him, at least until I see him play at least one NBA game.

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I would trade:

Eddie Griffen
    Mo Taylor
    Moochie Norris
    Terrence Morris
    Glen Rice
    Larry Smith

FOR

Labron
    Boozer
    and cap fillers

Rox

Yao
    Boozer
    Labron
    Cat
    Steve

Coach- Jeff Van Gundy

CLEVELAND

Ilgauskas
    Eddie G-Mo Tay
    Darius Miles-Glen Rice-Terrence Morris
    Ricky Davis
    Wagner-Moochie

COACH- Larry Smith

Deal accepted

6. Sane

Sane Member

Only T-Mac or Kobe would fetch Lebron James from Cleveland.

That being said, I'd do any of these 2 deals:

Steve Francis and a player of their choice for Lebron James and a player of their choice. Of course, their choice would exclude Yao Ming.

Yao Ming, Mo Taylor, Moochie Norris, Kelvin Cato, and Cuttino Mobley for Zydrunas Illgauskas, Jumaine Jones and Lebron James.

However, as stated before, Lebron James can only be had for T-Mac or Kobe. But that's the most I'd be willign to offer.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Have you guys actually seen Lebron play? He is the real deal..what can he not do out there? Hes a winner. who cares if hes only 18. Every NBA star was a 18 year old at one point in their lifes. There is few or 0 nba players that have the potential lebron has. I cant believe that people are still not sold on this guy. The Cavs can have anybody and everybody except Yao imo. I bet Lebron will have his team in the playoffs contending for a championship by the time hes 24 (francis's age)
    But theres no way Cleveland would do it and its not just a business issue its a talent issue also

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

wow! someone who hates "franchise" more than me!

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i fail to see any improvement. he is about at good as running the point as when he 1st got here.

didnt his scoring drop the 2nd half of the season b/c he wasnt shooting as good as the 1st half. i didnt check myself, but someone said he shot 40% in the 2nd half.

at least cat d's up for more than 3 minutes a game!

10. DavidS

That's why I woulnd't mind offering Francis, Mobley, and Griff.

Offering just Francis for LeBron would be a steal.

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I would give up any and all players on the roster, excluding Yao, for James. I would give up any 2 or 3 players for james. Guys like him come around about once or twice every decade.

Before people start talking about what he has or hasn't done, this is about talent evaluation. Are you telling me that if Shaq were playing in a rec league and you saw him play you would still say that you wouldn't trade Eric Dampier for him, because of the level of his competition? Rocket fans of all people should have grown immune to that argument since last year.

Question: When was the last guy who was this highly touted for this long didn't become a superstar? The only guys I remember being touted "can't miss superstar" for over a year straight were Duncan, Shaq, Isiah, Magic, Wlaton, Manning, Sampson, Kareem, and maybe Worthy...Of those only Ralph and Manning failed to live up to the hype long term, and that was due to injuries. Both of them were studs early on, and there is no reason to suppose that they wouldn't have been stars if they had stayed healthy. A lot of thse guys weren't even thought of as highly as LeBron...

12. SLA

SLA Member

To end this......I would trade anybody but Yao for Lebron James.

But the truth is that Cleveland will never trade Lebron James...unless maybe for Shaq and Kobe.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

as many have said in this thread, and as i have said before seeing as how this isn't the first time this question has been asked:

anyone outside of Yao.

14. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I think not getting into playoff has made some of your guys insane. We will have a better team than Calaiver in the forseeable future even we don't trade anyone, just bring in a tough experienced coach.

Also, some of you spoke for other teams, like Spurs and Lakers. If you ask Spur fans whether they would trade TD for Lebron, they would laugh at you. Come on, two times MVP for an unproven kid? or ask Laker fans whether they would trade Kobe plus a high first round pick for Lebron, they will tell you hell no.

At this point, I will take TD, KG, Kobe, Tmac, Kidd over Lebron + a first round pick. I don't think Lebron will ever achieve what MJ did. He will be lucky to win a MVP title in his career.

15. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

LeBron won't need to "achieve what MJ did" if he were to play with Yao. Besides, "can't miss" prospects are can't miss for a reason. THEY ARE THAT GOOD. Hello, are we all forgetting the same old arguments that used to infuriate rocket fans just a year ago?

1 year ago...

Jay Williams-Put up comparable stats against COLLEGE guys. Proven talent. NBA Ready. Loves the game and won a title. He's a winner and is the REAL #1 pick.
    Yao Ming-What has he proven? His stats might look good, but he's playing against 5'10" Asian guys. I hope someone dunks on him, because he has a serious ego problem thinking he can be better than Shaq.

Flash forward a year...

Carmelo Anthony-Put up comparable stats against COLLEGE guys. Proven talent. NBA Ready. Loves the game and won a title. He's a winner and is the REAL #1 pick.
    LeBron James-What has he proven? His stats might look good, but he's playing against 5'10" white guys. I hope someone dunks on him, because he has a serious ego problem thinking he can be better than Magic.

Am I the only one finding these similarities disturbing? You must find the best TALENT. Period. It doesn't matter what competition because it all boils down to who'll be better in the NBA.

What are with all the people wanting Carmelo instead? What has Carmelo done, other than smile during games, to show that he has "the much better attitude and work ethic." Why does everyone assume that LeBron is lazy, even though he constantly says that his #1 priority is getting better?

With that said, I would definately give up anyone outside of Yao to take him. Definately. Indeed.

16. farhan007

farhan007 Member

you gotta be kidden me!!!! Lebron James hasnt even played 1 game of nba basketball. He hsant proven himeself. While Steve Francis is a freakin perinial all-star!!!! Les would be a dumb ass to trade steve for lebron. Ricky Davis and Lebron would be okay though.

17. farhan007

farhan007 Member

its kinda hard to make moochie norris, eddie griffen to look good

18. farhan007

farhan007 Member

ya, lebron can sure ball high schoolers... gues what!?!?! so can i....

19. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

That's the logic that put Samaki Walker ahead of Kobe Bryant in the draft. Just terrible.

20. DavidS

So, why aren't you signing a $90 million deal with Nike?