1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rocket Fans Truly Feel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Dec 15, 2011.

?

Which is it really?

1. Sad: We lost our chance of having a frontline of Pau and Nene.

126 vote(s)
    61.2%
  2. Happy: The Lakers wasn't able to get CP3 and D12 together.

80 vote(s)
    38.8%
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

As I stated before, if the hornets wanted the rockets to add patterson and lowry, why not just go straight to new orleans and make an offer to them using lowry,patterson, and whomever else to get paul, vs being a sidekick to get gasol? It just never made any sense to me that we were making the lakers much better over the next 4 yrs plus allowing them to get howard in the offseason. Terrible idea any which way you cut it

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If you are looking for a player for the next few years to compete for a championship, CP3 would not work. CP3 is only signing an extension for LA or NY. He would demand a mid-season trade or just wait for free agency in 2012.

The Rockets would be crappy with just CP3 and scrubs to contend for 2012 championship, but not bad enough for a talent rich 2012 draft.

After CP3 bolts, the Rockets would definitely be horrible in 2012-13 season and would qualify for a top 8 pick. However, that draft would less talent rich. Some of the high upside guys waited for the 2012 draft because of the strike. They will be gone. If rumors are true of an age limit increase to 20 for the year's draft, then the sophmores will be uneligible also. The Rockets will be left with more low upside guys that couldn't get drafted for the past 2 years and weren't good enough for Europe(Brandon Jennings).

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Scola, Martin, Dragic and NY pick wasn't too much for Gasol and Nene.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

People are refuting what you are saying because Paul wouldnt have stayed here. Yeah i get what you are saying though. The league was trying to make us do the deal for Chris Paul and not the Lakers. People just dont get why that was wrong. They keep saying Paul wouldnt have stayed here but that is not the point.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

The issue here was the approved trade that was blocked. After that, Stern was clearly trying to get out of this deal by asking for too much since managers were against the Lakers acquiring CP3 and still having a shot at getting Dwight Howard after. Stern has denied it but it was clearly conspired. No way he would put the league and his reputation at risk by blocking a fair deal that his manager approved and was already made public if he didn't give in to other team managers protesting.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Exactly. That is the issue. Thats what has Morey so peeved right now.

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Indifferent. We are not going to get anywhere with Pau and Nene anyway. At least I can still watch Scola in Rockets uniform because he is by far my favorite player in the NBA.

8. Bellaire Brody

Proof that you know nothing about basketball.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Where do you think we can go with Pau and Nene?

And I know nothing about basketball because Scola is by far my favorite player in the NBA?

Proof that you are an idiot .

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good post. Love us some Scola.
    But yeah I think Gasol would not be interested in playing here....thus I think half assing will be likely.
    but we still would be in playoff race for the 7th spot. Wow. I am blown away.