1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Quitten says after the game:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Dec 22, 1999.

Tags:
  1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

"As a player, that's something you look forward to," Pippen said. "You come out, and you rise to the occasion. I anticipated coming in here, and that's something you like to see.

"They were taunting me, but I wasn't saying much, I was just listening. It's a lot of fun, the fans made it fun for me."

"I didn't even rub it in their faces; I just kept playing like I did all night," Pippen said. "It's about us winning the game, not about anything with the fans. We came here to win, and that's what we did."

He sucks..

2. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Rub what in our faces? He didn't do much. The assists were other players putting the ball in the hole. He just threw it to talented players.

I laugh in Pippen's face. He still talks like he is a king or a leader. He is just deceiving himself - acting like he could go off for 25 if he wanted to. He isn't fooling anyone. If it weren't for those 2 last shots where he was wide open, he would have had a bad scoring night. And the booing did bother him. He did not like it - didn't look like he was having much fun tonight. He talks crap out the side of his mouth.

The guy is a fake! He even has himself faked out.

3. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

He didn't rise to the occasion in my opinion either. Had about the same stats as always, even last year. What a head case.

4. francis23

francis23 Member

I am not defending Pippen, But He played a good game, he had a near triple double, 13pts, 8reb, 8asst. But the key was who cares what he did in the 43-45 mins its what he did in the last 46-48, he hit two huge shots. Those shots were daggers in Rocket hearts, if pippen didn't hit those shots i don't see the Blazers winning this game, he came up big when it counted. (To Bad he couldn't do it in Houston). I think Quitten can still score but he doesn't need to anymore as much because of the deep Portland Team. Steve Smith was also huge factor.

I am in no way sticking up for Quitten i hate him for what he done to the Rocket fans organization etc., I am just giving respect where it is due.

FRANCIS HAD A SWEET DUNK BEFORE QUITTEN HIT THE SHOTS.

------------------
    "Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Wally Szczerbiak and Shawn Marion are guys who are going out to score. That's not my job on this team right now. But if I needed to, if my coach asked me to go out and score 30, I can get it in one quarter"

-- Steve Francis.

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

francis 23,

I can't agree with you. Pippen's two shots hurt but they were by no means what beat us. Up until then Pippen had done nothing of consequence - just prior to hitting those 2 shots, he had jacked up about three 3 pointers in 5 minutes and they were all clangers. He was just hoping to land a couple and salvage some respect, and luckily for him he did.(He finished 1 from 5 in 3 pointers)

Your quote " I think Quitten can still score but he doesn't need to anymore as much because of the deep Portland Team" Is that the same reason he only averaged 13ppg in Houston?

Steve Smith, Greg Anthony and Portland Offensive boards late in the 4th were what beat us.

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Davo-
    I'll side w/ Francis23 here (much as I hate to as well, I hate the guy as much as anyone else) but keep in mind what made Houston great was clutch plays in meaningful times. Pippen did that with his 2 big shots.

Keep in mind Houston as a team hasn't hit big shots at the end of many games all year long. Continually we lose games in the 4th.

Luckily for pippen he plays on a team that keeps them in games and occassionally he gets his chance to knock down clutch shots.

I hate him as well, but we would love to have any other 13-8-8 player on the roster (as long as he wasn't paid like a franchise player).

He did what he is paid to do last night, win games.

The offensive boards by portland didn't help either!

7. davo

davo Contributing Member

If Pippen did what he is paid to do last night, the Mario Elie should have been earning $14million a season for the last 5 years (he did it again for San Antonio las night vs Phoenix).

Once again - Pippen scored 8 points in the first 3 quarters and 5 points between 4:19 and 3:15 to play in the 4th. His two horrible 3 point attempts just before this were one the reasons we were still in it.

Giving Pippen credit for "winning the game" does gross injustice to Steve Smith.

8. francis23

francis23 Member

Hey Davo,

Those Shots were huge!, who cares how many he missed before he hit the shots when they most counted when, the rockets were making their run. He did the Same thing against minnesota earlier in the year. when he was
    0-9 but just as the T-wolves were making their run, he drilled two big threes.

And about Quitten's 13pt average, in Houston he should have averaged more, but he didn't the Rockets last year were in no way as close as the Blazers This Year. If Pippen Was on the Rockets this year, and was accepted as the man i think he would have averaged 20+ Points a game.

Steve Smith Deserves Huge Credit he also put the nail in the coffin with the three, but that was after i am sorry to say Pippen drilled the huge shots.

I am not siding with quitten i just wanna say he hit two killer shots.

------------------
    "Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Wally Szczerbiak and Shawn Marion are guys who are going out to score. That's not my job on this team right now. But if I needed to, if my coach asked me to go out and score 30, I can get it in one quarter"

-- Steve Francis.

9. 33

33 Member

Hey bball fanatic, how can you say he didn't do much tonight, are you the type of fan that thinks that scoring is what makes a player great? Well you need to realize that to be a great player, you must do more than score, you have to do the things that will win the game for your TEAM, and thats what Scottie goes out and does every night for his team, he is big enough to not have to score 20 points a game just to be happy with himself. Pippen in my opinion is the greatest all-around player in the league and he showed it tonight by doing what had to be done to win the game. The end

10. davo

davo Contributing Member

Hey 33,
    You said of Pippen:
    "...he is big enough to not have to score 20 points a game just to be happy with himself."

Then why did he b**** and complain last year when he wasn't "the man" and was only scoring 13 ppg? Maybe he's grown up a bit since leaving Houston 'cos he sure wasn't "big enough" to settle for less last year.

11. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

No, Snottie Pimple realizes his luck. After his ridiculous play last season as a Rocket, the rest of the NBA teams (including the team that he still wants to play for) weren't falling all over themselves to get him like he thought that they would. Luckily for him, his childishness and Cato + Jailblazer scrubs were enough for the Rockets to move him.

12. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Davo,
    because we sucked.

13. 33

33 Member

actually davo, its because he wasnt involved in the offense, im sure if rudy said he could do something more than stand on the wing and pass it in to barkley and hakeem, and he still only got 13 a game, he would be happy, because he would at least have a chance to do more, i think the real reason he got out of houston was the coaching

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

33 -- you're hilarious. You should be coming here to kiss our ass on a daily basis for giving creampuff a chance at a ring by playing with a team as blessed with talent as the Portland Trailblazers. He's no different this season than he was last season ... just he's now playing with players who can carry his ass consistently.

We paid him to be a leader and he was a disaster.

The Blazers are paying him to be a caddy sidekick, and he fits that role just fine.

------------------
    Clutch
    CLUTCHCITY.NET -- SPREAD THE WORD

"We have to admit how disappointed we are in Kelvin Cato, the Houston center expected to be a shotblocking, rebounding monster but looking more like Shawn Bradley every day. If that's not reason to start playing better, nothing is"
    -- Eric Karabell, ESPN

15. Barzilla

Barzilla Member

I have always maintained that Pippen is the best complimentary player in the game. He was a pretty good complimentary player in Houston. The trouble is that we NEEDED him to be more than that. Rudy was going to change the offense to suit his style, but he didn't want any part of it because if we were going to win a title then he was going to have to be the man. Scottie is clearly uncomfortable with being the man. That's why he wanted a trade to the Lakers. He knew Shaq and Kobe would be the main guys so he could just compliment them a ride them to a title. It isn't so much Scottie quitting that bothers me. It's the fact that he will never face up to the fact that quit is exactly what he did. He wanted to make it an issue about Barkley being fat. The difficulty is that there is enough truth in what he said to distract enough people into believing him.

------------------
    Rockets When? Rockets When?