1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jacquescas, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Stromile swift for the MLE

DA for the LLE

now what? Any chance Lonny Baxter or Dion Glover make this team? I'd still like to give Jay Williams from duke a 1 year minimum contract i know we will have a glut at guard, but we can drop Head to the NBDL and chances are we will make a mid season trade with all the expiring contracts.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Do nothing. We're ready to go right now. The best thing to do right now is play. See how Swift and DA do, and how best they fit into the gameplan. Maybe DA will start at SG, maybe he'll play backup SF, and maybe he'll play some point. I don't doubt that he'll try all of those things during the course of the season. Swift and Yao will make a fearsome frontcourt. If things work out well then we go from there. Maybe we trade for big man depth at the deadline. Who knows?

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think we'll bring in a PG for the training camp, but i think finally were seeing the future roster now. i doubt anymore Signaficent moves are gonna happen.

4. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

Cd says he still plans on doing some "big" trades. maybe he's got something up his sleeve

5. rvpals

rvpals Member

Is There anymore good PG available in Free Agency?

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

When did he say this?

8. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Replace Dream with Yao and Clyde with Tracy..

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You heard this where?

10. Thanos

Thanos Member

There might still be a 2 for 1 deal out there. It has been hinted at by both Doc and the Chron.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hopefully so.

Our guard rotation:

Sura, Wesley, James, Anderson, Barry, Head, (not to mention because they shouldn't count: Mooch and Ward).

12. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

Oh no, I hope this isn't true but Hoopsworld is reporting that we are still bringing in Latrell Sprewell--that's the 2 for one and by shipping out 2 we'd open up roster spots for Spree and Lonny Baxter. I don't know Latrell seems like a cancer to me but if H-world can be believed we're not shipping out much (maybe Baker and Ward)...here's tha link

http://www.***************/article_13908.shtml

13. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

We aint getting Spree; end of story....

14. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Yeah, I think it's time to play some ball, get the players accustomed to each other. Let them learn to work together. Adjust as needed.

15. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Build up some chemistry - Then let T-mac take over.... :D

Then win a ring.....

Houston Rockets 2006 NBA Champions; McGrady - Finals MVP.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I would take Spre in that deal JUST to dump Baker & Ward. Honestly, who wouldn't ? :p

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

If we did that we couldn't use the MLE next summer w/o going over the Luxury Tax. If you look at it that way you are saying you want Sprewell over an MLE signing next summer?

18. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

There's no way Luther Head is sent down to the nbdl. He gives the Rockets everything they were missing last year - youth, athleticism, speed, and talent. thats what the rockets were in most need of last year and swift, anderson, and head fill that void for us.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he will give us that with no PT behind sura, wesley, james, barry, and DA. if we make a 2 for 1 deal then he might stay. if we keep out team then i would assume he will be in the NBDL.

whats so bad about that really? it will give him a chance to play and improve for next year. ward and moochie wont be on the team, so head can take one of thier spots.

IMO, our next move is singing deke. The way I understand it, we can either give him 115% of what he made last year (which would be over $8M) or sign him for the minimum.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

" If we did that we couldn't use the MLE next summer w/o going over the Luxury Tax. If you look at it that way you are saying you want Sprewell over an MLE signing next summer? "

Your point is well seen. I agree. I just got excited to the idea of dumping Ward, Baker, or Mooch. I am happy if we sign Deke & stand pat. :cool: