1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What NBA team should I follow, after the grizzlies and I parted ways.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 10, 2013.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I guess you could go root for the Utah Jazz and people could hate you more?

2. what

what Member

Maybe I should just be done with the nba period, and all of professional sports. I just think that Miami cheering lebron and co on like they have some great bond with this team when it was given to them on a silver platter, it is so phony.

Might as well root for a college team because Free Agency has ruined the purity of the game anyway.

3. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

There really never was purity in the game. Professional basketball players themselves aren't of the purest kind. I love this game, btw. But, you sound like a kid who just found out that Santa isn't real. lol.

4. Swag

Swag Member

houston rockets

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Personally, I think the Grizzlies will be better without Hollins. Of course, I'm a supporter of the new basketball methodology, so I may be biased in that regard. But rightfully so!

6. what

what Member

no, i'm just getting older. the older you get, the less you will tolerate things. when I was younger I didn't care how we got a player.

nowadays though, when players just jump ship every chance they get and management using players as pawns, it just makes you respect the spurs even more for doing things the right way and STILL WINNING.

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I can understand. I do respect the Spurs as well. It's actually hard not to. For F's sake, they are our rivals and I do not have anything negative to say specifically about them.

8. VBG

VBG Member

I agree here.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Just another what, the, ****.... Thread from a Chitty **** like myself....

10. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

The Spurs have Duncan. Judging the Spurs while they have Duncan is about as stupid as when people were judging the Bulls due to MJ. We found out very quickly that is was 90% MJ and 10% the Bulls and we will likely find out the same thing in San Antonio though I am expecting everyone to bail (Pop and ownership included) the minute Duncan retires.

1 person likes this.
  11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

The Rockets? Odd that you post here but have no interest in rooting for them nor do seem to live in Houston

12. matty101

matty101 Member

I could be wrong here, but didn't the Spurs tank to get Duncan?

13. what

what Member

you're wrong, they lost David Robinson due to injury was the main reason they were bad.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol, Pop took over the coaching so he could lead the team down the road of deliberate losing.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

It is obvious that the new Grizzlies ownership and management cares more about saving money than winning a championship. The person I feel bad for the most is Z-Bo, because he doesn't have many more good years left and now the Griz have zero shot at winning an NBA title unless every team they face in the playoffs is missing an all-star player like LA and OKC this season.

Memphis could have been a legitimate championship contender:

Conley/Vasquez
    Allen/Mayo
    Gay/Mayo
    Z-Bo/Arthur
    Gasol/Speights

That team has no real weaknesses or flaws. It's a team with great wing play, two extremely talented bigs down low, two serviceable backup bigs who can hit mid-range jumpers, two really good pgs, and an excellent 6th man in Mayo. It would be a team that combines good offense and defense...dynamic wing play with punishing post play...a team that would control the glass, have a lock-down wing defender, and a bonafide closer. That team would create matchup problems for anybody it faced and that's a team that could compete with a healthy OKC, the Spurs, and Miami for a title. Almost half of those players, however, are gone and with Hollins not coming back, the window has finally been slammed shut.

Edit: Memphis fans are extremely upset and expressing a lot of anger and outrage at the organization on the Grizzlies' official facebook page as a result of the decision to let Hollins go. Out of over 500 comments, there are NONE that support the move...WOW!

#35 Kwame, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  16. Shaud

Shaud Member

You talk about purity and then talk about just watching college basketball?

Strange considering the best players in college only stick around for a year or 2.

17. macho87

macho87 Member

Follow deez nutzzzz

18. hlcc

hlcc Member

we need to take a step back and remember its just a game that we watch for entertainment. if a team is horrible (not saying the grizzlies is horrible) and not entertaining to watch than you have every right to give up on the team and stop watching, there's nothing to gain from being a "true fan"

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We all know what will be watching the grizzlies come october. Dint believe anything he says.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.