1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What mental image do your fellow posters conjure up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, Jun 3, 2004.

Tags:
  1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Here's a few:

MacBeth -- Slim, with slightly oily black hair, purposely disheveled in a pretty-boy, metrosexual kind of way. May or may not have an evening shadow. Wears a long-cut black leather coat all the time.

BobFinn* -- For some reason, I always visualize him as Larry Bird.

PhiSlammaJamma -- Very tall and rail thin. Looks like Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters, except more athletic.

Sir Jackie Chiles -- Medium height and thin, with sandy brown hair in a bowl haircut and round glasses. Carries a briefcase wherever he goes.

Summer Song Giver -- Sort of pudgy, with light blond hair. Wears a stained t-shirt.

Brian Kagy -- Very short with red hair and glasses. Extremely pale complexion. Resembles Doogie Howser.

StupidMoniker -- Scaly skin and nine reptilian heads that instantly grow back whenever they are cut off.

2. coma

coma Contributing Member

RocketMan Tex - Wolfman Jack

i2k - Ron Livingston

rockHEAD - That spanish kid from That 70's Show

Macbeth - Judd Nelson

Rocket River - Doug E. Fresh

Rocketman95 - Lance Berkman

Sir Jackie Chiles - German Sex Cannibal

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

:D

I'm not that large. The two that I have constantly heard throughout my life are Billy Joel and Tim Curry.

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

a) I don't know...not really. Hawke would be the closest. CLoser than Williams or Gates, though, that's for sure.

b) Dunno. Posted a while back, don't remember the thread. In the pic Batman looked incredibly intense, like he was about to freak out and kick some ass, but apparently that's not his usual demeanor. Looks kinda like the guy who plays Mr. Smith in Matrix.

5. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I thought you were black for some reason.

I have more to come tommorow or later this evening including id2k, MR. M, B-Bob, SJC, and many many more...

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

LOL!

Not too far off, in a way. Dirty blond hair, not oily, but have to cop to the pretty boy metrosexual purposely disheveled thing, though sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it's pretty much bed head. Don't own a long cut leather coat, but I do wear a long navy wool coat in fall and winter.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, much like his character in the movie classic Office Space, I do have "a dream of doing nothing". :D

8. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Never heard that one before...

Am one of those people always told 'you look like X', and X varies but James Dean is by far the most common, except when 90210 was big, when it was Jason Priestly.

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is a funny thread. Mostly funny to me because between the Barkley farewell game (where I met heypartner), the Smeg tour (where I met a ton of folks -- I remember shyly introducing myself as Batman and having half the people excited to meet me and the other half saying okay and walking away), my plays (where I met about ten more different posters), a BW3 game viewing way back (met a few more), my BBS going away drinks at the Harp (about seven or eight more), NYC game viewing (Across 110th and Rasellas), NM lunch with rimrocker, NM playoff viewing (rimrocker and rrj_gamz) and meeting the JB's at Greg Wood, I've met maybe 30 regulars here and not a single one looked like I'd pictured them. Not really even close.

That's funny MacB. I've only seen bits of the Matrix on network TV but I've gotten that Mr. Smith comparison a few times when I've worn a black suit and sunglasses. Also used to get young Jack Nicholson constantly and occasionally Neil Young or Mick Jagger. Also funny about looking like I was about to freak out and kick ass. That's more a look I make for photos than the real deal. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'd say everyone post pics up of themselves but we know what happened the last time someone did that. :D :D

**cough**cough**YoYao**cough**

11. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I was just looking back at that thread the other day...funny stuff.

12. RocketMan Tex

Nope. I'm a wonder bread honky mofo sumbeeeyatch.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That's actually a pretty good comparison.

Me = Sammy Hagar? LOL! :D

If you must see a more recent image of myself...

[​IMG]

Taken at a show recently. Hair is crazy, I'm sweating like a pig and grimmacing like I'm in serious pain, but, whatever... :)

14. RocketMan Tex

And playing a fretless, ya big old honkin' stud you!:D

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Good eye. :)

I play it about half the time for one band and the entire time for the other, which is a little odd since it is a harder rock band than the first one. I really enjoy fretless and there aren't a lot of guys who play it well around town, especially one's who have good intonation. Man, nothing worse than going for a note and being halfway in between two fets. Uh, that's a, uh, G###. :D

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That's me in the middle at Glacier NP last year... and that's as much of me as I want to show to you people. Batman and rrj are sworn to secrecy regarding my true visage.

Batman looks cool in a mysterious sort of way, rrj looks like a regular guy who's cool to hangout with, which he is.

I always pictured Glynch as a much younger guy then he really is... GVegan I pictured as the complete opposite of how he's described himself... MacB always sounded like one of those Profs who was a little too enthusiastic in helping a young coed find herself... B-bob makes me think of a younger Buddy Hackett... Twhy has got to have a burr cut... bamaslammer has got to wear caps a lot...

[​IMG]

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm actually 6'6 and weigh 200 pounds :). Dark brown hair, no bowl haircut, I do wear glasses (most of the time), no briefcase, but a laptop bag.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

rimrocker's a couple years older than I'd thought. He describes himself as a big fat guy but that's ridiculous. He is tall but not fat at all. I'd figured glynch for thirties. He's a little older than that. Also didn't see the moustache coming. Looks like a thoughtful middle aged lawyer, which is what he is. Didn't figure RIET for Asian. He is. Super nice guy. Across 110th was younger and thinner than I'd expected. I had no mental image of heypartner going in, but was still surprised. Didn't know what to expect of Smeg before meeting him. Had thought Jeff would be taller and thinner in a tie dye and with short hair. Wrong on all counts, but he's not heavy or short, just average. Mrs. JB is way cuter and way more petite than I'd guessed. I had an image of long, sort of big, sort of frizzy blond red hair and maybe glasses. Wrong on all counts. Thought rockHEAD would look like a hippie or a headbanger. Just looks like a regular, young, nice guy. Wouldn't have guessed rrj was Latino but he is. rimbaud's look's not surprising but it's not how I'd figured him. Didn't really have preconceived images of Buck, Rockets03, Lynus, Pimp, Fatty, R2K, RMT, JBII, Behad, zz, RM95, Kim, DVauthrin or even Jorge. They all surprised me, in terms of age and look, but they all made sense too. Dean B.'s pretty surprising, but makes sense too. I'm sure I'm leaving out several folks I've met. Pretty much everyone's been friendly as hell though.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Lol. Okayyyy... ;)

Thanks to the Smeggy World Tour, I can no longer imagine a lot of you guys as cartoons or over-the-top charicatures as I previously had.

However I can still think of MadMax posting while decked out in a Spider-Man Halloween costume or RocketMan Tex as Yosemite Sam.

I think of Beetle Bailey when reading bamaslammer.

LeGrouper makes me think of Heathcliff. The badass cartoon character, not the guy in Wuthering Heights.

I still picture A-Train as the WWE performer of the same name.

Isabel, one of those busty, long-legged hot lab technicians you see in sci-fi movies.

Juan Valdez, the coffe guy everyone has mentioned.

Green Vegan, Tommy Chong.

Brian Kagy, a grizzled mountain man for some reason.

Dr of Dunk, Don Ameche.

Can't think of anymore at the moment. Hope nobody takes these as knocks as I like everyone on there. ;)

20. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember talking to Jeff about your confusion. You saw me multiple times and were always surprised when you saw me again...because I wasn't a redhead with glasses. The reddish facial hair probably didn't help. Pretty sure I had some when we first met.

Batman,

I look different now, so maybe I would fall more in line with your thoughts.