1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What mental image do your fellow posters conjure up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, Jun 3, 2004.

Tags:
  1. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

That's seriously like me, I'm sitting at my desk and I rip off my buttoned shirt and tie as soon as the clock hits 5. Unfortunately, I do not proceed to go fight crime like you do. Part of this is due to my strange fear of buttons.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I posted earlier that I always picture him as Jim Rome. I guess it's because of his occasional "smackdown" for bad bbs members.

3. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

That's similar to my impression of him. Just today I've noticed numerous threads where he is "reminding" posters to include links when posting articles.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Late to the party as ususal but I swear this is the image that pops in my head every time TJ posts:

[​IMG]

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

There was a picture of Clutch on the original CF website I think.

About a year ago, someone dug it up and posted it in a thread. I don't believe that poster or thread has been seen since. :eek:

6. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I picture Gene Peterson to look like.......well Gene Peterson.

7. twhy77

I second the motion.

8. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Because of Jeff, I've been able to meet quite a few of the regular posters on the board. And, in doing so, I've learned I'm terrible at picturing what people look like based on their posts. A few of my many misjudgments:

Manny -- he ended up being much larger (height wise) and more imposing than I expected.

Batman Jones -- Coversely, he ended up being less physically imposing than I expected (I think the superhero name led me to my faulty expectation).

Rockhead -- For some reason, I expected a lot of facial hair (he was clean shaven).

rimbaud -- I'm not sure why, but I thought he'd have red hair and glasses. Even after the first time we met, I still pictured him with red hair and glasses. It took a few more encounters to finally get that image out of my head for good. He also ended up being much taller than I had anticipated.

MadMax -- I was expecting a suit-wearing angry white guy kind of vibe. Instead he had a much more happy-go-lucky, khaki-wearing thing going on. The Toby Maguire comparisons seem fairly accurate -- I think the eyes are similar.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do me, do me!!

Ah, a Mrs. JB post...gotta love 'em. :D

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I took on GP's nom de' plume after about 30 seconds of thought. Back then everyone was using Rocket dirivitives. I'm sure the real Gene is thrilled to have an agnostic, liberal, war mongering, malcontnet posting his utter disappointment with Francis and gnawing doubt about Yao as him on a Rockets afilliated site.

For the record, I 'm the spittin image of Paul McCartney, only my jowls havent fallen quite as far...yet.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

this thread is funny. Too bad I am too lazy to contribute right now. I stayed out too late last night, coming home around 7am can really make you sleepy in the day time.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Que?

Not quite. Someone told me today that I look like Scott Peterson. :eek:

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Excuse me while I go warn my wife...............

14. twhy77

That infinite groove sight, is your pic up on there? If so, I bet I can guess which one is you! :D

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is a very interesting thread

Now checking the site

Jeff Looks similar to what I imagined .. . i imagined him
    Much older . . . must be the maturity thing he has going

Trader Jorge does look alot young than I thought - I had
    put him in the Walter Mathau mode

Fatty Fatty is alot more clean shaven and refined . .
    I just had him as the ultimate Frat boy turned Frat Man
    Thing maybe .. . Otter from Animal house

HeyP looks alot thinner than I thought . . .
    I always pictured him as a big guy . . . .6'2~6'4
    about 250-300 LBs
    just a John Madden/John Thompson SPORTS GUY roving over tape like JVG

Rocket River

16. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Robin Williams?!?! Bill freaking Gates!?!?!?

You guys would find it harder to be farther off on me and remain in the same general race and species.

As for myself; Batman's pic surprised me, for some reason, and even though I know what he looks like, I'm always picturing Bruce Wayne. Jeff similarly is someone whose pic I;ve seen, but it never jives with how I picture him. Mrs. JB has been said to look like CHarlotte from Sex & the City, so that's my image. T_J, I've seen the pic, and he looks so normal it defies his persona. HP I always pictured looking sort of like an accountant. I know what AB looks like, and it sort of fits, sort of doesn't. I picture andymoon, Mad Max, and mrpaige all looking like guys in Dockers commercials. Manny sort of brings a teddy bear looking guy to mind. B-Bob I see as a West Coast Academic; sandals and a BMW.

More later.

17. twhy77

I said one of the students but a little more masculine, would I be incorrect?

And where was Batman's Pic?

18. wiws316

wiws316 Member

I always thought jeff would look like sammy Hagar
    [​IMG]

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

close. I am quarter indian, 3/4 arab. Look more indian than Arab. Poster of Eddie Griffen, and KG. took down stevee coz i was going to get one in the new jerseys, never got around to doing it. Used to have short hair faded, but now have the fro going.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I dunno why, but the thing is when we were reading Macbeth at school we had a kid that looked like William Gates and he was playing the part of Macbeth, and everytime i saw macbeth for some reason i thought of the poster on the BBS, and so the image stayed in my head that you resembled the kid who resembled billy.