1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What mental image do your fellow posters conjure up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, Jun 3, 2004.

Tags:
  1. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

So I was thinking this might be a cool idea for a thread, what mental image do you get of a poster when you think of them? (If I get anybody's race wrong please forgive)

I'll start with the first 5 I think of:

1. Trader_Jorge- For some reason a slightly smaller and more fully headed Bald Bull comes into mind. I guess its part of his attitude.

2. RM95- Well before I learned he was pudgy I pretty much figured he was just the typical Austinite, wearing polo shirts and khaki shorts, typical caucasian suburbanite, kind of tall and lean and sort of non-descript.

3. Jeff- There was this song by NOFX called Jeff Wears Birkenstocks, and well, I guess I get that image in my head whenever I think of Jeff; somewhere along the lines of what I thought RM95 used to look like only with overexagerated Birkenstocks on.

4. SamFisher- I imagine a slightly nerdish, well dressed, olive skinned guy, sipping a latte at a NY cafe, wearing a cardigan while reading the Times.

5. Clutch- I think of a dad, dressed prim and proper, squarish muscular face; doesn't laugh much because he's to busy having to be sheriff, yet at the end of the day he probably tosses back a beer with the deputys down at the CCnet tavern.

2. twhy77

Nobody is gonna bite heh?

Well I'll give some more...

A-Train- I think of L-Train from that show City Guys on NBC Saturday Morning.

Jaun Valdez- Its hard not to think of him as being that guy with the sombrero, although I think of him as being more from Belize than anywhere else...

Buck Turgidson- Well, he's named after the General from Dr. Strangelove, but for some reason I just always think of him as Dr. Strangelove.

Rocket Man Tex- I think of a mix of Bleeding Gums Murphy and Doug E. Fresh, just sitting on his front porch playing the saxophone all day long pausing to eat or make a post...

MacBeth- I think of a slightly more masculine version of (insert the name of any of the guys from Dead Poets Society) who wears one of those tweed coats with patches on the elbows.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Prediction:

This thread is going to turn into a picture posting bash fest.

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Funny because I neither own a pair nor like them. :)

I'm MUCH more comfortable in jeans or shorts, a decent t-shirt or button down and a pair of cool shoes. I am so completely NOT a hippie, it isn't even funny. I'm way too much a city boy. Hell, I get blonde freakin' highlights in my hair! :D

6. twhy77

Is that at your place in the LC? I'm from there too; you West Side or East Side of town...?

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Jeebus. Thank God I've lost weight and cut my hair shortER since that bbq. Yikes! :eek:

8. Behad

That's heypartner's place in north Houston. My place is on that link above. East side, under the Oaks, interurban LC trash.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

4. SamFisher- I imagine a slightly nerdish, well dressed, olive skinned guy, sipping a latte at a NY cafe, wearing a cardigan while reading the Times.

Twhy, I don't really drink coffee as alcohol is my stimulant of choice, and am far more likely to be found in a bar than a cafe when I am not wasting time here, would not even think about wearing a cardigan, (should anybody under 35 be allowed to wear one...ever? I think not). I at least read the Times though, online. (why buty the cow...etc)

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Fairly accurate, except I look (and feel) more like Bleeding Gums Murphy than Doug E. Fresh, and I sit on the back porch instead of the front one! Gotta do the human scarecrow thing to keep the damn birds away from my tomatoes! :D

11. twhy77

Holy Crap Jeff looks nothing like what I thought he would....:D

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Try to remember that I grew up playing heavy metal. I was more likely to wear spandex and make fun of hippies than I was to wear burlap and share granola with them. :D

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Would somebody please name all those in that picture Behad posted. Thanks!

14. twhy77

My world will never be the same, I always imagined you looked something like what HeyP looks like.

15. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

hmm, wheres that Dungeons and Dragons mpeg when you need it?

16. Behad

Go to the link...all the pics there are labeled.

17. twhy77

They are all named if you go to the Smeggy world tour.

18. twhy77

Well anyways, to get back on topic, what do you guys think other people look like, i.e. the ones you haven't seen.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I always pictured SamFisher as someone who knew that alcohol wasn't a stimulant. :D

(props to you know who you are for that one!)

20. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

here i'll play your game. it's actually very interesting because i'm a pretty visual person and i get a picture of the poster in my mind sometimes when i read the posts. it's interesting because certain words and letters in the account name will conjure up images but you know you have no way of knowing what these people actually look like.

A-Train makes me think of my best friend andy from high school... haven't talked to him in a loooong time, but we used to call him A-Train. you know, because Anthony Thomas was called that back then.

Juan Valdez... I, like you, think about the man with the bag of coffee beans and his burro. except i think of a specific commercial... where a guy opens up his window and Juan Valdez is there handing him a cup of coffee.

I have no idea where you get cardigan for Sam Fisher. I think of a guy sitting in front of his TV playing Splinter Cell. Creative... huh.

DavidS, I think of an elderly black guy. This is because I used to have a super named that, and his name was David Sims. Really nice guy.

whats funny is that none of these are probably anything close.

looked at Behad's links. very interesting.

never would have guess Kam was an asian dude.

antisonic... i always thought nuclear physicist for some reason. but just another normal guy. lol.