1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Makes me Sick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, May 7, 2007.

1. waterflea

waterflea Member

Not an offnight. He did not have the chance to shot the ball. His offense is limited because he can be perfectly guarded by a 6'9" athletic PF. That being said, he is a rebounding beast, and not much you can do with that.
    I just mean his scoring/FG% can be very limited if we have a taller and athletic PF.

2. stq

stq Member

well..it doesn't really matter even if we do...

coz if you use your PF to guard Boozer, who is going to take care of Okur? Yao? all the way out around the 3pt line?

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i'm glad we didnt beat utah, because golden state would've beaten us by 50 points. this series is going to be very exciting.

4. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

the hardest part in all of this pain is to watch utah and GS very hot and boring summer rockets fans(also to me...) :(

5. waterflea

waterflea Member

If you have a 6'9" PF who can guard Boozer, I would not be mad to let Battier on Okur for bulk of time and AK47 shoot some uncontested midrange jumpers. It is much better than allow Boozer to shoot 53% or lay the ball in.

6. stq

stq Member

PF on Boozer
    Shane on Okur...
    so you would put Yao on AK47?

7. waterflea

waterflea Member

It doesn't matter. Maybe JVG would disagree but in today's game, it is all about which team can make better execution and defend opponents' best weapons. Let AK make Jumpers is that best that I will take for Utah's offense, just as Utah never got mad on Hayes making easy baskets under the rim. Just collapse on Yao/Tmac and let the scrubs shoot the ball.