1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what make some of you understand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Feb 16, 2009.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

We r suppose to be 60 win team, look at the team now we r in big trouble. i can see another early playoff exit in the future, our chemistry is terrible , it's clearly something need to change.

i'm used to laugh about some appeciation thread about role players like Refer. Wafer, Scola, Landry, Brooks.....now i 'm sick of that, can these guys win playoff for us? if yes, so trade yao, TMAC.. if no, stop puting the thread like

"OFFCIAL DONT TRADE SCOLA THREAD "... bala bala..

why i am getting feel about some of you don't care about winning. are you guys tired being talk " this is the year" at beginning of season, are you guys sick of listen to your friend maybe is laker fans who always say" never mind rocket, soon or later you totally forget them, high expectation, end up bust"........

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I said before we even got Ron Artest that he was a HUGE chemistry risk, and that you don't put a guy with such a strong personality into a clubhouse that has great harmony, but poor leadership.

Sometimes, it sucks being right.

DD

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Ron is the leadership.

4. Thinhallen

Thinhallen Member

I have to disagree with you here DD. I dont' think Ron Artest is as much of a risk as people seem to think. He works his butt off inside and outside of games to do as much as he can on the court. That has to be contagious to the other players. He just wants to win whenever he's on the court and you can see it by the effort he puts out there.

I think the problems right now stem from the fact that we haven't had a regular rotation ironed out this season whatsoever. The players are probably frustrated with seeing variable minutes and hopefully with T-mac sidelined indefinitely, we'll have an opportunity to get some stability within our lineups.

Also, for the amount that Ron is making this year, I'd like to see someone that isn't on their rookie contract, contribute the same that Ron is capable of doing.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

I personally don't want to see any major changes unless we can get some long term pieces or shed some salary for the new expected lower salary cap. Right now our team beyond T-mac, Luther Head, and Battier are performing at their current salaries or going beyond that. I'd like to see Yao demanding the ball more and taking more shots with his high FG percentage, but I think he'll start asserting himself when we start playing more team ball.

As an aside, I'm not sold on the great free agent market of 2010. I think the majority of the superstars are going to resign with their current teams so I'd like to see the Rockets try to manipulate the teams who are trying to get 2010 expiring contracts and possibly pull a Morey out of their hat =)

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

his problems arent a result of his strong personality. he's not fitting well into the offense. he's throwing up threes and playing too much one on five ball. put him in the post. let him out muscle people like we saw in the overtime win over Utah...

7. worzel gummidge

The Rockets have never had a 60 win season in their franchise history.

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

He drives the crazy train.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0xk_dMK1NE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0xk_dMK1NE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Republic

Republic Member

I personally don't see how it's accurate to say Artest has a strong personality. He doesn't seem very strong in any capacity.

10. joesr

joesr Member

DD is stuck on this issue, he got schooled last time he created a thread a bashing Artest. I wouldnt bother...

11. DaDakota

The problem is that I am absolutly right on this issue, but people do not have enough life experience at team building or leadership to understand what I am talking about.

Just watch Tmac and Ron's body language when they play together. Ron calling out Tmac directly was a disaster, the locker room is in disarray, why? What changed from last year's locker room?

Ron Artest and Tracy McGrady don't fit, I said it BEFORE we even got the guy, it remains true now.

I don't expect everyone to understand, at least right away, but everything I said about acquiring him and the risks involved has come true...EVERYTHING.

1. He is a chemistry destroyer - true
    2. He does not move off the ball - true
    3. He throws teamates under the bus - true
    4. He is a ball stopper - true

Yet, I got hammered for it...well.....one big old hairy...TOLD YA SO !!

:D

DD

12. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

You seem pretty happy. Congrats I'm gonna go kill myself cause I thought we had a chance.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree.

Been meaning to post a thread on why everyone here is so loyal to mediocrity. I mean honestly if any of us were GMs we would not know what to do. Some would keep Shane until he retired and Tracy too.

Others would trade the entire team and have a brand new lineup every other month. I'm just sayin if you have the opportunity to better the team the you do it!

Imagine if we wouldn't have traded for Artest. We would have nothing! Donte Greene hasn't been doing anything, Bobby j same, and it looks like we won't have a lottery pick this year unless this entire team inplodes, knock on wood.

Just sayin Morey is an intellegent man and knows what direction this team needs to go. And trust me we are headed there...

14. DaDakota

Morey has been great at acquiring assets, but I have been underwhelmed by his ability to put together components that compliment players games.

You can't just put talent together and roll the ball out, their games have to fit.

DD

15. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Stop bashing Artest. We all know the cancer is TMac.

16. DaDakota

I am NOT bashing anyone, I am saying their games do not fit.

All the things I said about Ron are 100% facts, don't call it bashing because you don't like what the facts say.

Deal in reality, you will be better off in life.

DD

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

True.

I could kinda see at the beginning of this that we could have, not chemistry but, 'role' issues.

I do not like to compare this team to Boston but it helps my point. They have KG to man the post and enforce the D. Peirce is the scorer, extremely clutch and knows how to make plays. Ray has the outside can shoot lights out any day. That's a good compliment of players.

With us I see as everyone taken turns posting up, Tracy & Ron jackin up 3s, and Ron mainly putting his head down and charging towards the rim the few moments they have played together.

We need to start with someone young like a Caron Butler, in my eyes Tracy is teetering between 1/4 to E in the tank. He can be our scorer and if we can not get a Mike Miller type player to take the perimeter shots than we still have the likes of Wafer, Brooks, and Barry to work with.

Our mode now is contend yet get younger for the future, just my thoughts. I still have faith but my hopes are low as to winning a championship....

18. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Please wake up. TMac is done. Nobody can fit him. Just sit him or get rid of him, we don't need any change.

19. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Ron and T-mac don't have good chemistry on the court that is true. But Tracy doesn't have chemistry with anyone on the team.

Rafer complained openly about the lack of chemsitry the squad had when tracy was on the floor so did Yao but the Yao just kept it in the lockeroom because he didn't say names. But in reality tracy has has made the lockeroom a mess by not coming to the season in game or basketball shape. He let everybody down because on paper if they worked at it the guy's were looking to contend.

You can't really blame it on ron this time because he isn't the only one who has expressed dissatisfaction.You got rafer and Yao who have directly and indirectly echoed the same views.

Everyone seems to play better when tracy is not on the floor including Ron. Just look at the games when tracy isn't in the lineup and Ron takes that #2 scorer role. He actually suprisingly moves the basketball and the on court chemistry seems smooth with everyone on the floor.

20. DaDakota

Yes we do, Ron is expiring, and if the team is not going to resign him, they need to try to get an asset for him.....

If TMac is done, I am fine with keeping Ron through the end of the year and then trading him this summer....

But he is not part of the Rockets future, he just does not fit.

DD