1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of player Boki is?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Panda

Panda Member

I haven't had the chance to watch Boki's game videos, my browser doesn't let me watch those on the CC.net. So I am curious as to what kind of player he is.
    Is he another typical Euro player who can shoot the lights out but can't defend worth a lick?
    What is the most likely NBA comparison in either talent or style?
    Could he turn out to be the next Peja? or god forbid, the next Mirsad Turkan?
    Can he create his own shots or is he a strict spot up shooter? etc.
    Anything on Nachbar is welcome.
    Boki surely looks good. Even he turns out to be the next Matt Maloney, he will still attract many female fans. Anyone that can put butts in the seats is welcome. I can't wait to watch he and Yao play!

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

From what I've heard, he can shoot lights out, but he's not a great defensive player. However, he seems to be much more of an athlete than Peja as far as running the floor and taking the ball hard to the basket. That actually seems to be his biggest strength.

#2 DCkid, Aug 4, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2002
  3. bigstinkyt

bigstinkyt Member

Of the Tom Chambers mold.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if he still has them or not, but Clutch had some good videos of Boki linked in his signature. You might want to check the multimedia section out and see if they are there.

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I think Boki is going to be an excelentyl balanced player on offense. I know the Rockets were very happy with the way he takes the ball to the basket and how he's very capeable of slashing. I also remember the Rockets saying he was the best shooter they worked out when he made 24 of 25 from 17 feet and 23 of 25 from three point range. I don't know much about his D but that was enough for me to get pretty excited about him.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He finishes well around the rim,has good ball handling skills and can take the ball to the basket and can hit the mid range shot with accuracy.His 3 point shooting is not as good as his 2 point shot but he has been improving that as well.On defense he needs a lot of improvement.

7. Flying_4_ever

Flying_4_ever Member

Why does everybody call him Boki? :confused:

8. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

Maybe because he's tall, skinny, has dark hair and starred on Perfect Strangers. Oh, wait, that's Balki. And no he didn't.

9. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I was thinking he was like Shaq.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Because that is his "official" nickname that he likes to be called.

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

...well, that, and "Bostjan Nachbar" is both a mouthful and a spelling challenge.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

A Croatian friend of mine said Boki is a traditional nickname for Bojan, which is a popular Slav name, and very similar to Bostjan. She wasnt' surprised to here Boki tied to his name.

14. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Other than that they're both white anc can shoot, I don't see the connection. Chambers had a pretty decent power game, which I haven't heard about nachbar having.

15. Panda

Panda Member

Thanks for all the response.

Boki being a good shooter as well as a good slasher?

OMG, am I dreaming? I mean when it is the last time the Rockets had a sf who can shoot and slash?

Shooter - Sam Mack
    Walt Williams
    Glen Rice
    Slasher - Scottie Pippen
    Shandon Anderson

We've had enough one dimensional offense sfs. If Boki can shoot and slash decently while playing avarage defense, the Rocket's will be set at the starting sf. The Rocks don't need a star at every position.

A solid prospect that suits the Rockets' needs, seems like a well-spent 15th pick.

By the way, it's kind of strange that there is no Italian fans on this board. Maybe the Italians are more into women volleyball? 'Cuz that No.12 Fransesca Piccinini on the NT is da *n burning hot...

Raven Lunatic:
    I tried but my coumputer doesn't play those videos properly, don't know why. :(

16. leehoang

leehoang Member

from what i've heard he's a high flyer and likes to throw it down

and then i heard he can really shoot.

i wouldn't believe anything until i see it.

17. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

This isn't really on subject but what happend to Sam Mack. I remember he had some big games for us and was one of the players we could count on when we needed a bucket. He had some good years here.

18. Panda

Panda Member

If memory serves, Sam Mack lost out when free agent Shandon Anderson expressed interest in playing for the Rockets. Then he signed with GSW, vowed to make Anderson look bad, and still lost out in games against Anderson. Later on he's waived(?) by the GSW and got busted for speeding and possession of mar1juana. Haven't heard much about him since then.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He played for Miami last season for at least a few games.

20. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

If we're looking for a backup two, why not Sam Mack?