1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your Realistic Target for a taxpayer MLE free agent this offseason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 28, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

The value of Beverley is guarding the ball.
    Stop the point guard = stop the ball

Other teams view Ariza better than posters on this board.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if Bev or Ariza are willing to come back for the MLE, i'd sign either in a heartbeat.

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

DJ so that we can trade Capela

BHannes2BHonest, SC1211 and mastan like this.
  4. basketballholic

Anthony Randolph to a portion of taxpayer MLE. Then get Marcus or somebody else in a SnT.

raining threes and fattz like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We avoided the Tax didn't we? Full MLE or no?

6. ilias

ilias Member

Jeff Green. Most other FA forwards that fit our needs will get more than the TMLE.

7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

AIUI, @BimaThug thinks that the non-TP MLE will handicap the Rockets too much by hard-capping them to the apron. Now to track down his Tweet where he said that.

DAJ for whatever chunk of the MLE it'll take. Or JMG, but he probably won't get here. WCS would be great. How're we affording him?

I think Rivers is gone absent a discount. Not sure Faried wants to keep playing here for the minimum. Who cares about House, if it's playoff House that'll be here? GG will sign here, if the Rox want him, for whatever they'll pay.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. PWR

PWR Member

My Top 3 (in this order)
    *We win a championship by adding one of them, in my opinion.

Julius Randle ($15-20 mil)
    Bobby Portis ($12-15 mil)
    Rudy Gay ($10-12 mil)

Next 10 targets (we can actually afford using some or all of MLE)
    Austin Rivers
    Dewayne Dedmon
    Derrick Rose
    Seth Curry
    Tomas Satoransky (restricted)
    JJ Redick
    Anthony Tolliver
    Rodney Hood
    Wayne Ellington
    Kevon Looney (if Capela is traded)

Jayzers_100 and Crutch City like this.
  9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I wouldn't assume we only have the tax-payer MLE. using the non tax-payer MLE would hard cap us but we have room under the hard cap for our returning players, empty roster spot charges, the full non taxpayer MLE, and the LLE. I'd rather go that route than resign shumpert to a large tradable contract and only use the tax-payer MLE to sign another marginal player who probably won't move the needle for us.

The full MLE we would bring in an x-factor type player like Mirotic, Redick, Gibson, Matthews, Rivers, JaMychal Green, Lamb, rose etc...

The tax-payer MLE just brings in depth like Carroll, bullock, Ed Davis, Markeif Morris, KCP, Hood, Ellington, Curry, Burks, Sefolosha,

BigMaloe, Cdub37, Hmc415 and 2 others like this.
  10. beardsanity713

With all the rumors about possible roster movement I just compiled a list of UFA who I think could really help the Rox

Forwards:
    A. Aminu
    N. Mirotic
    M. Hezonja
    Jeff Green
    B. Bogdanovic
    D. Carroll
    CJ Miles
    T. Young
    T. Ross
    R. Gay

Centers :
    A. Baynes
    M. Gasol
    B. Lopez
    R.Lopez
    R. Holmes
    N. Noel

saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Holmes should be available for the MLE as a backup small center if the Suns don't re-sign him. Baynes, Robin and Noel should be available too. Carroll, C.J. Miles, Jeff Green and Hezonja are all MLE forward possibilities. The rest will demand too much in my opinion.
    Kanter is a UFA according to Spotrac. I seriously doubt if Morey can get him after his good playoffs performance.

RocketOrg, ilias and beardsanity713 like this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hear Tax Savings is good

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  13. beardsanity713

Agreed! I really think Hezonja would benefit alot playing alongside Harden from what I've seen he just needs the right situation good 3 pt shooter pretty decent defense hasn't lived up to his draft position but still a solid player Baynes would also be a really good insurance in case we deal Capela a floor spacing big is what we are missing

basketballholic likes this.
  14. bmd

bmd Member

I like Al Farouq Aminu, but even he I’m sure is out of the taxpayer MLE price range.

Slim pickings to find a guy for about $5 million per year that will really contribute.

It’s almost not worth it to blow the whole taxpayer MLE on one guy... because is there really much difference between a $5 million dollar player and a vet minimum player who outplays his contract?

It seems $5 million dollar players are in no mans land. You don’t get into good players until you hit the $8-$12 million dollar range.

#34 bmd, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

which is why I think we have to spend the larger MLE. get an actual player who can move the needle. I don't care if it hard caps us. we can afford to bring our starting 5 back, spend the larger MLE, spend the LLE, and fill out the remaining roster with more vet minimum guys and still be under the hard cap. no reason to spend the smaller MLE and go for a lesser player just to not be hard capped.

RichieBanks and saleem like this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

My biggest concern is if we sign someone other than Rivers to the MLE, who backs up CP3? Rivers was a perfect backup because he could come in for three different positions. He also performed very well in the playoffs.

17. raining threes

Holmes is exactly the kind of guy they should be looking at. He would fit great in this offense.

saleem likes this.
  18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Agree about Holmes. He’s an athletic 6’10” kid that could step right into Capala’s role. And he’s not as skinny so he won’t get pushed around. Would love to see a package where we get a kid like Holmes and a SF like Oubre.

raining threes likes this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

good god man. could you imagine how terrifying wed be if kawhi played with harden? jesus

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. raining threes