1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your opinion on Clint Capela's contract?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, May 16, 2019.

?

What is your opinion on Clint Capela's contract?

1. Extremely satisfied

11 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

39 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. Ambivalent

17 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. Somewhat regretful

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Extremely regretful

18 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. mastan

mastan Member

He played horrible against Jazz also.

2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

AD can join?

3. jowman

jowman Member

He’s a regular season stat stuffer. 16.4 is a lot for someone who doesn’t do anything in the playoffs. Could get McGee to get alley oops for the minim.

4. Handles

Handles Member

There’s another guy I’m thinking about on the rockets that doesn’t play up to his contract - not even close.... At least Clint is (imo) fairly easily tradable.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Terrible free throw shooting, butterfingers, wants to layup instead of tearing the rim down.

Great regular season player and a dud in the playoffs.

3 point shooting bigs who can make free throws is where it's at in today's NBA.

Little Bit likes this.
  6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

can you clarify what you mean by played horrible? he took Gobert out of most of the games. he forced a max salary all star snub to have a negative offensive box plus minus and almost 0 value over replacement player.

he also reduced Gobert's stats in rebound rate, assist rate, turn over rate, usage. Gobert still played great defense since Clint is not an offensive player, but Clint definitely shut down the jazz's option to use Gobert on offense.

HP3, Invisible Fan and Vivi like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We’d really get to see if Harden prime is better than CP3 prime than? Or if Reggie Jackson is better than JJ Reddick. Lol.

But .... yeah

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

He played horrible when he was sick, or you didn't even watch the games?

HP3 likes this.
  9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Indifferent, he was playing well before he got hit with his 2x virus and GSW is good at you know team oriented basketball so they were able to take the easy PnR buckets away in our series.

He needs to develop a consistent hook or post move in order to transcend to the next elite level. His performance depends heavily on Harden or CP3 so if they're not having good games he can end up marginally productive.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. mastan

mastan Member

He may be still sick against GS.. anyway against Jazz he played awful some games and some games just ok...overall horrible.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

He was sick against Utah bro, he had red eyes and could barely run and jump until game 5, it was reported he was actually very sick, he had some sort of virus...that's why i was asking, like, did you even followed the team? o_O

12. mastan

mastan Member

I know he had 2 viruses against Jazz.. but what I meant is the way he played against GS he still looked sick.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well this i don't know obviously, overall he did look soft against Golden State but i don't know if he was still weak because of the virus. What i'm saying is just that there was a clear reason why he was so bad in some games against Utah, it's not like he was being outplayed, it's not a coincidence he played much better in game 5 when he also clearly looked not as sick as before.

14. HROZ

HROZ Member

I'd trade him.
    We need to shore up our forward position.

Last year I would've said he's underpaid, now he feels overpaid.

But
    I think centre is the position that's most overpaid in the league. I mean all these guys are probably on the trade block too

Mozgov Biyombo Mahinmi Plumlee Whiteside Dieng Adams Valancinous Powell Drummond Zeller Thompson

So plenty of competition to dump C's.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

His contract is movable. He outplayed all of the opposing centers last year in round 1 and 2. This year was garbage the entire playoffs. I mean I dont care if we have him or not next season, but I would trade him if it meant improving this team even if its little.

RocketOrg likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we traded him and somehow got DeAndre Jordan or Javale Magee I'd like that. Nice if we could get Julius Randle at power forward.

ryano2009 and RocketOrg like this.
  17. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Randle would be a perfect fit. Capela played great against Gobert last year and was okay this year. He looked lost against GS and in my opinion was a liability and should’ve sat on the bench. However, up until the GS the TV announcers were still talking about his as one of the most improved players in the league. If NO thinks Randle will walk then perhaps they trade him to get something ins return. It’s still a decent contract for a young productive player, though

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't get it?

It is a really great contract for a 16-12 and 2 guy....

Why would anyone be unsatisfied in any way with his contract?!?!?!?

19. dejamike

dejamike Member

In today’s market, his contract is actually reasonable. I have seen worse players got more.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ask me after the offseason, when I know what team the Warriors have, hahah. If Klay and/or Durant stay, who the **** cares?? I'll still be a Rockets fan forever... But it's not going to matter. Now if Klay/Durant bolt and it's just Curry, there might be some hope with Capela (if he learns to dunk the ball), haha