1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Your Favorite Soft Drink/Beverage?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 6, 2001.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Beer.

Cold Beer.

Cold, Cheap Beer.

and Expensive, Room-Temperature Red Wine.

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

JOLT cola. Got me through all those years of college :)

3. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

I almost never drink soft drinks unless I'm having pizza -- then I HAVE to have Pepsi with it. Otherwise I just drink water or coffee.

I was born in Detroit, and my entire family calls soft drinks "pop." I have no idea why -- it's just a midwestern thing. When we moved to New Jersey, I found out that everyone there calls soft drinks "soda." When I got to Texas, I found everyone calls soft drinks "Coke" no matter what brand it is. So at this point it's easier to just drink water. :)

4. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

PEPSI - Generation Next...babe!

Arizona Rx: Stress w/ Gensing.....What an energy boost!

Bombay Blue Sapphire Gin Martini - "Gin will make you sin" :eek:

5. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

6. haven

haven Member

Good to see you back, rocketman tex... I hope you've reconsidered your departure?

7. Elienator

Elienator Member

I'm disappointed that Dr. Pepper has gotten such a weak response considering it is far superior to all other soda products.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Dr. Pepper sucks in my opinion. YUCK!!! My favorite beverage is sweetened iced tea. Carbonated is diet Coke.

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, Coke, and H20

10. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

Snapple Peach Iced Tea and Miller Lite for me...

I stopped drink all that "pop" a while ago and I have felt a lot more healthy...just a thought...maybe it just applies to me. Anyways, I am done

11. mfclark

mfclark Member

I'll take water myself. If I have something with sugar in it, it's most likely cranberry juice, orange juice, or sweet tea.

I haven't had any soda, sans for a couple of glasses of Sprite three months ago, in a long time.

12. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

My favorites used to be (before I gave them up): Dr. Pepper, Coke, and my magic mixture of strawberry soda and Mountain Dew at most Taco Bells.

Now, I don't drink cokes unless I am dying of thirst and there's nothing else to drink. I only drink (ugh) diet cokes now. My favorites are: Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke w/lemon, Pepsi One (weird, b/c I absolutely HATE Pepsi), then Diet Coke.

I thought I would never even try the diet Coke with lemon, b/c I tried it at work with a real lemon and the fountain diet Coke. It was disgusting. Oddly enough a lot of people ask for lemon in their diet Coke. Anyways, my brother had a 2 liter bottle, and was talking about how good it was, and about how the lemon flavor masked the diet taste of the soda. I reluctantly tried, it and immediately fell in love. The lemon flavor doesn't taste like real lemon, and it does mask the diety after-taste of the soda.

I also am a fiend for 2% milk.

I drink a ton of diet Wyler's pink lemonade flavor. It's cheaper than Crystal light and tastes a whole lot better. I drink this so much, because I hate water. I don't know what it is, but I just hate it. I mean, I can drink it, if I'm out playing ball or working out, but otherwise, no way.

On Mello Yello: It used to be my favorite as a kid, but then I stopped being able to find it in Houston. And, now unfortunately, I don't drink the regular stuff anymore... :(

Other beverages I love:
    Margaritas - The Patron Silver on the rocks margarita can't be beat.
    Zombies - I love 'em... mmmmm. When my wife and I were in Jamaica, I made sure to almost always have one in my hand while we were at the hotel. All-inclusive is cool.
    Appleton Rum - It's a Jamaican rum, and I can't seem to be able to put so much into a drink where it tastes too strong. I mean, I'm sure it's possible, but I can put about twice the amount of Appleton's in a drink than I could any other liquor (and still not have it taste too strong).

13. haven

haven Member

Which makes me wonder... what's up with nasty after tastes with diet drinks? Anybody know what that is?