1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your definition of "a lot" of sexual partners?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Feb 6, 2008.

1. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

Survey Explores Sex And Drugs In America
    Jun 22, 2007

NEW YORK (CBS News) ― The average American man has sex with seven women during his lifetime, compared with four male sexual partners for the average woman, according to a new federal survey that used high-tech methods to solicit candid answers on sexual activity and illegal drug use.

Men are far more apt to play the field when it comes to sex, the survey found — approximately 29 percent of them reported having 15 or more female sexual partners in a lifetime, while just over 9 percent of women reported having sex with 15 or more men.

The survey, released Friday, was based on data collected from 1999 to 2002 for the National Center for Health Statistics, a branch of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In previous federal surveys on these topics, participants were asked questions in face-to-face interviews; the CDC believes that caused underreporting of behaviors that might be viewed negatively.

This time, data was gathered from 6,237 adults, aged 20 to 59, in what are called computer-assisted self-interviews — a method designed to provide complete privacy and produce more honest answers.

2. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

thats not the point, the point is the likely hood is higher. As i stated before, even if its just .00000001%

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seven.....SEVEN.....ROFLMAO...that was a bad semester in college.

Thank GOD for docicyclene.

:D

DD

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Amusing that you don't deny the analogy.

Even if that's true (and I doubt it), you're a pretty sad man if you pre-judge the people you date like that. Do you ever talk to these girls, or do you just asked for a signed affidavit of non-sluttiness?

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Sex you had over the summer shouldn't count though...people supposed to get...

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Wow, I guess 1999-2002 people valued sex more than now.

7. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

...slutty??? :D (I know it suppose be horny)

8. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

explain value

9. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Wasnt arguing for myself, just that i see drexel22's point and extremes were the easiest way to get the point across.

Personally, people do what they do for reasons that are their own and based off of different experiences throughout their lives, who am I to judge why they make whatever choices they make.

Logically, I agree with the correlation between someone having a certain repetitive behavior (insert behavior) and then trying to stop being harder for someone who has done it alot as aposed to not a lot.

Not saying everyone that has sex with 50 guys will cheat, just saying that id bet on the person with 50 cheating before the person with 3.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Wow I'm getting tired of this crap.

First of all, read post #124, where I was responding to Fatty.

To try to summarize yet AGAIN: you got one person who's had 2 partners, and another one who's had 80. From my experience (which is NOT limited to just my ex-fiancee, thank you very much), if I had to place a bet on which of those two people was more LIKELY to end up cheating, I choose the second one every time. Because that second one is clearly more fixated not just on sex, but sex with lots of different people. That's not an absolute, it's a matter of odds. And it's also not a moral judgment, because I don't care in the least if someone sleeps around if I'm not dating them. I simply don't want to be in a relationship with that person. If you don't agree with that logic, fine. That's your prerogative.

What's ridiculous is your dismissing my beliefs as ridiculous because you assume my views all of a sudden changed because of one bad experience. Hate to burst your bubble, but... YOU'RE WRONG. That experience DID NOT CHANGE MY BELIEFS, it only reinforced them. If it makes you feel better to believe I'm lying about that, fine. But the reality is that I've had these same views for quite some time now; certainly well before I ever met my ex-fiancee.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

HEY EVERYONE, DADAKOTA WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT HE HAD A LOT OF SEX IN COLLEGE. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT DADAKOTA WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT HE HAD A LOT OF SEX IN COLLEGE. THAT IS ALL.

P.S. DADAKOTA WOULD REALLY HATE IT IF YOU FORGOT HE HAD A LOT OF SEX IN COLLEGE.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

This is what I've been saying the entire time. I have a hard time seeing how anyone can disagree with this, but apparently they do. Guess I just have to agree to disagree with those people.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D

also that he's had chlamydia and/or syphilis and maybe even acne ;)

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

most the girls at my HS did :mad:

but seriously, the last 6 years or so, well...Chris Rock said it best...

"the market has been flooded with p***y"

15. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Yea i think we're experiencing the, talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish approach.

16. rhadamanthus

Drexler:

I responded to your original post before I saw the numerous responses.

Apologies.

RM95:

DECKARD TOO WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW HE IS OLD AND HAS LOTS OF SEX.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

No, it just means that the dude that had a few partners in 2002 went and found the <s>sluts</s> chicks from 1999 in the survey to have sex with them in 2007. :D

18. rhadamanthus

:rolleyes:

You want to compare sleeping with a few people and the holocaust, but I'm the fool?

shakes head

19. xcharged

xcharged Member

has anyone had sex today? with yourself doesn't count

20. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i had sex last night.... with a girl!

alright!!!!

[​IMG]