1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your definition of "a lot" of sexual partners?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He's not saying that. He's saying someone that has cheated in the past will more than likely cheat in the future.

And someone who has had 10 sexual partners every year for ten years is more likely to want more than one sexual partner forever after.

If I understand correctly!

2. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Anyone can kill too. I assume hes just saying, if someone killed once its more likely that theyd do it again as opposed to someone that has never done it at all.

3. Fatty FatBastard

Sorry, but you still come across as still bitterly hurt by the fact your ex cheated on you. I'm assuming you're fairly young, also. I think your attitudes will change as you get older.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

More people than I know.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

In the words of Too Short, you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

6. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Is it not possible that he just has a different mindset from you? Does there have to be a right and wrong?

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Lady_Di, hit me up with an e-mail if it does not work out with you and your guy ;)

8. Fatty FatBastard

It's all about opinions, and these are his. I'm just not liking his deeming his opinions as absolutes.

9. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Gotcha

10. famicom

famicom Member

I've been in this situation before, and it is more of a self-conscious awareness type of deal. I mean nobody wants to be with a girl/guy who's been around the block. But what's in the past is in the past. I grew out of it, and it's all about trust. If you don't trust the person you're with now or with yourself, you're gonna have long restless nights.

11. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Speaking of numbers, I tend to hear that males and females oral sex numbers dwarf vaginal sex. Is there a slut number for this also? If a girl/guy does this or has it done ____ # of times shes a slut or is it off limits?

Ill start the auction at 20 at 25yr is a slut.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I KNOW anyone can cheat. I'm only saying someone who's cheated in the past is more *likely* to cheat in future. Do you seriously disagree with that? Why do insurance rates go up when you get in an accident? Because if you do it once, it's more likely to happen again. Why do credit scores exist? Because history repeats itself. I don't see how you can deny that.
    You do understand correctly.
    Indeed.
    You say that as if I don't readily admit it. Of course I'm hurt, and I want to avoid that in future. Paying attention to history will help me do that. History repeats.

Again, had she been honest with me up front, none of what happened would have come as a surprise. Ergo, past history is relevant in relationships. Just like past history is relevant in alcoholism, credit, insurance, criminal record, job history... basically EVERYTHING IN LIFE. I don't know why sexual history should be an exception. If you've slept with 100 people or you've cheated, I don't want to date you, because you're a bad risk. Just like I don't hand a guy with 10 maxed credit cards a loan and just trust he doesn't do what he's always done. Again, maybe those people changed. Tough **** for them. I don't want to take any bad risks on, when there are plenty of people out there who AREN'T bad risks.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I completely disagree. I have had a whole lot of sexual partners in my life (disease free) and got married about a year and a half ago. I also cheated on my girlfriend in high school a couple of times.

I have no desire whatsoever to cheat on my wife and have no problems at all spending the rest of my life with one person.

The numerous sexual partners was not about insecurity, it was about having a good time with girls that were completely willing. A lot of the time it was girls I dated for a month or two and then things didn't work out.

And actually, I think that my casual attitude about sex when I was single plays a big role in the fact that I WON'T cheat on my wife...ever. I got all of that out of my system. By the time I met my wife (I was 27), I was sick of random hook ups and non-meaningful relationships. I realized that while it was fun, it was all shallow and non-fufulling. What I have now is so much better, and I would never screw it up for a random piece of ass.

I would be more worried as a female if I married/dated a guy that didn't go through that phase and had only slept with one or two women. Those are the guys that end up cheating...they never had the experience of sleeping with random women that they found attractive and they think the grass is greener. I know it isn't...for me at least

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i tend to think a cheating girl is more closely related to how you are "giving it to her" and her whorishness, albeit by a small margin :D

15. Drexlerfan22

Really? And you're not doing that? I already told you that I don't care how many women you've been with. Don't care. I'm telling you that FOR MYSELF, I would never date a person like you.

The only thing I'm being "absolute" about is that if someone historically does a thing a lot, it makes it *more likely* they will continue to do it in future. Again, do you really disagree with that?

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Well, I thought you said that a girl with a big number of sexual conquests are likely to cheat.

Yes, it is more likely they will cheat if they have cheated.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a lot of a sexual partner

18. Drexlerfan22

Then our experience differs. I find people like you seem to cheat more. If history indicates otherwise to you, fine.

And that's great that you "got it out of your system" and changed. Great. But to me, a person like you is a bad risk. I know people can change, but I don't want to be the one taking that risk. That's all it is. I'm talking about probabilities here, NOT absolutes. My own experiences tell me that people usually change less than they claim they do.

19. Fatty FatBastard

God, I hope you're a girl. This whole dating stuff you keep throwing out is getting awkward.

You were the one who stated that my cheating in high school made me much more likely to cheat even though I'm 35 now. That train of thought is ludicrous. So, yes, according to your original statement, I disagree with it, and think you are being far too judgmental to be ready for your next relationship. At this point, you're better off letting the past go.

20. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i agree with your numbers. they look very reasonable to me.