1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your definition of "a lot" of sexual partners?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Feb 6, 2008.

1. almu_caca

almu_caca Member

Also, because men are called losers for being house husbands. So, 15<=slut

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

First of all, as I and at least one other person have said already, if someone has had a ton of partners in the past, I've found that's a VERY strong indication that they're not going to be completely satisfied with just one person going forward... regardless of whether they claim, or even THINK they will be at the time. That's a damn good reason to care right there, if you're looking towards marriage, anyway.

Second, you say that caring about that number "seems to reek of insecurity." In my view, it's the people that feel the need to go out and make 100 conquests who reek of insecurity... especially when they're always talking about all the many partners they've been with. Seems to me like they're trying to prove something, like they're trying to show the world how desired they are. That sounds waaaay insecure to me, I'm sorry.
    Come on man, don't make those qualifications. Cheating is cheating is cheating, it don't matter if it was back in high school. And that adds to the whole insecurity argument... in my view, it seems like anyone who would allow themselves to cheat on someone or be the "cheatee" does it out of both lack of control and insecurity. Seems that to that person, it's more proof that they are "highly desirable."

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So long as his/her history doesn't affect your present it shouldn't matter to anyone how many partners the other has had.

I dated a girl for about a year that had a "reputation" which, in the back of my mind, I always figured to be true, but it never bothered me because I just figured it to be an accident - not insinuating anything negative there, more like a coincidence - of her history that was none of my business.

You can't or shouldn't judge people with an extensive sexual history negatively - especially if you're not willing to judge yourself the same way.

I think the roots of those feeling are in insecurity, which is obvious, and jealously. Good luck to those trying to overcome those feelings in the 21st century!

4. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I agree with RM95, if you would give a guy a high five for it..you can't call a girl a slut for the exact same thing.

To me the only real slutty behavior that men and women can engage in is the old Kantian thing of using people as a means to an end, rather than ends in themselves. If you are only using someone as a receptacle or a appendage instead of interested in sharing pleasure with them. Then you are being a slut, regardless if you are a man or a woman, if its one partner or 50.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Perssonally I think 50 would be alot for someone aged 25 or less.

I'm 23 and I think anything more than 50 is alot.. If you're 30, then 60 would be the magic number.. Just 2x when x = your age;)

In other words, you should be banging at the minimum of 2 girls a year:D

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

how many guys should a girl be bangin a year?

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I met RM95 once, what a slut.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

For girls, any number greater than their age is ALOT.

Sorry about the double standard but that's just my opinion:D

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Personally don't care how much a girl sleeps around as long as she's faithful to the one she's with. That and she does kegel exercises.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Your signature has the ratio of sexual partners I have to what my girlfriend must have.

Meaning, my girlfriend better not have slept with 10 guys because I've banged 180 sluts!! Woohoo!!! Anal too. All of 'em!

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Exactly. This is why I want to know how many times a woman I am with has had sex. It is the greatest power anyone on earth holds and it is women who hold it, as well as being able to bring a child into this world. I just want to make sure they used that power wisely and as long as they were very few to zero one night stands I can live with that(takes awhile to get over though). I know...who am I to judge whether or not they used that power wisely because I sure as hell have no idea what that is like but nonetheless it is something I would want to know because I think it speaks to their character.

I know several women who are extremely insecure and will sleep with a guy soon after they meet them(ranging from same day to weeks). I am always leery about a women's insecurities if they have slept with a lot of men(over 20) because sometimes that is why they are promiscuous because they are in the start of a relationship when the guy is only trying to get a nut.

12. Fatty FatBastard

Uh, no. Quite the opposite. Why should her encounters in the past matter? And exactly how do you extract the honest knowledge from them anyway, sage? Confidence is key in relationships, as well as trust for your partner. If you don't have those, infidelity is far more probable, regardless of how many partners there were before.

I've been here over 8 years. I believe this is the first time I've ever mentioned how many I've been with on here. But, hey, as I said, I don't care what people think of it. And I don't care how many women I sleep with. It's never been a conquest to me, at least. Hell, I rarely even chase girls much, anymore. When you meet someone, and you hit it off, I see nothing wrong with having fun with them. The largest difference is that you are OK with PG-13 groping, whereas I go the Full Monty.

I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this one. It doesn't matter if it was back in High school? Seriously? Dude, I'm twice as old now. By this rationale, I guess if you thought girls were icky at age 11 it means you're gay?

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is a joke, right?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

slutty mcslut!

anyway I agree with the whole slut sentiment expressed by you. Men are socially accepted to all be sluts, and some women are less discerning than others, which causes them to be labeled as such.

15. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

The actual number is relative to both partner's prespectives, based on this thread.

I think the real question of promiscuity is: How many is too many in one day? Me, I like a woman who can take on two, three studs a day.

16. Drexlerfan22

First, maybe this isn't true for everyone, but I don't perceive getting laid as being terribly difficult. I've been in quite a number of situations where it was clear it could've happened, but I didn't want it to. I only WANT to have sex with someone I love, who I can see myself marrying one day. And I can't see myself marrying anyone who's willing to sleep with me when they just met me 3 hours ago, because frankly, that "reeks of insecurity" on their part, to borrow Fatty's phrase.

Secondly, as I've already said, the number of someone's past sexual partners LIKELY DOES AFFECT ME IF I'M DATING THEM. In my own experience and from my friends' experiences, I can say that someone who has had many partners in the past is infinitely more likely to cheat, and infinitely more likely to leave you because another shiny object crosses their path.

I don't give two ****s if someone I'm not dating has screwed a million partners. I don't. Just don't care. Not an issue.

BUT WITH SOMEONE I'M DATING, it damn sure is my business, because I don't like getting cheated on. That's something I'd like to avoid in future, and knowing how many partners they've had seems to be a good indication of whether that's gonna happen or not. I wanna know early if they've had 80 partners in the span of 10 years, because then I'll just cut ties right there. I won't bother with them. And yeah, maybe they changed for the better... but I don't give a ****, because I'm not taking that risk... I don't wanna play with fire. I find that history repeats itself. I'm not gonna go up against a person's history and just pray that I'm soooooo special it will finally be different for them this time... because I've never seen that happen.

I'm 23 and I've had 3 partners. All of those I was in a relationship with for a minimum of 4 or 5 months. And in the case of my ex-fiancee, she was lying from the start about the number of her past sexual partners. And if you're willing to lie about that, you're probably willing to lie about other things, too. Basically, you're a dishonest person. I think she realized that had she bothered to tell me the truth from the start, I wouldn't have even dated her, let alone got engaged to her. Instead, she told me later, after I was already emotionally invested. So I stayed with her anyway. And look where it got me: she cheated on me. Surprise surprise.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94wGndbOIPk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94wGndbOIPk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

18. famicom

famicom Member

This thread just breathes of Chris Rock:

NSFW Language quotes!

Guys never asked a woman how many guys she slept with. Just be glad your ****ing her now. Why do you wanna know? No matter what she says, it's too much for you. "Two." "Two? Two? two, two I guess that's how you were raised." Women will lie, if she says 3 it means 10. You gotta give them a 7 dick curve. She won't tell you how many guys she ****ed, she will tell you how many boyfriends she had. They don't count those miscellaneous dicks she had.

Every woman gets offered Dick at least three times a day. Everytime a man's being nice to you [women], he's offering you Dick. "How ya doing, want some Dick? Can I help you, can I help you with some Dick?"

It's hard for a man to turn down sex... if they chase us we can't run that fast.

Guys, have you ever been with your lady in bed and you both talkin' dirty then you say somethin' that got you kicked out of bed. Where the woman's like "**** me! Harder, harder, harder! **** me daddy! **** me! **** me! Spank me! **** me!" "Alright, ya ho!" "Who're you callin' a ho? Who da **** are you callin' a ho? Untie me!"

19. Drexlerfan22

1. Encounters in the past matter because, as I've said several times already, if you've had a toooon of encounters before, personal history tells me that you're far more likely to want to continue to have many encounters in the future. So, it matters. Which makes getting married to the person and expecting them to stay faithful kinda hard. I was *very* trusting of my ex-fiancee, and confident about her. I only found out a lot of the truth about her after the breakup. Had I had that information beforehand, I wouldn't have been so surprised, now would I?

2. And again, I don't care how many women you sleep with, either, because I'm never gonna be dating you. And if you're not interested in a long-term relationship, I don't see why you should care either. But to someone who's looking for a marriage partner who's going to stay faithful, past history is relevant. Period. A heavy drinker is more likely to be an alcoholic in future. A person with 100 speeding tickets is more likely to speed in future. A person with 100 sexual partners is more likely to keep being promiscuous in future. Do you seriously disagree with that assessment?

3. On the cheating thing... to me, if you ever cheated, I will not trust you in a relationship. EVER. How can I trust someone who's cheated in the past? Again, someone who's cheated once is more likely to do it again, just like a guy with one DUI is more likely than your average bloke to get another one. AS YOU SAID YOURSELF, trust is key. I trust no one who has cheated. Period. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

20. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

RM95, you are my hero.

DrexlerFan22,

Not to be offensive but are you kind of biased on this because of your ex? I don't think every girl who have 10 or more will be more likely to cheat than your average girl with 1 or 2. ANYONE can cheat.