1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Tmac's wingspan??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Feb 11, 2007.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

my bad, it was bad math. adding three inches to ur wingspan would just add 1.5 inches to the length of each arm. :eek:

but it is possible to have a 7'11 or 8' foot wingspan as proven by DonkeyMagic's post.

3. playlife

playlife Member

How about Vspan's wing span...I bet it is really long.... :D

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Just watch Deke catch and shoot a turnaround or make any kind of offensive move, even if it is just stand there and lay the ball up and compare his quickness to Yao.

Deke is NOT quicker than Yao. What Deke is is a tall, gangly skinny player that has a nack for going straight up on a post up player and getting the block. And Deke also has a REPUTATION as a defensive player that allows him to get away with a whole lot more stuff defensively than Yao does. Hence, it appears that he is quicker, but he is not.

Deke is one of the slowest players in the NBA. And it is one of the primary reasons he is a good shot blocker. He rarely leaves his feet early and he is able to body up the offensive player without a foul being called. When the shooter goes up against Deke, he can't go up as high because Deke is bodying him and then Deke doesn't crouch and leap. All he has to do is stretch leap off his toes and remain vertical. Deke has a tremendous ability to stretch his height out vertically, even though he can't jump really well and he is as slow as molasses. The way to play Deke is to bump him back offensively and to go straight up. You bump him back and take it up on him as he is stepping backwards.

Yao is a very skilled defensive player and shot blocker. Yao's one weakness is his tendacy to reach instead of remaining vertical. But he doesn't reach all the time. Half of Yao's defensive foul calls are bogus and would never be called on Deke. Hopefully, Yao can continue to establish his REPUTATION defensively and get the benefit of more non-calls, especially when the offensive player just seeks him out to create contact with and get the call.

5. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

deke has faster reactions than Yao but isn't faster or quicker, its the big difference in Deke being better at shot blocking and rebounding.

6. timmy

timmy Member

there is another chinese dude taller than Yao, probably 7'9" or sth.

7. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I have that same poster. I pray to it every night.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think 7'1" is the right wingspan. I remember seeing that before, when I was trying to find his wingspan. I know its shorter than Arize, who has a 7'3" wingspan I believe

9. Rockets Dynasty

I don't know, I remember Doc Rivers being asked about his tendency to try T-Mac at PF when there were injuries in Orlando and Rivers said something very close to,

"Well he's listed at 6-8, but he's more like 6-9 1/2 and he has a ridiculous 7-4 wingspan, his reach is about the same as a typical 7 footer."

10. Omer

Omer Member

Rofl, I love how you said that...

...but then there is no excuse for you not to have seen the T-Mac vs Casiano fight video.

That's a must know for all hardcore T-Mac fans. :D