1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the Rox greatest need this offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, May 10, 2008.

?

What is the Rox greatest need this offseason

1. Replace Alston with an upgrade

41 vote(s)
    19.9%
  2. Replace Battier with an upgrade

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Get a backup center

22 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. Trade for an efficient scoring swingman to go with McGrady/Battier

113 vote(s)
    54.9%
  5. Trade for a quality veteran PG to split time with Alston

14 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Nothing, just draft best available with our pick and upgrade the bench

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Asian Sensation

This is spoken for the truth.

I'd like to see an upgrade at the 4 if we can get a package to bring in Elton Brand without giving up Yao/Mac.

2. SugarLandDream8

Alston definitely needs some help at pg.

3. noairer

noairer Member

We need a stronger and more accurate pg.

4. netlopez

netlopez Member

both of them should upgrade
    the greatest need is $

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

nba owners got tonnes of money...its almost like an endless supply...thats why the NBA has to set a salary cap lol

6. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

How come Heart wasn't one of the answers? Maxwell had it, Sura had it, Franchise has it! This teams is not far away. Sure, I'd love Artest (he's got heart - when he's not trying to pursue a record deal, but honestly we need a leader with heart.

Tracy & Yao are great, but not the emotional leaders that this team needs. After all we did win 22 in a row - for those of you that don't understand how significant this was... if I'd have bet a dollar at the beginning of the season that Houston would win 22 in a row - I'd be a millionaire right now.

Hopefuly Franchise will be back in rare form. I saw a little bit from Scola and Landry, but we need a veteran than can motivate & lead the rest of the team.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I would love to get an efficient swingman to give TMac and Battier some rest when needed. Battier isn't getting any younger and putting him on the other teams best player is going to take its toll.

Drafting a guy like CDR would be perfect, would like to add a guard with some size as well.