1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the highest contract will Dwight be offered in free agency next summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Sep 2, 2015.

?

What is the highest contract will Dwight be offered in free agency next summer?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2016.
  1. < 4 years/$80 million

29 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. 4 years/$80-$99 million

34 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. 4 years/$100-$115 million

30 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. 4 years/$116-$128 milion

19 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. 5 years/$95-$105 million

12 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 5 years/$106-$120 million

17 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. 5 years/$121-$135 million

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  8. 5 years/$136-149 million

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. 5 years/$150+ million

41 vote(s)
    19.8%
  10. He'll sign "Tim Duncan" 1-year deal at below market value

7 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

It all comes down to the best basketball situation, while obviously getting paid also... I don't see a better situation than Houston even with the rising cap as i have said earlier in the thread. If we give him big years and money we will suffer on the back end but it has to be done

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look just because some other GM might be willing to overpay a guy that may never be the same, does not mean Morey will.

DD

3. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

The concern is when Harden is up for a contract - he gets the MAX you can possibly offer. The media is all up about how Adidas is paying him more than the Rockets. Also, he likes the high life - boat parties with Kanye and the Kardashians - so he will be looking for max money.

So if you lock up Dwight with a max offer then you're kinda hampered there because you also have to think about DMo, Lawson and other pieces when the time comes. Also, a max Dwight on the decline is not a tradeable asset if he doesn't play up to expectations in his fourth year.

Hopefully Dwight takes less to stay for longer with Houston - arguably he should be on Harden's contract now and Harden should be on his. For all Harden's deficiencies, he will be the beard of our franchise.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I happen to like Dwight a lot. Probably my favourite current Rocket. I wish him all the best and I hope we have great success with him.

Those things said, I am all in for the team first and foremost. And if another team wants to max out Dwight next off season, they can go for their life. Morey will use the excess cap space very wisely.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Les will not allow Dwight to walk away. He always sticks with his stars. Look at Yao, McGrady. He will ride them until the wheels fall off.

6. alcatrazpsycho

I just don't see Morey signing Dwight to a contract that's 3-4x more expensive (if not more in the latter years of the contract) in terms of $ per production when compared to the team's franchise and league MVP caliber player.

Especially not after what Capela did in the playoffs - he had the team's second highest PER behind Harden and the team's highest normalized win-shares per 48 minutes.

I see Morey more likely snatching an undervalued big, like he did with Asik a few seasons back...

7. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Bumb for RiceDaddy7

8. KDZ

KDZ Member

are we supposed to go back 3 months to see if a similar thread was created before starting a new one?

9. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

if you frequent this site you should remember hot discussions... yes. This had over 8000 views so its considered a hot topic

10. beardsanity713

agreed

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

No. You can' create as many new threads as you please regardless of duplicate topics.

*Note*
    If you're worried about creating a thread that won't have many posts or views, just create a thread about Jeremy Lin or Tmac. 300 pages instantly. 60 percent of the time, it works every time. ;)

12. HTM

HTM Member

there is way more money than talent out there... he will get the maximum offer available

13. basketballholic

Looking more and more like considerably less than 4/80.

14. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I don't think Dwight will command $30 m per year. He needs to rehab his image around the league. If I was him, I would opt in and show the league he is willing to do what is necessary to work within the system. With that said, the Rockets don't want him. He would have to learn to get along with D'Antoni which isn't going to work.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I still say something in the range of 18/22x.

16. basketballholic

Unless something changes significantly in the market he's going to opt in to his $23 million option.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I honestly be fine with this, i think in the worst case we can trade him for a second which is still better than nothing.

I have a question though, will his new agent get some money if he opts in or he needs to sign a new contract?