1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Ricky Rubio's trade value to us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jul 26, 2016.

?

What would you be willing to trade for Rubio?

1. Trash (Brewer/KJ)

118 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. DMo(S&T) + 1 of Ariza/Bev

41 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. RUBIO SUX!! -Don't want, Make them give us 2 firsts for taking him

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. DMo(S&T) + 1 of Ariza/Bev + first

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Ariza and Bev + a first

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You actually think moving him over means moving him off the ball. Lol.

Get real dude. You are the one clueless dude on earth who thinks that after the Dantoni interview.

You can take the bedroom Rubio poster down, he's not coming to Houston to move harden off

2. basketballholic

Yes, I think "moving him over" meant moving him off the ball. Because he's already on the ball. I don't think MDA meant move him over full time. But I interpret MDA's words as meaning move him over to accomodate another playmaker. Whether it is Rubio or not....I don't know. But I wouldn't be talking about Rubio if WE had not talked to Minnesota about him. When Rubio signed his extension and we quit talking to Minnesota about him I also quit discussing him. When we started talking to Minnesota about him again, then I started talking about him again.

MDA likes ball movement. All his words have portended towards keeping James with all the touches he needs while getting a real playmaker that can distribute the basketball. I'm pretty sure we're getting a point guard upgrade. Just don't know for sure who it is. But I know we've talked to Minnesota about Rubio........again.....for like the 100th time over the last few years.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

What is your insider status worth to us? I'd say, tooth picks..

4. Mr. Clutch

Move him over meant move him to PG. That's why people were talking about #PointBeard and Eric Gordon starting literally RIGHT AFTER the interview happened.

There is simply no other interpretation. He's talking about Harden being MORE of a playmaker, not moving off the ball and being less of a playmaker.

How is Harden supposed to average 12-13 assists if he's moving off the ball and playing traditional SG?

#104 Mr. Clutch, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

President Romney adamantly agrees that Harden is moving off the ball.

6. basketballholic

Sorry, don't see it that way. Doesn't matter what people are talking about. What matters is what MDA is talking about. It's plain as the nose on my face that we lack playmaking/ball distribution and we're going to have to add somebody. Knowing that fact it should be simple to understand MDA meant moving Harden over to accommodate another playmaker....in the starting lineup.

7. Mr. Clutch

So Harden is going to move over to SG exclusively and average 12-13 assists.

That's your interpretation. Interesting. Now the whole Rubio delusion makes sense.

8. basketballholic

No that's not my interpretation. Never said anything close to that.

9. Mr. Clutch

It's literally your exact words.

10. basketballholic

LOL. No its not. Silly boy.

11. Mr. Clutch

You agree MDA said he'd like Harden to average 12-13 assists.

And you think MDA said he wants Harden to move over to SG and play off the ball.

Makes no sense.

But like I said, Dantoni just isn't up to speed on what the Rockets and Harden have been doing.

#111 Mr. Clutch, Jul 27, 2016
  12. basketballholic

No, I didn't.

YES............But NOT EXCLUSIVELY!!!!!!!!

If you can't interpret me correctly. ..............then you for sure can't interpret MDA correctly.

Makes no sense for MDA to say "move him over" in reference to moving him to the point when he has been the point for the last 3 seasons.

Do you realize how stupid this statement is? Apparently not. No logical thinking person would believe that MDA isn't up to speed on what the Rockets and Harden have been doing. Dude, that's laughable. Give it up already.

13. Mr. Clutch

Dantoni is gonna move Harden off the ball and expect him to average 12-13 assists.

That is what you think. Wow.

I will be a million dollars you never even listened to the interview and still have the Rubio poster up.

14. basketballholic

You're just upping your post count now and wasting electrons. Your interpretations are delusional. Keep posting. Or not. :grin:

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*opens thread*

[​IMG]

*closes thread*

16. Mr. Clutch

Ok if DANTONI is so smart, why do you disagree with him on Harden getting 12-13 assists?

17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Can we stop this already? Why do the rest of us have to put up with one boys stupidity?

Seriously come here to read some intelligent insight and find this.

#117 Smacktle, Jul 27, 2016
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's one thing to troll every thread with talk of your favorite non-Rocket player, but it's no longer funny when the guy ignores forum rules and starting creating his own trade proposal threads about the guy

We don't see any "who would you trade for Griffin/WB/Gay" threads do we?

As for "intelligent" talk about Rubio, go look in any thread about Harden, PG, Bev or D'Antoni and you can find this same conversation there.

19. basketballholic

I don't. If the team's primary playmaker is going to cough the ball up over 4 times a game, he'd better be throwing plenty of 12-13 assist games as well........because those are Nash type numbers. 3:1 assist/turnover ratio.

MDA asked earlier in that segment, "Can he (Harden) be the playmaker (in an MDA ball movement offense)?"

The words in parentheses were not spoken. They were implied. We're not going to be running a stand-around-and-create-space-for-Harden offense this year. That's not MDA's offense. MDA is clearly saying ball has to move a lot more than it did last year without taking touches away from Harden. Trying to find the balance-hybrid kind of thing are statements that imply going away from Harden running at the top exclusively. And then he talks about Harden's strength.......scoring the ball.

He's not worried about Harden's scoring. His focus is ball movement and playmaking. The 12-13 assist statement should have snapped you and everybody else awake. Because you know Harden can't average 12-13 assists and score 28-30 a game. So you have to listen to the interview and read between the lines. MDA wants a big time distributor in here, a guy who will move the basketball. He wants to add another primary playmaker.

20. Mr. Clutch

Lol, MDA isn't that dumb.

So MDA wanting Harden averaging 12-13 assists means were getting Rubio according to this theory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.