1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what is it with alcohol?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Nov 6, 2005.

Tags:
?

Why do you drink?

1. I drink to get drunk!

86 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. I drink because I like the taste of alcohol!

34 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

What? No one here drinks wine? I find that hard to believe.

I hate getting drunk, because I don't like feeling out of control (plus, the hangover... oy vey!). However, a little bit of alcohol does help takes the edge off.

All you people who DON'T drink: Stop thumbing your nose at those who do. You're not better than them.

All you people who DO drink: Stop thumbing your nose at those who don't. You're not cooler than them.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It's the drug of choice...that and it's legal (otherwise, mar1juana would probably overtake it if it were legal)

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I drinks pretty often just to have fun. But I get piss drunk less than 3 times a year( Which I did last night, woke up this morning in a parking lot).

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"You stay classy...sober and drunk people." - Ron Burgundy

5. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

If I drink beer, its to get drunk. Unless its MGD, which I can drink casually.

If I do go to a bar, I'll usually just drink Bloody Marys.

As far as wines go, my friends and I use to just buy the cheap beringer stuff in our first couple years out of highschool. Since then, we've moved onto all of the red wines and ports, and some classics like mumm.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

yeah, there actually should be a lot more reasons. however, i've been on the wagon since labor day and i'm finding, much to my surprise, that i don't miss it. i've been a heavy drinker for more than 20 years and NEEDED a break. as far as the "liquid courage" thing, i'm finding that it was an illusion as i have tons more confidence now that i'm sober and not hungover.

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I like to drink because it helps me unwind after a long day. I like the taste of beer. I like to get drunk sometimes. I dont see the harm in moderation, just know your limits.

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I can do steak without red wine, but I absolutely cannot do an Italian dinner without a nice Tuscan Table Red or a Pinot Grigio if I'm having chicken or fish.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought that alcohol was just for those with
    Nothing else to do
    I thought that drinking just to get drunk
    Was a waste of precious booze
    But now I know that there’s a time
    And there’s a place where I can choose
    To walk the fine line between
    Self-control and self-abuse

I wouldn't say I drink to get drunk, but that I drink to get buzzed. I basically never get drunk.

10. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

My new years resolution this year is to give up alcohol all together.