1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is, in hindsight, your worst basketball opinion ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Jan 7, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Im trying to see how this doesnt jive with what i replied. I know he didnt for 2 years paul was saying he was going to l.a. we agree i dont see what u getting wrong on my point. Its was percent im gping to the lakers...we both agree. But what im saying is that was before he knew lbj was going there too. Once he saw the switch the priority to lbj n lbj was a done deal. He backed out.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

its a fact that pg13 went back to okc before lebron's decision was made official.

everything else you're ranting about is just your own false narrative thinking that you knew all along.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again your own little false narrative.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

can someone speak on this please. Its a espn report lbj from Ramona to l.a. june 5. Paul George signs with okc june 30....so by that time he knew lbj was going to l.a. simple google facts if u dont follow the nba as much as me

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I thought Royce was going to be a star point forward lmao what a mistake. Also I loved Ben McLemore in the '13 draft.

D-rock and BamBam like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro if reports are saying lbj is going to la. They dont make of big rumors like that if it isnt try...really bro it was on espn wish i knew how to put links in posts

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

"bro"

[​IMG]

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao guess i won.

9. rhinomft

rhinomft Member

I was super high on Mo Taylor.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"So was I" teammate Steve Francis

rhinomft likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

that you're fake news? you can have that any day.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't sold on James Harden when the Rockets traded for him. I thought it was risky because he had only been a 6th man before that.....whoops.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So it was a report he was going to the laker..then turns out he went to the lakers lmao. Yea so fake it happened lmao

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're talking about the report on "june 5th" that doesn't even exist. that's the lmao part

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He was very good until the Achilles injury.

rhinomft likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought Tyreke Evans would be better than Harden. That was an old one.

A more recent one is the whole Carmelo thing, I really thought he'd be a good fit here but his defense really is unacceptable nowadays and he simply can't be played.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I thought Derek Fisher (Matt Barnes related) was the best trade ever.

18. fattz

fattz Member

I am a optimist and ever year a unknown underdog is the X factor and just what the team needs. I think we are one year away ever year and if we could just trade for or draft player xxx the wait would be over. I want to give up know commodities for draft picks and a bag of magic beans, because if we just had said G-leaguer all of our problems would go away. Know, I am glade (just like all of you) I am not the GM. If I were what a miss I would make but that is all part of fandom. Glad to share my silliness over the years some would have worked out while most would have been epic fails. Random trades truly means random to me and I am glad for responses to them. Most of them don’t deserve it though. Thanks anyway.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. SemisolidSnake

I was super on board the Dwight train. Even went down to his signing party where they unveiled that Legacy of Bigs banner he has absolutely no credibility being on (and Dikembe should HAVE been on it). That said, it was really cool to see nearly all of the guys on that banner standing next to each other in person. They are enormous.

But, yeah, I actually believed that his "working with Hakeem" was going to really make some sort of difference and he'd be this post-up inside player that would provide a good complement to Harden on the outside. I doubt there are many players at all that could actually absorb something from Hakeem and put it to use, and Dwight is about as far down as possible on that list.

D-rock and Lawlruschang like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Years ago I stopped trying to evaluate college players and how they would be in the NBA. I was horrible at it.

While he was at UT, I thought PJ Tucker was going to be the next Charles Barkley.

I was very much against firing JVG. I really liked the slow plodding games back then.

I thought GSW should have traded Klay for Love.

I bought in to Andrew Wiggins' HS hype and thought he'd be an all time great.

I thought Sam Dekker was going to be good.

I thought Damian Lillard had a low ceiling

There are plenty more.

D-rock and Lawlruschang like this.