1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What is going on with the Celtics?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Space City, Jan 12, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chats!

Vivi likes this.
  3. Mr. Space City

Kyrie choked!

RyanB likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

they are just not that good and Kyrie is the most over rated player ever. He use to just get All Star selections because of Uncle Drew

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

team definitely needs to part ways whoever that is. there's a lot of solid pieces but they just didn't fit all together.

RyanB likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not that this was ever in doubt for me personally, but Kyrie is reinforcing just how ill equipped he is to be the man on a contender.

Far bigger ego and rep than actual impact. The Cavs were trash when he was the man, and the Celtics got further without him.

Richie_Rich, Patience, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Kyrie isn't a good as he thinks he is...and the rest of the team suffers when he's throwing up westbrook like shooting numbers.

cheke64, Patience and RyanB like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Right? I'm sure if you gave Rozier all of Kyrie's minutes tonight a 6/21 shooting performance would have at least been guaranteed. The big difference is that Kyrie "knows what it takes to win":rolleyes:

Patience likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Kyrie now doesn't even hide it anymore. He gone.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durant news are not the only big news.

Giving up after one decent game, makes last year feel like a fluke.

They will make deals and trades, but Celtics must be hating themselves right now. Does not look too good.

RyanB likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Danny Ainge no doubt must be thinking "I should've traded Kyrie" at the trade deadline, I Wasted a Huge Asset.

Hakeemtheking and RyanB like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Kyrie, man what a waste with that attitude, but the team apparently behind the scenes had a lot of egos which I could see from Tatum and Brown the way they were glorified last year.

Sadboy and RyanB like this.
  14. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Kyrie likes to talk about how the Earth is flat because he loves to troll people, yet he wants to be leader of the team. He pisses off teammates by giving out media quotes that are the opposite of what a leader is supposed to say, and this is pretty much his favorite thing to do.

Richie_Rich and Sadboy like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really know if those rumors about the Spurs asking for Irving to trade Kawhi were true, but if they were Ainge made a huge mistake.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Karma for doing Isiah Thomas dirty.

17. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

It's rough for IT, but if the Celts had re-signed him to that max deal it would now be the worst contract in the league.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kyrie Irving Has Lakers On His Free Agent Board

Brian Windhorst and Jackie MacMullan separately suggested there is a possibility of Kyrie Irving signing with the Los Angeles Lakers to reunite with LeBron James.

Irving requested a trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2017 at least in part because he no longer wanted to play with James.

"As time passes here, I would have said this was impossible for many months," said Brian Windhorst. "But as time passes here and the possibility exists that Jason Kidd could be hired as the Lakers' coach, I think the possibility of Kyrie and LeBron reuniting is.. you know that door which was deadbolted has been un-deadbolted and is now cracked open.

"Definitely, no question. No question about that," replied Jackie MacMullan.

"Might even be opening more by the day. I just think it's on Kyrie's radar. It's on Kyrie's board. He has had discussions with people about playing for the Lakers. But as you said it's pretty difficult to read him.

"I asked him point-blank, Brian. I asked him this very question," said MacMullan.

"I said, 'you know what everybody's saying, Kyrie, they're saying now you're going to go back with LeBron'.

"And he looked at me and he laughed. I said 'Is that a yes or a no?'

"And he laughed again and he put his arm around me and then he left. So determine that what you may. That was three weeks ago. Three or four weeks ago. So everything is in play with him right now."

Irving has also been linked with the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets, while re-signing with the Boston Celtics remains a distinct possibility as well.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I would love to have Horford or (if healthy) Hayward on the Rockets.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Danny Ainge Believes Kyrie Irving Will Re-Sign If Celtics Trade For Anthony Davis

Danny Ainge still wants the Boston Celtics to re-sign Kyrie Irving and he believes he will be successful in doing so if they trade for Anthony Davis.

The Celtics were once considered the favorites to trade for Davis, but their asset base has become less attractive in recent months. Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown stalled in their development while a first round pick from the Sacramento Kings dropped to No. 14, and a pick from the Memphis Grizzlies has yet to convey.

Boston's season ended with a five-game series loss to the Milwaukee Bucks amid tension on the roster.

Irving is also expected to consider the New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers.