1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is D12 doing to improve his game this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - of course - how were his FTs during that time? I am not hating on the guy, I just expect MORE from the guy, like dedication to his craft, like being able to hit a FT.

And honestly, folks can apologize and lower their expectations all they want, that is what you need to do with Dwight, he is not an all time great, but he is a very solid star center.

Who is goofy and not dedicated to his craft like some of the all time greats.

It is not hating to call it like you see it - he is a very good player, who is not someone that is going to work hard to improve his weaknesses, he is what he is, that is established, and he is not going to get better.

Build around that fact, and you are fine.

Uh, yes he is a physical speciman, that is not working on your craft - get better at basketball...oh hell, we all know that is not going to happen, just accept him for what he is.

A goofball - who is a dominant physical speciman and a good but not great basketball player.

DD

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

While Harden was banging chicks left and right,

Dwight went to the comic con and also spending sometimes in the Boys and Girls Club with some kids watching movies together,

and there are idiots still hate him?

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

Harden can hit a FT and played 81 games last year - he is the best player on the team and is getting better.

THAT is the kind of dedication we expect from our star players.

DD

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Working on my craft? What? I dunk on you, son!

[​IMG]
    Sometimes all-time greats can be goofy and not be in the gym all off-season working on free throws.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm sure he's taken more free throws in his career than all the people in this thread combined. He's probably not going to get significantly better in that respects and frankly - we just need him healthy all season more so than we need him hitting free throws. He should just take it easy and rest that knee as much as possible. Big athletic guys with knee problems is not a good thing.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wait. But all we hear from Harden in the off-season is skrippers and Kardashians. Double standard?

7. DaDakota

Nope you can see the work Harden puts in by the skills displayed by him on the court.

Meanwhile, Dwight still can't hit a FT, is lousy at posting up, and needs to strengthen his quads to protect his knees.

I don't care if he has tons of vacations but his history suggests he is NOT going to get better - he has failed to address his weaknesses his entire career, he wants to be known as an all around center but is not willing to put in the work to get there.

He is what he is, an amazing athlete, that can rebound like a monster, play the PnR very well and impact a game in a very positive manner.

He is NOT an all time great, not being able to rely on him late in games, or in crucial situations means he is a wonderful 2nd fiddle to a true superstar like Harden.

Nothing wrong with that, i am saying that if you EXPECT him to be working on his weaknesses you are going to be disappointed, he has had 11 years to do that and has never done it, why do you think he would start now?

Dwight is who he is .....nothing more nothing less.

Screw it - just label me a hater - it is easier than trying to explain championship expectations and work ethos.

;)

DD

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

So, do you think Shaq is an all-time great?

If you say no...

I DUNK ON YOU, SON
    [​IMG]

9. do work son

do work son Member

how does what dwight does in the offseason impact your living? you're not paying him 22 million, are you?

players don't owe fans anything. deal with that.

bingo.

10. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

We would all love that but there is only one JJ Watt

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

A lot of players put in a lot of work without posting it on social media all the time.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'd actually be all for him practicing and working on his craft but at this point in his career and with all the injuries, we just need him healthy. His offensive game will not progress at this point...he is what he is. Let him enjoy his time and come back 100% healthy in October.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Thank you DD, I don't understand why the flame for asking a question. All we see is his outside activties and very little of what gets him paid $22 mln per season. I agee with posters, that say we need vacay time and get away from the game, yet we are also expected to improve our performance on the job each year.

So why is the expectation different for D12, shouldn't we expect him to dominate Golden State's (Draymond Green, etc...) small ball lineup (BBQ chicken as Shaq would say) and prevent them from thinking of throwing that at us.

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Shaq is an all time great and much better than Howard. Why would you even bring up Shaq. He actually had a good low post game and was much more dominant in the paint. The guy would average around 30 points a game for much of his career.

I'm the biggest Dwight fan out here but quit bringing up dumb examples.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Can you share any news material or video that Harden had been working on to improve his defense in the summer?

Thanks in advance.

16. JHL85

JHL85 Member

lame thread.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Because Shaq was goofy and couldn't hit free throws. Those were the main complaints about Dwight in the post I was responding too. Point is you can have a weakness, like bad FT % that doesn't improve, and still be very good (even great) at everything else you do well. I'm not saying Dwight is an all-time great. I'm just saying being goofy and not shooting FTs all off-season doesn't make you any less of a player. The guy obviously is not Shaq and he is not Hakeem, but missing FTs doesn't mean he's not trying to work on it. And being goofy doesn't mean he doesn't care about being better.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

At a certain point in a player's career, you need to have realistic expectations. I imagine Dwight's shot more practice FTs than anyone on the roster the last two years.

He just needs to focus on staying healthy.

19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is INCORRECT. Players have ceilings, otherwise everyone that worked hard would be able to play like Michael Jordan. I don't think you understand that Dwight, has been on record, of working very hard on his freethrows (there are pics of boards with how many he shoots a day in practice in comparison to his teamates), but especially at this stage of his career isn't going to improve if he shot 1000 freethrows a day. But as you said, we all accept who he is as a player, I don't think anyone seriously thought he would improve his shot when he got here. No big man with a poor history of freethrow% has.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Should we expect him to dominate a small ball lineup that Golden State throws at us and/or make 60% of his free throws for $22 mln per year?