1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What I'm telling myself. The thread of realistic optimism.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I'd welcome any general positive thoughts.

This is what I'm telling myself...

We've basically replaced P Bev with Chris Paul and Lou Williams with PJ Tucker. It won't be hard to replace the contributions of Dekker and Harrel.

Carmelo is basically like a mistress. It's a sexy move, but if we're gonna be honest, sticking with what we have and trying to improve upon it is less risky than modifying the entire philosophy of the team with the leagues 3rd best record. I'm cool with sticking with Bae.

Don't think for a second that R Anderson isn't going to do everything to step up his game. His basketball legacy is at stake whether he stays here or goes elsewhere.

Look at how much better Harden made players like J Smooth and Beasley. As veterans, they never played better than when they were in a Rocket uniform. Our only underachieving veteran has been Ty Lawson, but Harden made Marcus Thornton look like a world beater at times so the combination of those experiments is basically a push.

Whoever ends up filling out this roster will be under the same type of spell -- and scrutiny. Not only do we have 2 of the most talented guards in the game, we have 2 of the highest basketball IQ's. That weighs more heavily than scoring.

Carmelo or not, this team has improved over last year, and honestly our only realistic chance to dethrone the Warriors would be to add LeBron. Adding Carmelo would just improve the narrative.

So, we good either way.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am 100% with you!
    I am telling myself I am just gonna relax and enjoy basketball and particularly cp3 playing for rockets. I would of liked it perhaps even more if we just kept the same guys from last year cause I value chemistry and development within but morey acrobatics and cp3 are spectacular to watch as well

Another Brother likes this.
  3. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and ElDobleK like this.
  4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup.
    lets enjoy today. Cp3 in over there in HTown.
    The ball is gonna be in better hands. no more crazy passes or not as many means less turnovers.
    Harden will still get the ball but probably will learn to handle the ball better. I love Patrick but sometimes he didn't know what to do with the ball. He would try to run into the paint and always go in circles.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bless your heart I remember when I was still a pure ROX fan.

Team will be a great regular season team no doubt. Still not enough to beat Warriors or even the Cavs for that matter. Can't stop here. Can't waste a year hoping on development and 'better play'. Talent wins not hope.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

For ppl who use the dark theme, here's the text without any font color selected. Should be easier to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd welcome any general positive thoughts.

This is what I'm telling myself...

We've basically replaced P Bev with Chris Paul and Lou Williams with PJ Tucker. It won't be hard to replace the contributions of Dekker and Harrel.

Carmelo is basically like a mistress. It's a sexy move, but if we're gonna be honest, sticking with what we have and trying to improve upon it is less risky than modifying the entire philosophy of the team with the leagues 3rd best record. I'm cool with sticking with Bae.

Don't think for a second that R Anderson isn't going to do everything to step up his game. His basketball legacy is at stake whether he stays here or goes elsewhere.

Look at how much better Harden made players like J Smooth and Beasley. As veterans, they never played better than when they were in a Rocket uniform. Our only underachieving veteran has been Ty Lawson, but Harden made Marcus Thornton look like a world beater at times so the combination of those experiments is basically a push.

Whoever ends up filling out this roster will be under the same type of spell -- and scrutiny. Not only do we have 2 of the most talented guards in the game, we have 2 of the highest basketball IQ's. That weighs more heavily than scoring.

Carmelo or not, this team has improved over last year, and honestly our only realistic chance to dethrone the Warriors would be to add LeBron. Adding Carmelo would just improve the narrative.

So, we good either way.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

@Another Brother -- selecting font to set it to a shade of gray overrides Clutch's default color settings in Themes. Dark Theme has a grey as a background, so your font color kinda makes the text disappear.

#6 heypartner, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Ah, I'm on Grand Turk on my phone so that may be the problem. Thanks!!
    I

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I hear ya. What's sad is it appears what you're "telling myself" is Melo isn't "all that" of which you dream (ie, good enough to help us actually win it all). Maybe he isn't. So I suppose it's natural to prop up Bae, once again, and stop looking at others....until dream girls father lets you talk to her once again.

Another Brother likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There should be another brother.