1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what if rockets trade 1st round draft + newyork picks for landry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket94-95, Apr 3, 2010.

?

should rox trade all their draft picks for carl landry?

1. yes

28 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. no

200 vote(s)
    87.7%
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yo dude no need to insult people, OP was partly right, a loooooooot of people here were b****ing and complaining when the trade took place. I guess Hill really changed the situation

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I love mandry, but that's a little bit too much bro.

3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Well i hope so but i don't know..

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's that fans don't want Landry. The poster had a ridiculous trade of 3 lottery-mid 1st round draft picks for Landry. If we are going to mortgage our future like NY, we should get an all-star back.

5. BetterThanEver

I think many fans would be ok with a more agreeable trade than 3 lottery-mid first round picks. If it was Landry for Scola straight up or Ariza and a 2nd rounder. After seeing NY gutted by Isiah Thomas, nobody wants to lose 3 late lottery to mid 1st round picks in a row.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Why would the Rockets give up multiple high first round picks for a player they managed to get in the second round?

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I liked the guy, but you guys still overvalue Landry's worth. A lot.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

They should try to get Landry back in a Rockets Uniform. He would be the best to work with Yao under the basket!! :p

9. BetterThanEver

They sure do.

When the Rockets traded for a prime T-Mac from Orlando, they gave away Francis and Mobley. Would I have done that trade for a prime Landry? No way. Would I give up 3 first round picks for Landry? No way.

We love Landry as a fantastic PF, but it doesn't mean he is should get all-star level trade assets. Even the Amare trade that was on the table in February, didn't include 3 first rounders.

10. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

What if your mom was a man?

You would have never been born.

11. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Landry who? Oh. You mean that guy that plays for the kings right? Nah I'll pass. Gimme ginobli, miller or bosh.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL Landry is good talent but we got him for a low pick, why will we trade our lottery pick, the chance to swap with NY next year and their 2012 pick for him? Is he a star? Last time I checked, he was an extremely efficient scorer who was lacking on D and a poor rebounder. Solid player but not worth giving up so much for. Fail

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm not sure I would even trade Hill for Landry straight-up at this point. It would at least be a difficult decision.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

horrible idea....first, you're giving up more than what you paid for him...and the bigger issue is WE ALREADY HAVE POWER FORWARDS... why give up so much to get landry have force him to share mins with scola and hill? It's not fair to any of their respective talents and it's a complete waste of space/money/talent.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

for 3 first round picks you should get a superstar like kobe, lebron, wade.
    Someone you could support by not having a 1st round pick in 3 years.

16. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Carl Landry is better than that.

17. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

o really? i bet everyone else would disagree with your proposition. landry is WAY better than rookie jordan hill, dude was considered a BUST by the knicks after he was drafted as an 8th pick and did nothing but warm the bench in new york Hill is A BUST

18. AggieRocketsFan

I would NOT trade Hill for Landry straight up... But hey that's just my opinion.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wrong team dude. We're not the Knicks and we don't think Hill is a bust.
    He's averaging 6 pts and 5 rebs for 17 mins (or 13 pts and 10 rebs per 36 mins). Hardly what I'd call a bust performance. In fact if we didn't have Scola, Andersen and Jeffries he'd easily average a double double per game (as the prioration of his mins suggest).

20. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

This.