1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What If Colleges Used Only Test Scores to Fill Campuses?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's racist

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I watched both of your dumb videos. I saw him talking about Gershwin in Harlem and sharing TV's in housing projects, not the root causes of income/wealth inequality and the rate of single parent households since the 1800's.

I think 19th and 20th century white privilege includes not having the cops harassing and/or arresting your father without cause because he's black, not having your father threatened, beat up, and/or lynched because he's black, not having to go to separate and unequal schools because you're black, not being able to get a higher education because you're black, not being segregated because you're black, not getting a job because you're black, not being promoted at your job because you're black, not paying higher interest for home loans because you're black, not being terrorized by hate groups because you're black, not having the right to vote because you're black. Maybe you should put all that into your Sowell calculator and figure out how those things historically affected the structure of the black family. Then come back and talk to me about how welfare caused the break up of the black family starting in the 1800's. Do you know what the accumulation of tangible white privilege has led to?

This.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're really an awful poster. Instead of watching 5 minute YouTube videos to form the thesis for ignorant posts maybe take a bit more time to study the topic and gain a more full understanding.

#82 CometsWin, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol yup.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Check your privilege junior. How would you know you’re not being promoted because of the color of your skin when you’re not promotable because of your lack of intelligence and the fact that you suck at your job.

Stop your whining, learn a trade and maybe you will be successful. Until then you will always be one missed welfare check away from homelessness. Instead of listening to my advice, I’m quite certain you will continue to be a failure.

And By the way, stats don’t supply the answer they supply the question. Actual real research has to be done to understand the why.

5. CometsWin

I'd really prefer you just call me your preferred racial slur than waste my time reading all that dumb garbage. You'll get points for brevity at least.

It's my privilege to educate angry dopey race warriors like yourself who rage on the internets with their youtube videos and stupid slogans.

We KNOW the ANSWER! It was the welfare! And the libs! The KKK libs, not the classical 19th century libs of course. :rolleyes:

#85 CometsWin, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. crash5179

Except you can not find a single racist post from me.

Typical left wing radical tactic. Don’t have decent answers and can’t square your own moral corruption, pull out the race card and scream racist.

Don’t you find it ironic that you accuse me of being a race warriors when it’s you that decided to call racist when absolutely zero evidence of racism exists from me.

But thanks for playing.

cml750 likes this.
  7. CometsWin

Oh Christ. You've gone into full meltdown mode because you have nothing but 60 year old anecdotal Thomas Sowell stories to represent your ignorant opinion in this thread. You've repeatedly railed on about how the Democratic Party created the Klan ergo Democrats are racist which is of course something only dopey angry race warriors promote on the internets as some explanation to modern race problems in America. Then you went with the whole false equivalence of equating Nazis and the Klan with Antifa. As if a hundred years of murder, rape, and terrorism are on par with teenagers beating up Nazis and breaking windows. Then here you are exposed without any data to back up your claim you start in on me personally with your dog whistles about my skin color, my intelligence, and of course my welfare checks.

Highly original BTW, I never see your dumb arguments laid out by angry white genociders on the internets. You're a paragon of 19th century enlightenment. I look forward to your next vapid YouTube video that will tell the REAL story about race in America. Maybe mix in a little Ayn Rand there next time and more slogans, you know, bootstrapping, guaranteed outcomes, maybe give me some voucher data. Try harder.

London'sBurning likes this.
  8. crash5179

And you still haven’t found a single racist post by me while you continue to cry racism. Good Luck with your victim hood you will need it.

cml750 likes this.
  9. CometsWin

Yeah, I just illustrated them. Read them again.

Victimhood, good one.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good Lord. When we have to use log plots to demonstrate wealth gaps... :(

11. crash5179

You either lack the ability to read or you do not know what racism is. Blaming your intelligence and lack of job skills as the reason you are not promotable is not racism. It lacks a key component in that argument. Care to guess what the key component is? Race.

Like I said in my earlier post, you’re just not very intelligent, which is why you think someone calling you stupid is the same thing as racism.

cml750 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly, I've had debates on the impact of history and race on today's context many times with many posters so I don't recall specifics. Have you ever denied that 400 years of history of systemic racism has force funneled certain races, mainly African Americans more likely being born into poverty? I think anyone who purposefully ignores this context and assumes that the concept of cause and effect doesn't work for this specific case is probably racist.

If you believe that food stamps are the reason for some modern black communities living in poor ghettos and not the 400 years of systemic racism, you are a racist.

#92 fchowd0311, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The problem with this logic is that its not just money that the district gets and spends. HISD spends more money per student than Houston suburban districts such as Cy Fair, Klein, Conroe (which includes the Woodlands) for terrible results. Throwing more money at it doesn't help that much.

14. CometsWin

Maybe you should read it again dopey.

Like I said in my earlier post, unable to present any data or actual facts you've resorted to dumb.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Thomas Sowell is always dragged out by conservatives to justify their views on race. In fact it is really the only reason he has any real relevance.

Concerning black family units.... drugs (heroin) in the 60-70’s in the larger cities, coupled with the crack epidemic in the 80-90’s played a massive part in breaking up families. That doesn’t even take into account the number of black men that have criminal records at a young age from mar1juana possession.

There are a number of other contributing factors as it is a multi tiered problem.... to blame “welfare” is ignorant.

Only 13 million black people are on Medicaid in the USA, out of about 44 million black people in the country. That number is still too big, but it isn’t close to the majority.

16. CometsWin

I think that's not only too small a sample size, but also I don't think it addresses a cascade of effects where poorer school districts have to spend money on things that richer districts don't. If I don't have health insurance how do I get help for my child with undiagnosed learning disabilities? Not a problem for the wealthy. ESL? Most of these wealthy districts are too expensive for masses of latino students that require ESL to even be living in. I'm fairly certain the level of volunteerism and donations in richer districts far exceed those of poorer districts as well. Poorer districts probably have much older buildings which require many more expensive repairs than new facilities.

I don't have children, thankfully, but I'd imagine there are so many challenges that exist today that it's just a lot more complicated problem than counting per student spending. I mean take the top 10 per in per capita districts and compare them with the achievement in the bottom 10 per capita districts. If the money doesn't matter, they should be pretty close.

#96 CometsWin, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

All the more reason to build the wall and get tough on Mexico.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

@Os Trigonum was shocked and chagrined when I stated that Sowell was nothing more than a right wing pundit who has contributed absolutely nothing to the field of economics. His only claim to prominence was being a black man with an advanced degree saying that "black people are lazy because of welfare" which gives raging boners to white conservatives.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are getting lower test scores, but being admitted because of your race, THAT IS racism.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on the criteria for admittence. Athletes get scholarships despite not having the top test scores. Are you against collegiate sports?