1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What has happened to Omer Asik recently?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lastreg, Jan 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The one sentence I have heard most in McHale's interviews is "I don't know."

Maybe he really mean it.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

We need a big man who can "run" if Les continue to emphasize we are a running team.

The Gasol brothers, Z-Bo, Love, Pekovic and maybe even Howard have proven to be unfit. Maybe we can also rule out Tyson Chandler and Duncan.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The is why some one in this forum said the Rockets would probably do just as well or as badly with no coach.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agree.

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Before that happens McHale needs to bring some help from the bench ASAP. He needs to find a way to feel comfortable putting Smith and DMo out there more. And bring up Anderson and Beverly for different situations but same purpose.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

We need to do what D'Antoni did--put Sacre out in a televized game even if he's still a rookie.

7. SirKen

SirKen Member

I think Asik is having problems but I also think he is being dragged down by the lack of hustle from his teammates. If we actually mark our man and box out, he would have an easier time collecting those rebounds. In the last few games, there were plays in which he had to fight against 3 offensive rebounders to get the ball. He needs help.

8. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I think that is why we cant see him on the floor in the forth quarter. He is worse than Howard now.

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

He is struggling at the line for unknown reason. I believe he's 1/10 for the last two games. That's uncalled for...he's usually okay at the line....he was terrible starting the season at the line. When people say Hack O sik...i usually laugh because i knew he's money at the line. But now, i don't know what to think...

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He shot good today and I can tell you exactly why. It wasn't all in his mind like Bill and Bull said, Bull is supposed to have knowledge of shooting skills and he says something stupid like that.

If you go back and watch him shoot free throws at Boston then look at the free throws he shot at Philly you can see he changed his form.
    His problem was that he was bringing his forearm back to where it was at a 90 degree angle to his upper arm. This is just to much movement for a 15 foot shot when your as big and strong as him, if you were 12 years old that would be fine but it's not a good idea for strong 7 ft players, the more movement the more room for error. At Philly he came back to maybe 45 degrees and he shot great. There is a proper way to shoot a way that is most effective and when you shoot that way you always have a better chance of making the shot.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What I'm wondering is where his lateral quickness has gone, if you saw the video of him defending Dwight in Chicago, that was some of the best footwork and defense on a big man I've ever seen. Where did it go? Also how can his condition be so bad, he's tired after 3 minutes of running and seems to keep going on pure adrenaline and will power.

12. w00t

w00t Member

Asik is just missing his euro buddy playing next to him... ;)

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

Don't worry, they have been working with both Asik and Smith on grabbing rebounds from the bench.