1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What has Dwight done to be this hated by everybody?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kidhoward12, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

"For whatever reason"? It is quite obvious. You can't run a pick and roll/pop with a player who has zero jumpshot to speak of. Beyond a few alley oops here and there, there's not a whole lot you can run with Harden/Howard.

On the other hand, T-Mac/Yao's pick and roll worked extremely well because of Yao's excellent offensive skill set for a center, which includes a jump shot.

1 person likes this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Until Dwight wins a Chip(window is rapidly closing) his progression from "loved--->annoyed--->hated--->indifferent/insignificant" will continue.

He just has to go win a title...

Kobe Bryant was loved by everyone...then...Shaq left..and people ripped him. Then his rape allegations...Kobe was hated by a ton of folks. Then he found a way to win 2 more titles and now he has a farewell tour where people just adore him. People love champions...and winning cures all ills and keeps the haters muted.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, this is really all you need. You may be too young to have lived through that; the sports media ate Dwight alive as a coach killer and an immature prima donna, and it's never let up since then. There was a big expose on his behavior in one of the mags at the time, including his consumption of candy and his enjoyment of flatulence (which, I admit, I thought was pretty awesome), so people were off to the races with him being unprofessional.

Never understood where "lazy" comes into it. To me, and I disagree with people like DaDakota, he's one of our better effort guys, when his body allows.

4. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

It's most likely because he's a clown.
    That idiotic dancing he used to (still?) do, Stan van gundy thing where everyone saw what a two-faced, lying imbecile he really is, pumping out fetuses with different skanks and many others that I won't get into because I'm tired of typing.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not have to like KB's persona, just respect his game. Even he had his flaws. And he nearly got himself traded out of town before the Gasol sweep.

That said the Kobe this year or last year has matured a lot.

Walking away from the game is never easy for someone as competitive as he is but he made that step

If he can help younger players to emerge, I could completely forget about any rape charges or his former arrogance and chucker instincts as a player.

6. amaru

amaru Member

It's all about getting people to tune in so that they can sell their ad time to advertising companies. Humans, by nature, are primed to look for the negative over the positive. Negative news and "villains" are always more popular than positive news and "good guys". Dwight just happens to be an easy target

7. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Seen it all man. Saw him go from a hero and loved to trashed and a villain. All for moving teams. He played hurt, got no credit. Etc etc. It's just sad. The days where you could say his name and people are like "yeah he's great". Instead it's just hate. No one outside of houston and a lot in Houston like howard. He's still a great person and has amazing character that is rare. It'll all pay off for him in the end.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He isn't even relevant enough to be a major villain.

I like him and wished he could do more on Offense but he just isn't that good or he was never a Top 15 all time great even in his prime.

He had the tools, it never worked on Offense. He can still take you to the ECF or WCF. that is all

People are seeing him as a laughingstock, goofball, clown, injury riddled guy.

People will continue to make fun of him.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think he's afraid of not being liked and goes out of his way to do things to be liked. However, we as fans of the Rockets would like to see him improve his on court game. How could you not improve your low post scoring with Hakeem and McHale as your teachers. This is what disappoints you the most, we score 30% of the time we throw the ball into you at the post. You then have the audacity to be upset because you want to play inside out. Stop it, Draymond Green was giving you fits as a defender.

The baby daddy situation speaks for itself.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agreed. That is irresponsible in the extreme and speaks to character, at the end of the day. Wrap it up, dude.

Otherwise, I am in his corner for his basketball and goofy smile.

11. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

You're very ignorant

12. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

He has like 2 or 3 kids. Not the 9 the media likes to say.

13. rocketsmetalspd

I tell you what Dwight has not done: Improve his FTs, developed a consistent post up game, and have serious attitude during games. Outside out the game he can be the clown he wants to be.

14. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Is he supposed to just magically get good at free throws? You don't think he has worked on them? You think he hasn't shot thousands? In LA, he shot like 80% on over a thousand fts. Post game has gotten better this year. And his personality is different. He isn't not serious. He just lets frustration out different

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think it's the fact that he's a crybaby b!tch box score stat stuffer who can't make free throws.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We don't get down like that in Clutchfans, you will soon be banned for such remarks without facts to support. You can be a D12 supporter without hurling insults at people who think he has improvement opportunities.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I like him.

Everytime he's been in the playoffs here he has delivered.

I believe he'll deliver again come playoff time. Which is probably what Morey is afraid of because that would up his price.

18. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Your remarks towards his kids and baby mommas is very ignorant

19. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Probably the farthest thing from box score stat stuffer