1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What has been Morey's biggest mistakes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SugarLandDream8, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who thinks Morey can do no wrong? Examples?

If you think that an example of a BIG error in the NBA is signing David Andersen to a $2.5 million/year deal, you are either ignorant (ever heard of Charlie Villanueva?) or a drama queen.

2. poing

poing Member

Learn to read the chart. I used "as starting numbers" which don't include his first game, and the TO numbers are correct. I just write some shady numbers they come straight off the site. Check each individual one if you wish, but regardless of whether or not you add the 24th Nets game there is absolutely no argument that Dragic's starting stats are BETTER than Lin's breakout stats.

I totally agree that Daryl Morey has made mistakes. I also think every GM in the NBA and every other sport also makes mistakes. Jeremy Lin was not one of those mistakes.

3. SugarLandDream8

So 4.7 is the same as 4.8?

You just use what the link said? Again as I said I didn't check every number you seem to be shady to make up numbers to make a point

Lin's stats the last 24 games where he basically was the starter are what I wrote earlier and he would be among the leaders in the NBA in all categories. Only reason he isn't is because he played a bunch of games getting garbage time playing 5-10 minutes before the NJ game which brings down his stats.

Also 24 games is a lot and a decent sample size especially in this shorten season where many players have been hurt because of the condense schedule.

4. SugarLandDream8

And there is no "argument" when Lin scores mores, gets more steals, has more blks, has more rebounds, in more games etc...

5. poing

poing Member

[​IMG]

24 games is not a lot. You must be one of those people who watch five games a season and call yourself a basketball fan.

And despite all the garbage you've managed to spew it doesn't change the fact that:

1. Dragic's stats since starting have been a better "break out" than Jeremy Lin's.
    2. Daryl Morey has undoubtedly made mistakes in his life, and in his career. The waiving of Mr. Jeremy Lin is not one of these mistakes.

6. SugarLandDream8

Now we have to go to 22 games instead of the 23 in the link you provided so we take off 2 games just so you can cook up stats lmao

Using your own link it shows a different number

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Looks like a drama queen.

8. SugarLandDream8

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4299/jeremy-lin

This is the link you posted. The TO numbers are different than what you wrote.

As I said my stats are correct to the exact decimal place. You seem to like to cook the books which is not cool.

I agree with a lot of the Rockets fans that Morey is probably a good GM and my examples of his errors are not that big of a deal but I didn't have to resort to lying about stats.

Man that's weak bro

9. poing

poing Member

Yeah, I'm obviously cooking up stats that are remarkably close to the exact stats ESPN posts on their website.

It couldn't be the more logical explanation that maybe they UPDATED their games played by 1. But no, I obviously went to all that effort in an amazingly short amount of time to doctor that entire image from top to bottom to not include his game from last night. You're absolutely correct.

You moron.

10. SugarLandDream8

So you mysterically made a mistake about his FG% and if it was a careless mistake like .451 and you wrote .415 or something but just pulled out a number out of the thin air then your TO numbers are wrong and when you posted it it had already been updates.

Again you seem to like to cook the books to make a point. No cool. I could be wrong about my opinions. Anyone can be wrong we can discuss and change each other's opinions but to fricking make up stats is not cool. It's a low characater play.

That's all. Good day

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Great. Another Jeremy Lin argument.:rolleyes:

12. poing

poing Member

The .415 wasn't mysterious. I wrote .418, and it was a mistake because it was Lowry's number. When I posted it it had obviously not updated as I posted originally at 3:30cst, and by now it's 4:30cst.

Obviously you're avoiding the point, the logical explanation, and the entire argument because you're absolutely wrong.

Waiving Lin was not a mistake. Lin's breakout numbers are not superior to Dragic's "breakout".

13. SugarLandDream8

Again you cooked the books. You were caught doing it. Denying it is even weaker than making up stats. My numbers are correct to the exact decimal place and if you think cutting a PG who can avg 19.21 ppg/7.96APG/3.88 RPG/2.08STLPG while making under 800,000 is not a mistake then that is an OPINION. Mine is different as well as many others

14. SugarLandDream8

And I don't mind being wrong. If my opinion is wrong and my fellow fans show me that my opinion is wrong then I gladly own up to it. Not a big deal. That's why I like clutch. No big deal. But making up stats is a different matter and trying to claim OPIONION is FACT is ignorant like CLEARLY Dragic's starting stats are better than Lin when in many categories Lin's numbers are superior including scoring, stls...

15. poing

poing Member

This cooked book argument is getting old. It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that it's not only impossible but illogical for me to have doctored that screenshot in the amount of time available. Why would I bother cooking numbers when the ACTUAL numbers which are REMARKABLY CLOSE to my previously un-updated ESPN numbers prove the exact same argument I was making with the exact same two players?

And no, it's not an opinion. It's a fact. If you're offered two doors and behind one of which lies a prize and you lose for picking door 1 despite being told it's a 75% winner vs door 2's 25%, you didn't make a mistake. You still made the right choice.

16. SugarLandDream8

I checked just 2 of your stats and they were both wrong. The FG % was ridicoulous.

And your argument that Dragic has better stats is a joke too when Lin beats him in so many categories doing it in 24 games to Dragic's 9. At the same time no one takes Dragic seriously while every PG in the NBA gets up to stop Lin since game 4 of his rise yet Lin still delivers being on national tv all the time and having a bulls eye on his back.

That's what MJ use to say he did it when people game planned against him yet couldn't do anything about it. Every single NBA PG wants to show up Lin for 20 games now yet he still delivers the stats I posted.

17. SugarLandDream8

And if you want to compare Dragic's 9 game start to Lin's first 9 games start it's not even close. Lin was breaking NBA records for best 9 games start in NBA history. The NYK was 8-1 record without Melo, Amare, Davis and half the Knicks roster. So again let's not get carried away saying Dragic has played better than Lin as a starting NBA PG.

18. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I hope Morey stays here as long as Les because he has done more that I could of imagined. Signing Brent Barry, Steve Francis and Bobby Jackson, players just cashing their last paychecks. If we let loose Lin because of Flynn, that is a major failure, but I know that is not the case why he was released. Lin>Dragic, or Lowry, but I have to say Dragic is closing fast on Lin.