1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What has been Morey's biggest mistakes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SugarLandDream8, Mar 22, 2012.

1. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

I find it funny as I was reading about the JLin comments.
    IMO waiving Lin was NOT a mistake. We were already stacked at the PG position and only adding him would give us 4 PGs. Anyways, there was no way that we knew JLin had the potential to become what he is now. We would've never played him or would've given him limited minutes to show what he had.
    Regarding "Morey" and his mistakes i think he has made some crucial ones as a Rockets GM. But on the other hand he has also made some stellar moves for our franchise.

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I wouldnt call it b****ing. More frustration watching Morey followers keep making excuses for him like they work for his PR team (some of you probably do). It's also frustrating watching other young teams making significant moves at the trade deadline (Milwaukee) while we're trading players who were never supposed to be here in the first place (Thabeet, Flynn etc...)

It's funny, IMO you're the biggest Morey troll on here. My main gripe with Morey is he's not very good at making key basketball decisions. 95% of his moves are driven by stats or cost friendly lateral moves. Getting rid of Adelman wasnt a basketball decision. Keeping Yao two years too long wasnt a basketball decision. Signing Ariza wasnt a basketball decision either..

3. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't think he has had many but im gonna say trading Batum. And that wasn't even a big one...

5. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Smart business moves? Just because a GM effectively micro-manages his payroll doesn't mean he's a good basketball GM. Everybody on here applauded Morey for trading Battier to Memphis for Thabeet last year. Well, turns out Thabeet contributed absolutely nothing to our team so we basically traded Battier for nothing. Ofcourse you guys will spin it like you always do, but thats just a bad move in terms basketball wise.

A great GM can make good business decisions AND great basketball decisions. Morey's lack of basketball IQ prevents him from being an elite GM. He's grossly overrated on this site

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It's really mind bottling to see members still think that the Battier trade was about Thabeet.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

"I don't care if the facts say otherwise".

9. mazinger

mazinger Member

Thabeet turned into Camby so yes, it was a good move. We were not signing Battier at the end of the year anyways. At least we got a look at Thabeet to see if he would work out under a different coach. It was worth a shot.

10. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

The bolded part just affirms how little you know about basketball and the league in general. It also affirms that you talk nonsense without even having knowledge on the subject.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Did Morey hire Clyde?

12. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Well said. That's the impression I get too. All the assets in the world aren't going to do you any good if you're not willing to part with them when the time comes to make a significant deal.

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

That's a fair opinion. But if the best move for Battier was too see Thabeet rot at the end of the bench then thats a bad basketball decision. All the extra insults is you changing subject off Morey.