1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happens with Hasheem Thabeet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Jan 6, 2012.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's not really surprising, looks like Blake Griffin sucked all the talent out of that draft pool. The only draft I find comparable is Yao Ming's draft, where the only good ones were Amare and Yao LOL.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Paraphrase, when they decide to tank, they'll play him to ensure plenty of losses.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

the chance he WAS a hidden gem is 0.000000000000000000......%. sorry i haven't figured out where i should put a non zero digit.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He needs to drop dat ass!!

5. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

it saddens me how the rockets manage their unproven players and rookies. With Hakeem on the bench, it was really mind puzzling that they would spend money on Dalembert, who is just an older clone of Thabeet, albeit shorter.

Also, sending Morris to the D-League might fuq that kid up especially his confidence, considering the fact that his brother is tearing it up currently and is even in early consideration for ROY.

All NBA players have skills, and the majority of them as long as they get the right number of touches in games can drop 20+ plus points any given night. But most can't, either due to lack of touches or lack of confidence, or both.

And i have watched the Rockets brass and owners shoot themselves in the balls over the year by reducing the confidence of potential good potential with terrible decisions.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

That took him what 6yrs??? 6yrs of playing not rotten on the bench..

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you watch the NBA then (probably not)? You should at least check your stats first before making comparisons.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bradlsh01.html

Season Age Tm Lg G GS
    1993-94 21 PHI NBA 49 45
    1994-95 22 PHI NBA 82 59
    1995-96 23 TOT NBA 79 68
    1996-97 24 TOT NBA 73 70

Bradley started 242 games in his first 4 seasons.

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I acknowledge my ignorance on this. I've never played much organized bball - none with coaching or anything - even though I've watched a lot over the years. Can someone educate me on the bare minimum a person needs to be able to do to get minutes if they are already 7'2 and athletic? What is so complex that Thabeet has to learn? Am I oversimplifying, or doesn't he just need to block shots and grab offensive rebounds? I don't get it. Just block shots and get offensive rebounds. What else is there that makes him such a big liablility? Defensive rotations?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He isn't being aggressive enough when going for rebounds. I recall hearing his teammates screaming his name during the game when he doesn't go for rebounds.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Inner motor, confidence issues. His conditioning is a little bad for someone who's not a slob. And he's not that coordinated along with it. People miscalculated some of his tools and talents. And its probably THABEET who is as badly affected by that as anything.

It doesnt matter what WE think of him, if Thabeet doesnt want to go out there and be A FORCE utilizing advantages that makes HIMSELF effective, none of it matters.

Maybe the pressure of being a #2 has gotten to him. Maybe he doesn't like being a 7ft-2 big target in the world. Maybe he's more immersed in taking photos of nature and doing humanitarian things than being a fierce athletic competitor.

Yeah I think there's a little softness inside the big beastly body. Compare Thabeet's demeanor to Dikembe Mutombo who actively ASSERTS himself like a boss, thats the biggest difference I think.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Thabeet did not start to play basketball till he was 15. He made steady improvement after he enrolled in UConn and probably only then started to get some real coaching. He was National Defensive Player of the year and was named to 2nd Team All-America.

He should be starting over Jordan who was a PF in Arizona. Did Houston give up on Thabeet? It makes no sense to waste Thabeet's potential, if any, by sitting him on the bench.

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

My point exactly he started!!!! Does thabeet start????

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. And he doesn't even get garbage time.

That's the point.

He sucks and he's way worse than Bradley.

14. lalala902102001

He's a bust. Admit it and move on.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

A)Thabeet doesn't have any potential in the NBA.

b)Houston is not the only team to not give him minutes.

C)If Thabeet has so much potential wasted in Houston than other teams would try to trade for him which I'm guessing is not the case.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We should give him big minutes for a few games to determine how much he sucks. Hill doesn't deserve any minutes right now at the 5 and Dalembert surely won't develop as a player.
    Completely giving up on a 7'3 athletic #2 pick that barely had playing time just doesn't seem right to me.

17. rumelian

rumelian Member

he gotta get som min. , thats what he need.

18. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member