1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happens when we don't need laborers anymore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, May 27, 2016.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Step one... let in masses cheap laborers in with fifth grade educations to stress the system
    Step two.... implement UBI and give it to anyone and screw the economy into hyper inflation
    Step three... implement communism by getting the have nots who are already angry, angrier, and point a finger at the haves and kill them and take their stuff.
    Шаг четвертый ... Прибыль. Товарищ.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Communism: lying in wait since 1991. Stay vigilant, brother.

dachuda86 and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yep, and all these horses and carriages make my morning commute hell.

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Just reallocate capital to shipping, advertising, telecommunications and consumer credit; these already stimulate consumer demand and administrative and service jobs will follow.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

No worries, president Trump will save us all, MAGA.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The upcoming job issue is a serious problem and I'm shocked to see so many people dismiss it.

Nothing gives me more immediate anxiety. I make a good living but am unfortunately in a field that I feel could disappear. I don't see a clear transition path for myself but it is something I think about constantly. How do I move to a new field to make a good wage to support my family? What will the future for my two kids be? I do have serious concerns about that on a global level.

TheFreak, arkoe and ryan_98 like this.
  8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Ah the good ol' immigrants are taking Muh' jerbs.

I'm sure they're lining up to pick strawberries and bus tables.

Blame everyone else but their own inability to adapt with the times and learn new skills.

Trumpets love handouts and government assistance in the form of tariffs and government subsidies more than anyone else. Not to mention they're the biggest welfare queens period.

They should learn a thing or two from these immigrants who bust their ass, willing to cross the continent for a better future for themselves and their families.

They want to stay in their little coal towns and decaying manufacturing centers. Entitled sons of b****es.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I won't tell you to learn to code... but maybe your kids should. It is a terrifying thing really. Is there a good out for the common man?

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That's nice but you're talking about a straw man that you got off a south park episode. Real high brow stuff there. I have more nuanced views than that. I was trying to have a laugh at a real problem.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Probably not. Unless that was sarcasm, then I agree.

12. justtxyank

Of course I'll have them in that field, but a good point that's made my Yang is that 92% of all jobs are outside of STEM fields (higher percentage if you limit to "coding").

The idea that you can transition even half of that 92% into that 8% is ridiculous.

13. krnxsnoopy

Ah the good ol' strawman Learn How to Code meme, straight from /r/The_Donald

Is that the Trumpets go-to rebuttal for suggesting they better themselves? Crying about how coding is so hard?

With that attitude, you must be a lazy son of a b****. "I can't code so I'll just do nothing." LOL

Coding isn't that hard by the way. Have you tried? I suppose sitting on your ass hoping the 1950s comes back is a better option.

14. justtxyank

Geez that's a hostile response to a non-hostile comment.

Os Trigonum and dachuda86 like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow aggressive much? I threw it out as a joke. Learn to take one. I even made it clear that I wasn't telling him to learn to code because that would be a dick move. Anyway, I don't know how to do a lot of code. I did some web design, so I imagine I could handle it if I needed to learn to code. However, not everyone is able to do such a task and it's rude to actually say that to someone for real. Thus the joke and not telling him to code? People really go off before stopping and asking... what did I just read?

justtxyank likes this.
  16. krnxsnoopy

Snowflake much? Why so sensitive?

If you're going to troll, learn to take some trolling yourself.

I swear Trumpets are the biggest snowflakes. LOL

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Your post wasn't trolling... but you're trying to act like it was... but OK troll away bro.

18. justtxyank

19. krnxsnoopy

Crying.gif

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's all good man. Troll or no troll.