1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened? We miss Ariza, Mbah a Moute, and yes -- Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

That 2016 summer was nonsense. Lots of decent players were paid super star money, Ryno, even for being a one dimensional player is worth 8 to 10 mil if he can get his confidence back...

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The correct title should be we are missing depth, wing defenders and a decoy at the perimeter.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think it's pretty clear he was mishandled as a player and person. Some guys struggle with things off the court and you can either be cognizant of that or you can ignore it and let it consume them. IMO either someone in the organization had choice words for him that he couldn't ever shake or when his mental health was fading nobody stepped in for him. Either way, we are missing Ryan Anderson's shooting this year and it's pretty obvious.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If he was making 8 a year instead of 18, this wouldn't have been a problem. But he was making 18, so people felt the need to dog curse him every time he went 3/8 from 3. You know how much of a godsend an above average 3 point shooting forward would be for this team right now? Holy geez.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Say what you will about Ryno but in the regular season away games, he was a beast. I always hated on him during the playoffs but always admitted he was helpful in regular season away games where defense isn't as tight.

He's sucking on the Suns because no one on that team plays defense so you can't hide him like we did on last year's Rockets.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No but it strongly suggests the their absence is related to our woes this season. What else explains it?

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA cant use the right players the right way.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol not true at all.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson is broken, he's shooting 30/20 right now. Clark has a higher TS% right now, for example.

10. hakeemthagreat

The issue wasn't his play, but he played so bad he became unplayable?

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

really fun to surf the old Ryan Anderson threads . . . and there's a lot of them

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I like the idea of Anderson in a very limited... limited role. There will be games when he's on. When he is off sit him back down on the bench. Simple.

ak99999 likes this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I agree on Road games when we need the floor spaced where the beard and brodie can carve defenses up at will. we can put answer at the top pick n roll or in a corner

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've never thought about that. If Ryno works out and makes the squad, his ability to shoot from 40 feet or whatever.. is spacing Westbrook has never seen. I can't imagine what that would do for his game.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I'm treating this like the Melo signing that alot of you were against. Ryan is washed up

J.R. likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Possibly.

But, unlike Melo, Ryno won't come in here thinking he's a star and deserving of a starting spot.

He's basically signing for the opportunity to fight for a spot on the roster as it is.

Patience and YOLO like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

im glad you're opposed to it. that generally means he'll be a solid contributor this year. that goes with all the bad posters like you on this board. the opposite of whatever you think happens

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo stan really going out on a limb there by calling Ryno washed

and I’d still rather have Ryno than scrub Melo...at least u can park his ass on the bench, have him rack up DNPs, etc, and there will be no issue

there will be no question about what role he’s playing

Patience and YOLO like this.