1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to the T-Wolves?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gil, Dec 21, 2013.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

They should be embarrassed they have the same record as the Lakers.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've watched two games of theirs. At Houston, where the Rockets won because the T-Wolves refused to play defense. I kept thinking at some point they would D-up, attack the ball for a minute or two and go on a game-changing run. Never happened. The other was the recent Lakers game where I assumed the same, exact thing.

IMO, Love is a monster who is stuck in a bad situation and is not responsible for it. He's not a leader who inspires (or intimidates) teammates into playing harder. He's like Harden in that he goes out there and delivers the goods. Put him on a better team with a great perimeter player and good things will happen. Rubio's lack of development is the real problem. He's flatlined.

They need to jettison Adelman (who will probably retire anyway) and move in a new direction, maybe without Love. Get a ransom for him and start from scratch.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Non the Destroyer (you know, another euro guy) is the last person I'd accuse of being soft. Their team is just a mismatch of talents and a poor bench, Pek and Love are an especially bad front court combination, the only defense Love is good at is team defense, his man defense suffers from poor lateral quickness, he absolutely needs an anchor to cover up for him, whereas Pek has decent man fundamentals but is no anchor, he needs an athletic shot blocking power forward to cover up for him. Love would be great alongside a Dwight or Drummond, whereas Pek would be great alongside an Ibaka or Unibrow type.

#63 Aleron, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

I figure Eruo players couver ALL of europe, and Asian cover ALL of Asia. It was a guide to light skinned players not a guide to white player............... and it was a joke..... just saying!

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I understood it was a joke. But lin was born in the us. So he is not asian according to your list. So i wanted make sure your list/joke was correct :)

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I've watched a lot of Wolves games, and I'd say the main culprit is their horrid bench, then Rubio, and then their defense. They're sort of like Portland last year in that their five players will do well, and then their bench just gives the game away.

Blaming Love is ridiculous. He's the only thing which keeps the Wolves in games half the time.

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Very well said. I watch a lot of wolves games (my second favorite team). Love and pekovic are players that i love. But they are not a match on defence. Their bench is also terrible. Adelman is also not the right coach for this team. He uses pekovic wrongly, and i see so many terrible shots from the guards.

I really cannot understand that they didn't give love the long contract because they were saving it for rubio. love is not the problem. He has carried the team on many nights and he has made many clutch shots.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess this is what it has come to. Just look up numbers that we don't really understand to judge how good a player is. Sigh.

Duncan beat the Lakers in the middle of their dynasty and won a title with crap around him. I don't really need to check some made up stat to know that and understand it and that Love should be winning a lot more games if he was really as good as his historic numbers suggest.

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Oh my God, what happened to Wolves today? I left for job when they were up 3 with something like 20s to go and I thought to myself "they could possibly not lose that". They'd have to make a foul and then hold the ball until the end or hit at least one free throw if fouled on their possession. Right?

I guess I didn't include a turnover by Martin in my "calculations"...

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bad coaching.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hater.

12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Hate to say it, but I think Adelman should be fired. You have a roster with Rubio, Martin, Brewer, Love, an Pekovic yet you're 13-15. I know Rubio's struggling with his shooting, but they really need to stop with the Martin/Love iso's and run the offense through him. Time and time again I've seen him be able to find guys and make beautiful passes for easy buckets.

That being said, it's pathetic how bad he is in terms of scoring and scoring efficiency. Bev scores more, and he doesn't even handle the ball much. Rubio really needs to work on his shooting and finishing. If he were even respectable in those areas he would easily be a top 7-8 PG.

The Wolves might recover, but right now the team is playing way short of talent level and expectations

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'Last 8 games, he has averaged 31.3ppg, 14.4 rpg, 4.6 apg while shooting 49.7% fg, 45% 3fg (on 60 attempts) and 87.3% ft.'

BUT BUT EMPTY STATS!!!!!

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Adelman didn't tell Martin to fall over or for him to throw the pass on their side of the basket (a fundamental rule in basketball). Otherwise they would have won tonight.

I think that outside of Love Pecker, they have a bunch of D-leaguers that can't really do anything, thats their problem.

15. Carl Herrera

http://m.startribune.com/sports/?id=236974521&c=y

16. Carl Herrera

Adelman loves Kevin Martin from their Sacramento years and fails to hold Martin accountable.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

He was screaming on the sidelines when Martin made that play. What makes you think that he isn't holding him accountable?

19. Carl Herrera

Apparently he did not scream loudly enough to make Martin feel accountable since Martin threw a stupid pick six pass in overtime.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Thats because Martin is a choker. During his time here you and I both saw that, doesn't really have much to do with accountability. Chokers will be held accountable as chokers, and will continue to be such. I imagine it will be a quiet and awkward ride home though.