1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to Bucks ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DMO (DJ remix), Dec 29, 2015.

1. DMO (DJ remix)

3rd bottom in east? people had them like 3-4 in east before season started. That Knight trade was hella dumb, but they got more issues than that, everyone thought Monroe will take them to next level and he did, if you know what i mean lol.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was very down on them before the season and expected them to disappoint based on last year.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Malakas could speak on this better than I, but I'm not sure I like Kidd's rotations. He seems to spread the minutes far too thin like he has a veteran team. Almost like what the Spurs do. The thing is, they aren't there yet. The Bucks have young talented guys trying to find their way and I'm not sure Kidd is maximizing their potential. That's just me looking from far outside. I might be off in thinking this.

By saying this, I'm not necessarily saying Kidd is a bad coach. Nor am I saying this is what is wrong with the Bucks. Just saying.

#3 mikol13, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  4. malakas

malakas Member

Noone can shoot except for Middleton and Bayless and Mayo. There is not offensive sheme at all, except from some 90s ideas like : posting up the best shooter wing smh and dumping the ball to the big which slows the pace and the rest of the team is fit more for a fast pace with lots of running and transition points. The defence can't be executed properly and a lot of teams have figured it out. Just move the ball and have corner 3s that by the SYSTEM they are left almost wide open. The defence on top of that leads to missing rebounds because everyone is exhausted from running around.
    Jabari and MCW are completely unable right now to properly defend the PNR as well.
    It is NOT Monroe's fault. Monroe is about as good as he was before he was signed he hadn't been underperforming.
    Jabari and Giannis are completely ignored most of the time in offence and it is a celebration when they get more than 10 FGA. No plays run for them at all.

But I dont' care about the losses because I want to tank and get a top 5 pick to get Murray as our new Pg. If Kidd can get the boot everything will be fine.
    I swear to god Kidd has messed with every young players head and made them hesitant to shoot. GA, Jabari and now Ennis and Vaughn even. The only one he should have done that to was MCW.

So from now if you ask what's wrong with the Bucks the answer is : they are tanking and the boss (Kidd) is a powerhungry lunatic who lives 20 years in the past.
    The SaveOurBucks movement are already thinking about starting a campaign as soon as he becomes officially the GM to put up another billboard to get him ousted. I will send my money once again and hope it has results as it did the last time.

The team is young so it's ok if they are in the lottery. The core is with one 21 y.o a 20y.o and a 24 y.o.(Middleton not MCW). Last year too they should have tanked but they wanted to fund the arena. Now that is funded the rebuild should NOT get rushed like New Orleans have done but take its time.
    Monroe is expiring next year and he can be very easilly traded to about 3-4 other teams for good assets back.

My draft choices are : Murray, Ingram and Poetl. Wouldnt' mind Simmons ofcourse but dont' think we will have much of luck to get the no.1 pick. Just do NOT want Dunn.

5. dianelo

dianelo Member

Manroe is not a good defender.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

paulwtfk is waiting for a call. His nickname is da savior.

7. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

I watched Bucks coaching staff real up close a few timeouts earlier in the year. The team had gone sideways in the game, Kidd called a timeout. He stood out under basket pre-huddle (very typical), took the dry erase board, started to scribble a play, wiped it out, started again, wiped it out, started again, wiped it out, started again, never fleshed anything out, took the assistants over to the huddle. The team looked just as confused as you'd expect in the huddle, and came out of it and turned the ball over. They weren't out of the game prior but they were no more in it after. In my five decades of going to games, that was a unique wtf moment. That's not to suggest he's normally that unable to draw up a play or craft an idea but at least in this ONE moment, he gave his guys nothing to help themselves with. I do wonder if he is more suited to coach a team of vets vs developing young talent. Again though, this was just ONE example and it might be no indicator of any other.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I think I saw something on ESPN about them being 1-14 on the Road.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

They beat GSW

They're all good. They just waiting it out until the NBA final re-match

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I haven't watched a single Bucks game this year, but I always thought giving Kidd personnel power would be a mistake. And that was confirmed when they flipped Brandon Knight for MCW.

I saw them as a 5-8 seed coming into the year, so I am surprised to see such a poor record.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Interesting. Thanx for the info. The players have said that he draws up plays but all the time I see Punty drawing them up (from the tv). But he draws end of game plays like the one in the playoffs game 3.
    Dudley said that no nba player respect a coach who can't draw up a play and that Kidd does, however I dont' think he does it often and a lot. He can though.
    A dire mistake. Not trading KNight but almost every other move.

I think in about 6 weeks we will have fireworks. Either the team will announce him as the official POBO and he will leave his coaching carreer ( :rolleyes: ) or he will leave altogether hopefully.
    But definitely there will be a lot of drama and a lot of gossip soon.
    It's not normal and it's only suspicious that a coach leave the team in the middle of a season for a surgery like that.

12. i3artow i3aller

Wonder where Giannis will play for his best years?
    <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iqXzDOde311/embed/simple" width="400" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Man, Murray on that team would just be downright scary in a couple years. Great size, deadly shooter and solid playmaking abilities. Could be played alongside MCW as well. Perfect fit IMO.