1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Grade do you give the Lou Williams trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 21, 2017.

?

What do Grade do you give this trade?

1. A+

42.7%
  2. A

42.8%
  3. B

12.9%
  4. C

0.9%
  5. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. F

0.7%
  1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, I thought we would pay a steep price to unload Brewer. But, somehow we unloaded him and added a very nice player to our roster. Furthermore, if for some reason we need to unload Williams this summer, it could probably be done with great ease. Win win win.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Of non-All Stars, Lou Williams is possibly the best creator (better than Gordon even as great as he has been), though it is mainly for himself. Elite at getting to the line yet still a great finisher. Hopefully, he can continue his outlier year in shooting threes. Will be a great substitute for Harden when he sits. Amazing value contract. All we gave up was our worst rotation player by far and a draft pick that is always overrated in the NBA. A+

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, and don't forget, out of non-All-NBA players we have the best creator in James Harden.

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  4. oakdogg

Yeah, rereading it, I might change that claim from non-All Stars to players without star billing. I can't even call him a role players, because my definition of role players has them getting their offense off of others. I'm just really excited. I haven't been this excited about a Rockets' trade since.............I was crazy excited about getting Ty Lawson! :(

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's near All-Star level? I think he's as close as you can get before you're an all-star.

6. oakdogg

You might be right. He had the second highest ORPM for Shooting Guards last I checked, and #1 was a misclassified James Harden.

But......he's been doing this for years and he got less than half what Wesley Matthews got in free agency the same summer, so he obviously does not have the rep of a near All Star.

But he does stuff that no other $7 mil player does. Per 35 minutes (applicable cuz he has gotten plenty of minutes this year), he gets close to 9 FTA's per game. Who does that but go to superstar scorers? He's not a role player as I define them though he is paid like a cheap one.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lololololol keep saying this bruuuuuuh

DonKnock likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lakers get an A for keeping the big picture in mind. They need to get a top 3 pick and Lou Will was preventing that. Lakers for me get an A because of their decisiveness, no let's compete BS they straight up killed their roster to tank.

buffalobills!!! and DonKnock like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I said before Rox greatest need is anotger scorer over a big man, Lou Will proving me right.

Hakeemtheking and DonKnock like this.
  10. Sanity2disChaos

Luther Head on STEROIDS=lou W
    Gordon and Williams make a good combo #2 on the team. Anderson #3

I inside presence that can score in the paint and rebound would send this team off. Randolph would be perfect.

Oh! Coming off the bench, of course...

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lol dude, i said i think its a B+ and you're reacting as if i said it was a bad trade.

honestly we're splitting hairs. what's the difference between a B+ and an A+? We all think it was a good trade. you loved it, i liked it.

do you need to use all caps and write a block of text in order to convince me that you're right about loving the trade and im wrong about liking it? lol come on man.

Chamillionaire and Shroopy2 like this.
  12. oakdogg

Exactly, much like Hakeem was Greg Ostertag on steroids.

mario_v likes this.
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I gave it the same B+ grade, on the BIGGER picture. Not sure why its piling on you and not me lol.

Rockets in total dealt away
    1st round pick,
    KJ McDaniels,
    Tyler Ennis,
    Corey Brewer

for Lou Williams + flexibility

Rockets luckily didnt reach into Capela, Harrell, Dekker, Nanu & Wiltjer. Thats the best part of it. But the outgoing pick & pieces is still sweetener towards bigger prizes if you WERE to include those guys. Its looking at ENTIRETY of ALL assets and needs instead of just single transaction.

Depends on how "greedy" you want to be, if you wanted the Rockets to blow FULL load on BIG haul to BEAT the WARRIORS, Spurs, Cavs, instead of half-load for medium haul. Oddly if the Rockets can pick up a Bogut or a good free agent, it makes THIS deal BETTER grade

smoothie likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still an A...

DD

DonKnock, roslolian and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. threepointshot3

Averaging 22 pts off the bench shooting 45% from the 3pt line and 46% from the field in only 25 minutes as a Houston Rocket! . What is not to like? Not to mention he is averaging 1.5 steals and with him we are averaging 135 points in the last two games. I love the way he puts pressure on the defense by drawing fouls. He is a very crafty player.

#155 threepointshot3, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

TMac hating ass and Chauncey Billups old head ass eating hella crow right now... I hate how this organization caters to TMac who never did **** for this team and all he does is talk **** about the Rockets on nationals TV. God I hope he's not celebrated in the 50 anniversary anytime

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you talking about? This trade was the only time he gave Rox a low grade. He even had a faux pass earlier in thr season and accidentally said "my rockets" while discussing something about the team.

Dude still sees himself as part of the Houston team and he was one of the greats invited when Yao got his jersey retired. Why did he give the trade a low grade? Probably because as a player his perspective is different from fans. Maybe he like Brewer as a teammate and didnt want to see him gone.

DonKnock and Chamillionaire like this.
  18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

What r u talking about? TMac has shown HOU love once in his whole time on national TV he's a huge hater which is why if you have twitter he gets a lot of **** from ROX fans bc all he do is talk ****. Go watch his TNT, ESPN, or that stupid show he's on now with that fat chick from LA who also talk a whole lot of crap about this team. Stop being a TMac dick rider and go look up some crap he's said instead of just claiming that he speaks great about the team bc you watched him say something nice once.

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I gave the trade a B a few days ago, but that was honestly me trying to keep my expectations in check. I liked the trade then, and I like it even more now after seeing how well Lou fits in the rotation. On a side note, the organization is completely aligned, from Les down to RGV, and it's nice to be along for the ride.

DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

James has not shot well in the 2 games since the all star break, 3rd quarter of the wolves game not withstanding. I could see this team hit 160 points if everyone was hot.

I love the trade though, he is like a mini Harden that will help get guards in foul trouble for Harden even more.

buffalobills!!! likes this.