1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What exactly did Daniels do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Thanks, man! I didn't know that.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if you are a three point shooting gun(like Riddick) you should hit open threes, he hasn't done that at all this season

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i'm sick of this "consistent minutes" argument, three point guns hit whenever they get a chance

they need to be ready at all times.

like i said, people got seduced by his playoff performances

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

Because his playoff performances were freaking incredible moments.

I wonder if we should let him get some minutes back in RGV so he can play free and get his shot back while working on building other areas of his game...

5. kemah

kemah Member

lol

You are enamored with a couple of shots then because his defense was a joke during that same time and still is. Shooters get cold but good defenders stay that way always.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

As a fan, I don't see anything wrong with wanting success for a guy who provided some of the most incredible moments from last season's playoffs.

7. kemah

kemah Member

lol

He provided ONE great moment. A lucky shot does not mean we should hand the keys to him. When he plays and shows he can handle the ball and actually play defense then we can talk. As of n ow he is a detriment on the floor as no matter if he scores his opponent will score at will also. He is getting a chance to show he was nbo fluke but unfortunately he is stinking it up. Now we don't have a defender in Daniels but his offense is off. If he has to play more to get better than he is Euro or China bound.

8. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

My apologies to everyone... :(:(:(

1 person likes this.
  9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I'll eat crow for bashing McHale for not playing him.

Dude just can't get a shot and really played terrible defense yesterday.

Looks like Isaiah stepped up to be the surefire shooter.

Troy needs to be aggressive or do something quickly to help out.

10. Hwon

Hwon Member

Isn't his aggressiveness kind of the problem?

He goes out there and tries to squeeze as much as he can into those garbage minutes. That's lead him to shooting at a pace beyond his norm and beyond even Harden. Hes over playing help on the ball giving too much space to his man and is easy pickings for drawing contact and a foul.

11. CertifiedTroll

Daniels should be in the rotation. I would be comfortable playing him 15-20 a night.

12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

He can't be sent back to the D League?

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Or didn't do, as it were

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He hit a bunch of clutch 3s in the other playoff game too..

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

His shot will come around. Great shooters always find their rhythm. The question is whether he can break the rotation this year even when he does. Terry has been great behind Harden and is a proven shooter and playoff performer. He's definitely got a lot left in the tank, playing surprisingly good defense at his age. Daniels can't play point and Bev and Canaan have that position covered anyway.

Where exactly are the minutes for Daniels to play? He's in the same situation as Dorsey. It's nice to see Dorsey play well finally, but he's going to ride pine as soon as Dwight gets back. If Daniels wants a serious role, he needs to play better defense than Terry, plain and simple. Or he can create his own shot more, or pass better. He can't be one dimensional and expect to put up shots whenever he gets in.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Aggressive but careful on defense...

there were games where it seemed like he didnt try

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Masochistic much?

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Daniels looks like he's in f it mode when he's put in the game. looks like all he wants to do jack up a bunch of shots anytime he touches it and nothing else.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think Daniels would be better with consistent minutes too, but Mchale doesn't play guys unless they earn it or he's forced to.

Daniels has to take more pride in the limited minutes he does get, and maybe he'll gain more favor. That, or wish for an injury...I'd hope he'd opt for the former rather than the latter.

20. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

It'd be hard for me to play with aggression and tenacity if i was only being put in for the last 2 minutes of a game too. It's just mother nature. Jus like any team that has a 15 point lead.

Even like the Texans squad, they build a lead in the first half. Then play it safe in the 3rd. Next thing you know the pressure is on them to maintain a 3 point lead.