1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What exactly did Daniels do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What exactly did Daniels do?

Nothinng! He did NOTHING and THAT IS THE PROBLEM. He does NOTHING and he is NOTHING!

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Not very damn much obviously. The coaching staff knows. They always know.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

One yeAr wonder. Cut him now

4. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Good grief a guy can't afford a bad shooting night around here. Especially when you haven't played in what the last 5 games?

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sorry dude. It does not work like that. The coaches work with these guys every day. They know who is ready to perform.

6. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Yeah, he obviously is not keeping himself ready. Maybe he is working on other parts of his game and forget what got him that contract. He should be shooting hundreds of 3pointers a day in practice to stay ready. No way he can be the way he is missing. His shots are not even close anymore.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Garcia can foul other players quicker. ,beside he does't smile..

1 person likes this.
  8. HRox832

HRox832 Member

He was AMAZING in the preseason. Don't know why he's been shooting bad in the regular season though. He was 0-4 from tonights. Yikes.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

End of pine players need to be ready to come in and perform. If they can't, and do not show well in practices, they won't ever get off the pine again. Unless of course the top six Rockets players go down with injuries.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

7 for 30 on the year now? Yikes

11. newAge_Rockets

He's closer to a 1 game wonder than a 1 year wonder.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Well, he IS very good. You don't set the record for 3's made in D-league by sucking. I think he is not in the right mindset right now. You saw how cold blooded he was during the playoffs. This year, he doesn't call for the ball and content with just hanging out. That 2 Mil contract probably caused him to take the foot off the pedal. He has got to want to be on this team. If not, he will go to CLEVELAND as Lebron's enterouge and 3-point threat.

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Daniels is very good at shooting and thats it.

He doesnt call for the ball cause he knows he cant do anything with ball besides Shoot and he isnt even shooting well at all so all he can do is hang out and wait.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Johnson looked better than Daniels tonight, just slightly.

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I've seen this complaint a lot. I'm not a shooter, so I have to ask this question: Just because you can hit spot up threes, does that mean you can also run through a myriad of screens & make threes - sometimes without even seeing the basket? Cuz that's what it appears Reddick often does. I mean I don't recall Matt Bullard or Sam Mack running through screens and such, but they were dead-on when they spotted up. If the two skills are different (and I imagine they are), I don't know why people assume Troy Daniels is capable of that kind of shooting. Did he do this in college or the DLeague?

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is remarkable how many noobie posters come to Daniels defense, while the more experienced posters, who have seen this many times before, remain skeptical. In the NBA you are no better than your season's average. And what is Daniel's?

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

They should send daniels down to the Vipers to get hot then call him back up later. All this sitting down is NOT gonna help him shoot any better. LOL AND bring up Capela!

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Right now we're treating Troy Daniels like a pinch hitter who's expected to deliver whenever he's called upon which is pretty rare. A guy like him needs to get consistent minutes and I guarantee you that 3PT% average goes up.

I like how people are claiming he doesn't understand NBA offenses/defenses, and yet, was playing in critical playoff games for us last season? Does not compute.

Daniels is a one-trick pony, yes. Guess what? Without many of our starters, our team is basically a one-trick pony. We shoot a bunch of threes and yet we don't play the one guy that could absolutely go on fire from three (besides Canaan who McHale is finally playing on a regular basis).

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Black is dramatically larger and we have pressing needs in the big rotation. He got minutes out of necessity. Daniels hasn't seen injuries ahead of him in the rotation, which is what needs to happen for him to get extended playing time.

20. Hwon

Hwon Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHoMcEZvmls

His bread and butter at VCU had him running through a closing door double screen going away from the basket for a 180 catch and shoot.

Daniels continues to slump for the same reasons. He's a spot up rhythm shooter who rides pine until its garbage time with Garcia, Johnson, and Dorsey. Case in point if he had made every three he put up this season it wouldn't have changed even one game. I don't think hes even taken a half dozen shots outside the 4th quarter.

So yeah Daniels' ability to jack threes at the end of games in meaningless minutes with Garcia/Johnson as play makers is definitely in question.

1 person likes this.