1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What exactly did Daniels do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Canaan just had his best game ever.

Daniels doesn't play the 3.

So, let's start a thread about the Rockets 12-3 team, and why we don't play all our favorite players.

And let me post 10 times in the first 20 posts to counter all arguments, because I'm the OP and don't want to listen to anyone.

2. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

cant blame him for chucking 3's during his limited minutes. In a position like that its easy for a player to start pressing. Im all for him getting more minutes. I love the chemistry he and Canaan have.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

CF overrated him.

4. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Tarik Black got more minutes off the bench then Dmo did in the first game of the season when Howard and Jones were playing and DID NOT PRODUCE. And at 6'11 he still isn't producing with one block on the entire season. But Daniels who gave the whole fanbase hope in the playoffs can't even step foot on the floor.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some people don't understand that there are actual positions out there on the court and that you can't just pick 5 random players and throw them out there together. Make Daniels 6'8 and able to play the 3 and he'd get playing time but there's just not many minutes available at the 2 and that's what he plays.

6. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I'm sorry for responding to people in a thread I created...

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Give us a break OP. Jesus.

8. JazzLakerHater

I got a good laugh when Daniels came in garbage time in some of the earlier games in the season. I know it was garbage but the dude literally did nothing but chuck up shots from like 30 feet with a hand in his face. None of those were even close. He should at least try to impress in garbage time.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And that's 12 posts. You aren't responding; you are lecturing.

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

In fairness Canaan has only been getting the minutes because of Bev's injuries and many people are now big fans of Canaan.
    Daniels hasn't been getting the minutes to improve himself like Canaan and even DMo have been getting.
    I would like to see Daniels getting some of the minutes Garcia's been getting.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you want to see Daniels at the 3? Would you also like to see Capela at the 1?

12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I understand that. My question now though is how come Black got so much burn in the beginning of the season when all our bigs were healthy and not Daniels? And even though Garcia is bigger than Daniels is he really producing much? It's not like Daniels is tiny either he's 6'4. He would have been guarding a 6'6 Nick Stauskus tonight.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's as simple as this under Mchale Troy Daniels lacks everything but shooting the three but under Popovich Troy Daniels is Danny Green. Mchale just doesn't know how to develop shooting guards.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well Black is 2nd on the depth chart at the 5, so he got more time than Daniels who is 3rd on the depth chart at a position where Harden plays like 38 minutes a game. It's just as simple as that.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because the Rockets realistically go 3 deep in the front court? And D-Mo was not getting any burn (coaches decision)? Step back OP. Look at the bigger picture.

16. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Fair enough.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if he isn't hitting threes he has no value, people need to stop over rating him

18. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I don't think it's either him only being harden is averaging 37 mpg (5+ over his career avg.) Not that it's a bad thing (knock on wood) but there are no minutes for him. Terry is averging 22. Garcia as well. We've kind of needed the veteran composure through this dwight/jones/bev drought and Harden at SG is almost a must or else the rockets wouldn't take control of the game and keep us ahead likes hes had to do in probably 80% of the games.

We will see him more often in the 2nd half of the season

19. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

This is my thing and I just want to say this last lil bit before I go to sleep....

You cannot expect a shooter like Daniels to knock down 3's at a consistent rate without getting any minutes. So for the people saying he has no value because he's not hitting his 3's its not fair to him because he isn't getting a chance. Remember he didn't even play in the first two preseason games for real which is why I'm questioning is it something going on internally. And he made 18 3's in the preseason when he did start getting play time and was 43% from beyond the arc in the preseason. And if I remember correctly his defense was not all that bad like you guys are making it out to be.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Rooks gotta earn it.