1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What exactly did Daniels do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I was at the game tonight with the family and I can tell you EVERYONE knew that Harden needed that last rebound for the triple double!
    It was even shown on the big screen! Troy must of been in LaLa Land, everyone around my area was in disbelief on his moronic play!

2. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

daniels sucks
    d-league asset

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Without him, Rox would have lost at Sacramento.

Gave us the first lead against the Kings. Y'all chill.

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Thank God Troy doesn't rebound with two hands and sucks with rebounding in general. His inability to rebound saved his butt from the wrath of the Beard.

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That's a pretty bold statement. He made a couple of three's, and he's responsible for the win?

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he did hit a 3 on the break to put us up by 1 point. he's just doing his job.

7. omgTHEpotential

So what if he was in the way of Harden producing his artificial triple-double. Those last second really reminded me of these shameful triple-double moments:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lDzRvZcFn48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u9Ur8rtAinI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

Harden has been carrying this team on his back and the Rockets have their best record at this point in a season since Hakeem has been here, yet you want to sit here nit-picking the man?

The only shameful moment that I see here is your post.

9. omgTHEpotential

I love Harden, without him we might not even be a .500 team. Yet, a triple-double is a triple-double... That thing was not one.

10. Ghost_of_Akeem

Why? Because he scraped up the bare minimum in rebounds and assists?

11. omgTHEpotential

Hey at least he didn't miss his own shot to get a rebound!

Don't get me wrong, my issue with all of this is not that Harden artificially produced his triple-double. He got a triple-doublem, good for him. My issue is that people rant and **** crap on Daniels for some reason when he did absolutely nothing wrong

12. Ghost_of_Akeem

No, I agree. Daniels has been sidelined for some time now and is just trying to prove to his coach that he's deserving of more minutes. It was obvious that Daniels would go out there and hustle and make the most of the limited minutes.

To Harden's credit though, he clearly never explained to Daniels that he was close to triple double. It wasn't something that weighed heavily on his mind and Harden would have walked off the floor just fine knowing we had won the game.

13. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Glad to have you back!

Must have been sophomore slump.

14. newAge_Rockets

He still looked a little iffy on some defensive plays, bu the best way to get better is play and learn in actual games. It's a beautiful sight to watch him when he's hot, and I wish the Rockets would have run more plays for him.

If theres any positives to this game, it's that Tr3y Daniels might have finally found hI'm self out of the doghouse. We definitely need him or Canaan (or both) if we expect to make a deep run in the playoffs.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Doubt it. With Pap and Canaan back, along with Terry coming back eventually, there is just not time for Troy.

16. newAge_Rockets

But McHale isn't playing Canaan right now. I understand that he has to get his legs back under him, but don't you think he needs some game time to get back in that rythym?

Also Pap is a good playmaker and defender, but he's struggled all year shooting the basketball.

17. Hwon

Hwon Member

Daniels needs more development before he will see consistent minutes.

Most people don't understand that he never really played as a true guard at VCU. They played a four guard system because of their press and so while he was listed as one he pretty much played the 3 spot and wasn't a primary ball handler. He has some dribble and drive skills, but not enough for an NBA guard. In a perfect world he'd be 4" taller and coming off the bench for Ariza.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

So long and best of luck Mr. Daniels.